GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally she's home :)

Go down 
+6
Eire1400
beetle
svru
Pete Roper
JohnA
bjor
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

Finally she's home :) Empty
PostSubject: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 7:05 am

Finally I could take the step up from beeing a GRiSO owner to a GRiSO rider Smile
I bought the beauty this winter but had to store it in Holland until driving conditions made it possible to bring it home to Norway, - which was now.

What a bike and what a ride back!
I have had -and have- several other Guzzis, but this one takes the price!
It gives comfort to the eye, music to the ear and adrenalin when let loose Wink
Lucky enough, I might be more Italian sized, because everything fits. The second day of riding, we covered around 600 kms without getting tired. This is not bad, concidering it was my first trip for the season and on a -for me- new bike!

I chose to go parts of the road away from the main track to get more curvs and hills, and was surprised how easy it is to handle and how well it pulls. The bike is fast!
It is, however, definately not an off-roader. After an hour on frost heavings and bad asphalt, that was the conclusion. Hopefully this will improve after it gets a Stelvio schock and an Öhlins spring.

I'm fu@#¤n happy  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The GRiSO in Holland. A small country with great people, almost didn't want to leave... Wink

On the ferry from Eemshaven to Kristiansand.
Fabulous guitar player on board, played blues, Pink Floyd and classic spanish equally well. Worth the whole trip!

On the road Smile

Frosen grass and ice on the lake, but a HOT GRiSO Wink

Finally home Smile
Ready to be prepared for technical control and conversion into Norwegian plate.
Headlight is aleady changed into right hand driving and original muffler is back on. The GPR is far too loud (probably no baffle inside...) to my liking, and would never pass the control...
Next is remapping and some light personifications. Wink

cheers

beetle, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Clancy, BruPo, BowraBoy, SMTCapeCod and like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 8:30 am

Bjor,

Nice pictures. Glad you had a great trip. I love Norway. Been there a few times and one time took a train from Stavanger to Oslo. Beautiful countryside. I jealous!

Bill Hagan, bjor and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 12:08 pm

JohnA wrote:
Bjor,

Nice pictures. Glad you had a great trip. I love Norway. Been there a few times and one time took a train from Stavanger to Oslo. Beautiful countryside. I jealous!

Thanks Smile
Give me a hint next time you eventually are in the country...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 2:12 pm

So what year is it and is it rollerised if pre mid-2012?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
svru
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
svru

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 3:13 pm

Recognize your experience of the first trip from when I picked up mine about 9 years ago. Good luck, it looks like you made the right choice. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 5:14 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Yes it is. It was Eire1400's GRiSO.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2022 5:56 pm

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 1:01 am

Pete Roper wrote:

It's a 2010 and sold as rollerised by a member here in the Ghetto, so I presume it should be ok...

Thanks for your concern Pete! Smile
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 1:03 am

svru wrote:
Recognize your experience of the first trip from when I picked up mine about 9 years ago. Good luck, it looks like you made the right choice. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No doubt Svein, no doubt! Wink
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 am

beetle wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Yes it is. It was Eire1400's GRiSO.

You were quicker than me, and you are absolutely right Wink
Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 4:56 am

Hi Bjorn
Delighted your happy with the bike, I’m always a bit skeptical selling without the buyer actually seeing the bike in the ‘flesh’.
She’s a beauty and I hope it servers you as well as it did me.
Actually looking at the pics with the snowcapped mountains in back ground and the luggage on the bike has me missing it for the first time since its gone.
I replaced the GRiSO  with a ’03 r1150 gs, my second 1150gs and my 4th BMW ( ‘84 K100 & ’92 R100 ) in a row with the exception of the MG.
Well wear and safe riding.

Shane

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 5:55 am

Eire1400 wrote:
Hi Bjorn
Delighted your happy with the bike, I’m always a bit skeptical selling without the buyer actually seeing the bike in the ‘flesh’.
She’s a beauty and I hope it servers you as well as it did me.
Actually looking at the pics with the snowcapped mountains in back ground and the luggage on the bike has me missing it for the first time since its gone.
I replaced the GRiSO  with a ’03 r1150 gs, my second 1150gs and my 4th BMW ( ‘84 K100 & ’92 R100 ) in a row with the exception of the MG.
Well wear and safe riding.

Shane

Thanks a lot Shane Smile

I might be a little naive when it comes to trusting people, but my long experience with the Guzzi Clan is that we're more like a family and we treat each other well. And, as I told you, I have a brother in law from Ireland, and of course all you Irish are like him. So trust was established, and I have not been dissappointed! Smile

Regarding my Irish brother in law, I went to their wedding and wore my national costume on the occasion. This has the exact colours as their county flag (which I understand is more or less holy). The next day in a pub I got slightly drunk because everyone wanted to give a Guinnes to the one wearing the Mayo-colours. I love the Irish! Smile

Hope you will be as happy with your BMW as I am with my GRiSO.

Cheers, Bjørn
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 5:26 pm

I obviously deal with the convicts.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2022 9:52 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Bjor! My father's family is from Reiakvam. I hope to get back there again one day for a visit. Was last there as a kid in 1969, but I have lots of fond memories of beautiful people and a beautiful country.

Happy Syttende Mai!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2022 4:13 am

Street wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto, Bjor! My father's family is from Reiakvam. I hope to get back there again one day for a visit. Was last there as a kid in 1969, but I have lots of fond memories of beautiful people and a beautiful country.

Pete (Street)

Thanks Pete Smile
Reiakvam lies in one of the nices parts of the country for Guzzi driving, lots of curvy roads along spectacular fjords and mountains.
If you decide to come one day, let me know. I live only a day's travel from there. Smile

Street wrote:
Happy Syttende Mai!
Pete (Street)

Comming up soon and will be celebrated Wink
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2022 3:56 pm

Welcome aboard Bjorn, enjoy your GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Wed May 18, 2022 11:43 pm

Beautiful country, amusing jurney, great bike...
Have more fun with GRiSO.
Cheers
Onur
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2022 4:19 am

okuraner wrote:
Beautiful country, amusing jurney, great bike...
Have more fun with GRiSO.
Cheers
Onur

Thanks Onur Wink
I mounted your tank ring before I left and put a new Givi bag on. Looks great and functions perfectly! Thanks a lot! Smile

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally she's home :)   Finally she's home :) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally she's home :)
Page 1 of 1