GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

front brake level clicking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

front brake level clicking Empty
PostSubject: front brake level clicking   front brake level clicking Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:37 am

hi
replaced brake fluid on all of my bikes. GRiSO had this funny orange colour, looked like orange juice with pulp.
as usual i did empty reservoir, filled in few fluid etc etc.
since then one can feel and hear a click when using the break, not on each usage, more like on the first ..
i have then opened the reservoir again, and to my surprise, again more orange then like a new fluid, emptied the reservoir, cleaned the surface of it a bit, new fluid in, bleeding a few pumps on left and right side.
however clicking is still there ?
can it be air ? is it the pump and it was all coincidence ?
what i did on the GRiSO too: i did clean the brake pistons and during that procedure it did press them back into housing completely.
could that explain the orange pulp ? and consequently the clicking ?
cheers
a very confused p
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: front brake level clicking   front brake level clicking Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:09 am

Hi Pawel

when you changed the hydraulic fluid, - did you pump it all out throught the bleed nipples on the brake calipers until the clean fluid came through?

If you did that then i cannot work out why the new fluid has got contaminated - but it sounds nasty - like it has absorbed water from the atmosphere?
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: front brake level clicking   front brake level clicking Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:03 am

one reservoir filling on each side should have been sufficient, i have hoped.
i cleaned the bottom of the reservoir during second drain, not sure if i did that on the first
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: front brake level clicking   front brake level clicking Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:36 am

went now for the 3rd check Smile
fluid was ok-ish, must have been dirt on the reservoir walls and bottom. cleaned it again. let's see.
as for the noise: cleaned the level and put some copper paste on it, hope it was that and nothing with the pump/cylinder itself

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front brake level clicking   front brake level clicking Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

front brake level clicking
Page 1 of 1