GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Air temperature sensor issue?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rikrok
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Rikrok

Air temperature sensor issue? Empty
PostSubject: Air temperature sensor issue?   Air temperature sensor issue? Icon_minitime1Sat 26 Mar 2022, 23:08

Is it possible to have an intermittent air temperature sensor issue. I have an 08 1100. While out riding, the dash temperature is reading correct (80 in Florida). At one point, the number start counting, a snowflake icon will appear on the dash and the the service light. A few minutes later, all goes back. It does trigger the 06 error. I checked the connector and applied electric grease on the terminals. I have no issue swapping out the sensor is that is it. Just didn't want to waste time and money.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Air temperature sensor issue?   Air temperature sensor issue? Icon_minitime1Sat 26 Mar 2022, 23:14

The sensor for the dash is a simple thermistor, from memory it's cable tied inside the binacle. I'd be surprised if it was n the blink to be honest. It's more likely to be dash related I'd think but it's virtually impossible to say without substitution.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Air temperature sensor issue?   Air temperature sensor issue? Icon_minitime1Sun 27 Mar 2022, 01:06

What Pete said. It's just a thermistor, and will either work or not. It's powered on the same circuit that runs the fuel level sensor, so it's unless the fuel light is on unexpectedly, or flickering at the same time, it's probably either the connection at the dash, or the dash itself. It won't affect the running of the bike.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

PostSubject: Re: Air temperature sensor issue?   Air temperature sensor issue? Icon_minitime1Sun 27 Mar 2022, 08:53

Ah funny I never looked into that but I thought that it was using the intake air temperature sensor
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Air temperature sensor issue?   Air temperature sensor issue? Icon_minitime1Sun 27 Mar 2022, 10:40

Nip. No idea why not but I'd guess the intake air is warmer.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Air temperature sensor issue?   Air temperature sensor issue? Icon_minitime1Sun 27 Mar 2022, 12:06

The intake is heated by the engine. The dash? Not so much.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air temperature sensor issue?   Air temperature sensor issue? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Air temperature sensor issue?
Page 1 of 1