GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+79
Moto Guzzi virgin
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
83 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:39 am

ratso88 wrote:
Damn Bill, sorry to have missed you. I don't recall seeing any other GRiSO out there. Yeah, great riding, bourbon, beer and BS'ing. Your name did come up one evening regarding mutton and Kentucky.

Maybe next time.

Small world.

In fairness, We were only there a matter of 30 minutes, if that, on Friday, around noon.

I did not see another GRiSO or I would have hunted down its rider.  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:33 pm

Didn't cut the grass..

..I'm getting to it...

Mrs Beetle goes out the into the yard to grab some Bay leaves to cook the corned beef for dins tonight.
"It's a jungle out there" says she, "now go get all manly and fire up to the whipper snipper."

I goes into the garage, grabs the snipper..no fuel. I grabs the 2 stroke jerry can, which is empty, and has a bit of crud in the bottom.

Enter GRiSO...

I siphon a cupful of $2.30/litre liquid gold out of GRiSO to wash out the wee jerry can. I whips up to the local servo and spends $12.00 on 5 litres of regular and 200ml of 2-stroke oil. I zooms back and get the snipper fired up...only to have the clutch crap itself.

There shall be no whippy snipping here today.

Arse!

Waste of good petrol. Mad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:51 pm

I looked at mine, started it, and watched a video of me on it. 😂😂. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill Hagan, marcdavo and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:21 pm

guess my last ride for this year. finally indian summer is here after a month of rain and cold
i went to a near by peak: Gaberl, used to be my favorite 2hrs drive, but have no luck lately:
fresh pavement and gravel Sad

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:59 pm

Not a sausage. Unless looking at it counts?

Got sunburned doing a honey-do.

Might stick the battery charger on. Can't remember the last time I rode it. Crying or Very sad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:37 pm

A couple of weeks ago took a ride into the middle of the South Island for a rally in a Valley Cool  And finally finished a little video of the weekend.

Bill Hagan, marcdavo and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:12 am

Dropped it on the left into thick Staffordshire mud at 15-20mph trying to avoid other mud.

Luckily Wendy and i muddy but unhurt.

No visible damage to the bike but gear lever was floppy and selection downwards was very hit or miss.

The GRiSO took us 70ml towards home, then, in the middle of a junction, the gearbox output dhaft locked solid .

Now waiting for recovery service now[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:29 am

Jon,
Very sorry to hear of your unfortunate mishap. Glad you and Wendy are OK!

John

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:05 am

When you say the gearbox output shaft do you mean the selector shaft or the driveshaft? Did the wheel lock up?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:07 am

Pete Roper wrote:
When you say the gearbox output shaft do you mean the selector shaft or the driveshaft? Did the wheel lock up?

Yes the output shaft wheel only rolls about 50cm back or forwards till there is a CLUNK. silent pale

Last edited by lcjohnny on Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:07 am

Hello, you were lucky again and you had good guardian angels.

Do you already know the reason for the stuck gearbox output shaft?

How many KM/Mls are on the GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:35 am

43,000 ml / over 69,000km

Yes very lucky, I probably shouldn't have ridden it with the selector mechanism malfunctioning, but Guzziz (are meant to) always get you home Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Sounds serious, and very unusual. Gearboxes are essentially bulletproof. Can you push it with the clutch pulled in? That would indicate a problem in the clutch or engine. The small amount of movement you can get will be simply the backlash in the selector dogs in the box.

I fear that this is going to be an 'Open it up and have a look' job.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Yikes! Glad you and Wendy are good.

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:33 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Sounds serious, and very unusual. Gearboxes are essentially bulletproof. Can you push it with the clutch pulled in? That would indicate a problem in the clutch or engine. The small amount of movement you can get will be simply the backlash in the selector dogs in the box.

I fear that this is going to be an 'Open it up and have a look' job.
i think i should

Clutch feels good but does not free the rear wheel.

When i push the bike it stops woth a clunk, not the soft spring of compression ;(.

When i bought it the left footrest was bent back 10 degrees and the the left steering stop broken off. So i think it has been up the road on the left before.

But either way the fall today has finished off something in the gear selection mechanism.

Yes i beleive it will require the full Guzzi motorcycle disassembly ritual. So first i need to clear lots and lots of of space
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:58 pm

On the Cali 14 that Michael extracted the gearbox from recently there was damage to the preselector arm. In that case it was a breeze block that fell off the back of a builder's truck that bounced up and slammed into rage shift lever. The shock bent the lever but the force bent the preselector arm preventing gear changes.

With yours it sounds like something has actually broken off inside and may of got jammed between a set of gear teeth. If this is the case it'll be very bad news as one or other of the shafts, maybe both, will likely be bent. You'll need to run them up between centres on a lathe and stick a dial gauge on them to determine run out as even if they are slightly bent they're buggered!

You will need to beg, borrow or buy the gearbox splitting tools. Or make a set. But they are pretty vital for separating the cases without damage. I'd send you mine but I really can't risk loosing them and might need them at any time.

I can also supply a second hand box if you wanted, I've got lots of them from bikes I've wrecked. Might be cheaper than rebuilding though.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:25 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
.... may of got jammed between a set of gear teeth. If this is the case it'll be very bad news as one or other of the shafts, maybe both, will likely be bent.

I was trying hard not to think that and hoping no-one else would...!! Acid Bath

As the failure to select was not symmetrical -(up seemed better would not get into first and found neutrals going down from some changes) l am hoping that the preselector arm (GUO5236231) is bent and maybe one of the selector forks is bent and it has engaged 2 gears at once?

Anyway i have not got a lathe or a set of centres so one step at a time

Jon
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:15 pm

At a guess I'd think the trouble started with the roller arm of the preselector mechanism seen below.

And here's one of the splitting tools in action.

kiwi dave, GhostBullet and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:21 am

Wow.

Sorry to read all of that, lcjohnny.  Happy that neither you nor Wendy were hurt.   cheers

Even lowspeed dismounts cn be painful.

This series of posts deserves a separate thread, but without Steak  Sad , not sure who can do that.  scratch

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:33 am

Yup, this is going to be a problem soon I expect.

If we want this place to keep going we're going to have to have someone talk to Forumotion or whoever it is who ? Publishes it ? But I don't have the knowledge, skills or time to do it.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:50 am

Pete
thanks for the very useful gearbox work pictures
Waiting on delivery of a wheel dolly so i can move GRiSO out to wash off the mud then back in to a place where I can start work.

Yes a separate thread would be good I lack the skills to move things on forums Sad
But wil start a thread

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:53 am

Sorry to hear Jon & glad you are both OK, looks like it's going to be a busy fall/winter in the garage !!

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:31 am

I'm glad you and Wendy are okay, Jon.

I know this is a pain in the ass, guys, but please don't anyone contact Forumotion right now. Steve's brother,  David is in the process of recovering passwords etc. from Steve's devices and is quite savvy about such things. I will be talking to him some more, but he is confident he can salvage this thing. Maybe he and I can work together to carry on Steve's vision and his great leadership. Please be patient.

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Bill Hagan, JohnA, lcjohnny, Nobleswood and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 am

was finally able to take a weekend trip to the mountains. beautiful foliage and went on NC16 into VA and took "the back of the dragon" for a couple of runs

GRiSO performed flawlessly

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:06 pm

As I was getting familiar with GuzziDiag I tried the "latest" stock mapping before purchasing the Beetle-map for my GRiSO 1100. Installed it today and went for a quick 45 km sundowner after work: The "weak" rev range between 4 and 5.000 rpms seems to be a strength now, while slow speed snatchiness has mostly gone and according to the display consumption seems to be lower - to be determined upon the next fillup, but already promising. It´s a shame the sun went down and the season will soon come to an end!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 18 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 18 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next