GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Sump gasket

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

Sump gasket Empty
PostSubject: Sump gasket   Sump gasket Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:21 am

Hello everybody. I've been looking around and can't find the info I need. My GRiSO is a 2016.

Due to a persistent fear of over tightening the little 7mm nuts for the valve adjusters, I had one back completely off the adjuster and fall into the pan. Wanted to just leave it but couldn't. So off with the sump. That wasn't too bad but all the other stuff, kickstand, exhaust and oil cooler paraphernalia was more than expected.

After letting the bike sit for a week, I decided to get started on some of the reassembly while waiting on the parts I ordered, a new sump gasket and a couple other things.

That's when I laid down and noticed. This thing has a metal gasket.

So my burning question is...... Is the gasket reusable? It stayed completely stuck to the block and perfectly clean off the sump.
Guess its win-win either way. Got a spare if reusable and a new one on the way (should be shipping today) if its not.

What does the Guzzi crowd say?

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Sump gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sump gasket   Sump gasket Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:25 am

Thats probably a Pete Roper only answer as you have the later shallower sump on the left.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kubbie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Sump gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sump gasket   Sump gasket Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:03 pm

If the gasket is undamaged it'll probably be fine. Try it and see.

kubbie likes this post

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

Sump gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sump gasket   Sump gasket Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:27 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If the gasket is undamaged it'll probably be fine. Try it and see.

Sat down and put the bike together last night. Got it all put back together with no spare bolts.

As I was doing it I remembered that my Sprint had a metal gasket on the stator and starter gear covers. They were both taken off several times and didn't leak. So thinking it'll be good to go. Finding out later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sump gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sump gasket   Sump gasket Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sump gasket
Page 1 of 1