GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel injection.

Go down 
+2
Oz1200Guzzi
JohnA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Banders
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 am

Hi have to replace my fuel injector. Q is do I have to depresure the fuel line? If so do I have to disconnect the electric connection under the tank or just pull the fuse? Then hit the starter button to release the pressure?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:11 am

Pretty sure you need to disconnect the electrical connector, hit the start button a couple of times to release pressure and then Carefully disconnect the fuel connector. The fuel connector is tricky. There is a video about that here I believe.

Banders likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:19 am

There is a YouTube video called: Guzzi Quick disconnect fuel fitting
Take a look at that.
Back to top Go down
Banders
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:35 am

Will do thanks 😊. I thought that I could have just pulled the fuse that controls the fuel pump, injectors, and hit the button to release the pressure. Do you know if there any information on replacing the injectors? Ie disconnect the fuel line from the injectors?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:07 am

Hi Banders.

The injector connection is held in place by a screw (can't remember the size) at the injector. It is sealed through the use of an O-ring and should just pop off, once the screw is removed. If pressure is still in the lines, it will be released as you disassemble it - no real need to got the tank disconnect in this case.

A small amount of fuel will leak out anyway, so have a spill rag in place for the first one - the other side, even less.

When reassembling, use a small amount of rubber grease, on the O-rings - it will assist.

Replacing the injectors is not hard at all.

Banders likes this post

Back to top Go down
Banders
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:05 am

Thanks replacement injectors in. Bike still running on 1 cylinder? New plugs in got spark. It's doing my head in, spark fuel air, still won't run on 2 cylinders. Getting close to a box of matches. This only started when I parked up for the winter, same as every year.
Back to top Go down
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Seized valve? Loss of compression?

Banders likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:19 pm

Compression test required.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:21 pm

Compression should should show both sides at 170 psi or higher. If not, more exploring is required

lcjohnny and Banders like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:21 pm

I think I suggested this a couple of days ago. Until you've confirmed that it is compressing the charge everything else is moot at this point. You say it has spark. You say it has fuel. That means that it must be pump related, either the gas isn't getting to the cylinder or it isn't being compressed.

In my experience injector failures are extremely rare so I think they are unlikely as a cause. Likewise plugs. I think I've had one duff plug in the last decade. It was such a rare thing it took me ages to isolate as it didn't even occur to me until I'd exhausted just about any other avenue! Laughing

The most likely culprit I still think to be ignition related because a sudden, catastrophic, valve failure is pretty unlikely in the circumstances you've described but running a compression test will rule it out.

Now I believe we have two Pommy posters with similar issues at the moment so I may well be confusing the posters of two separate threads. If so I apologise. I'll ask again has the bike shown any reluctance to rev beyond about 6,000rpm since it was rollerised?
Back to top Go down
Banders
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:12 am

It did feel flat when opening up, was expecting the kick everyone talking about above 5000 rpm but nope more honda like bit disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:24 am

I suspect a cam may be out a tooth. Not hard to check.

If this is the case it may well of dropped a valve.

Set it up at TDC compression on the dead cylinder and check the valve clearance.

If there is no clearance on one valve it doesn't portend good.

Do the compression test.

beetle, lcjohnny, SMTCapeCod and Banders like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel injection.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel injection.    Fuel injection.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel injection.
Page 1 of 1