GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Magic Melamine Sponge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Magic Melamine Sponge Empty
PostSubject: Magic Melamine Sponge   Magic Melamine Sponge Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:27 am

Have any nasty black marks you cant seem to remove from paintwork.
Use a Magic Sponge and a little water or diluted alcohol, basically wipe and its gone.
Impossible to damage the finish as even the worst a sponge can do from over zealouse behaviour is an easy polish out.
Evidently a well known cure in the detail finishers world.

I tried T-cut but its waxes protect the marks as much as try to remove them.
Tried Autoglym, nothing designed to work worked.
On a white bike black marks are notorious.
All gone in one simple process.

Find them the cheapest you can £1 or $1 should get you a pack of 4 from any housewares shop or ebay.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Melamine Sponge   Magic Melamine Sponge Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:59 pm

back in the day worked on private yachts - those big multi million dollar gin palaces - and we 'discovered' those magic pads.... used em like fiends for about six months, saved us hours in cleaning. cheers

then, at the next haul-out shipyard period, the painter asked "what the f#%k have you been doing to the paint work????"

those pads leave micro scratches in the polymer layers and those grow each time you run over the same spot, actually removing those top layers... and those scratches attract and collect dirt, and if you look at the paint at different angles, you can see the 'damage'...

nothing for nothing.
we stopped using them.

just saying
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Magic Melamine Sponge   Magic Melamine Sponge Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:11 pm

I dont doubt they do, the idea is to clean the stubborn shit then protect the surface underneath from attracting more stubborn shit.
ie polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish then use a sealer over the top.
All polishing is scratches polished out finer, fresh paint is scratched with soap and 2400, compound is finer and wax finer still.
Unless your painting in two pack which dont require no scratching to polish.
T-Cut scratches thats why its colour matched to match fill the scratches after.
Your painter was only bitching because meant he had to compound out what you over a short time over zealously scratched up.
Eventually paint wears away and needs a respray, such is the way of painted products.
Boats are different paint is applied to a release mould then layers of clear coat layed up, dont quote me on that. you were lazily cleaning boat shit.
Not cleaning polishing and protecting.

Prob why there is such a trend in high gloss laquer type finishes or ceramic coatings.
Just Saying Laughing
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Magic Melamine Sponge   Magic Melamine Sponge Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:30 am

When I was 16 & scratching around for money, I went door-knocking around our village with a friend offering car-washing (using a nylon sponge/scouring pad & big sponge). The scouring pad seemed to be great at removing marks the sponge wouldn't touch & all went well until we did a metallic-brown Cortina Mk2.....I never went car washing again Sad

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Magic Melamine Sponge   Magic Melamine Sponge Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 am

paulbrice wrote:
When I was 16 & scratching around for money, I went door-knocking around our village with a friend offering car-washing (using a nylon sponge/scouring pad & big sponge). The scouring pad seemed to be great at removing marks the sponge wouldn't touch & all went well until we did a metallic-brown Cortina Mk2.....I never went car washing again Sad

Laughing
Thought would post something useful maybe scratch a one off me minus 3 Laughing

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic Melamine Sponge   Magic Melamine Sponge Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Magic Melamine Sponge
Page 1 of 1