GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally doing the deed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Finally doing the deed Empty
PostSubject: Finally doing the deed   Finally doing the deed Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Well.
My wife got her motorcycle license and then a motorcycle (Suzuki SVF Gladius 650) in the last six months.
We finally got all the docs/insurance squared away and I softened the springs to lower the bike so Terrie (The DungeonMistress) and I went riding this weekend.
I mentioned to her how a lot of riders cover the front brake lever with two fingers and keep the rest of the hand around the throttle.
She tried that parked and idling and she was able to operate the throttle and brake separately. Which was a BIG problem in December.

She is still getting used to operating a motorcycle on the road and she decided she wanted to ride it to work the is upcoming week so we did a dry run today.
After we arrived at her job she said to me "The steering feels heavy".  DAMN RIGHT!! (that's my girl)
Then we rode down the I15 to Hwy 138 to 173 up into Hesperia then home.
This is a small loop that gets into a little bit of twisty road bits to get her warmed up.

Here is the map.
I set the directions so it could highlight the route then I had to pull the route off what the map wanted and put it on the roads we actually used (138/173)
I'm not sure if my route correction successfully translated in the link.

The DungeonMaster/Mistress Route ala Google Maps - Tour di Mojave

After we got home I lowered the triple clamps 10mm (.400 inch) and Terrie was able to sit on the bike flat footed in her sandals. Yay!!!!!!!
She also told me that covering the front brake with two fingers was a Big Game Changer and now she can use one WITHOUT unintentionally engaging the other.
I also told Terrie that her 1984 V65 smallblock steers a LOT easier than the Suzuki so we are working to getting the papers and fresh tires for that Guzzi squared away next.

We had a Real Good Ride and we are Pleased As Punch that we are doing out favorite things together.
Riding motorcycles is what got us together in the first place.
All in All Life is Very Good.
And it's better on a GRiSO

PS
We were at Charlie Brown Farms gift shop in Little Rock CA Saturday (riding the GRiSO) and a stranger walked up to me and started telling me how much he liked the GRiSO and after I told him how much I liked it he told me he was going to buy one.
Rock On brother!!!!!

Happy Trails Everyone

DungeonMaster
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Finally doing the deed   Finally doing the deed Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:27 am

nice road and where do you live there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Finally doing the deed   Finally doing the deed Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 pm

I live in Apple Valley so I like to take 138/173 up into Hesperia on my way up into Apple Valley.
I usually take 173 to 138 up to Crestline as the beginning of loop that takes 18 thru Lake Arrowhead then Big Bear then down into Lucerne Valley on my way home to Apple Valley.
18 between Crestline to Big Bear has some real nice 2nd and 3rd gear sweepers.

DM
Back to top Go down
bobw
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobw

PostSubject: Re: Finally doing the deed   Finally doing the deed Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:38 am

Life is good indeed, very cool you can share the sport this way with your wife.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Finally doing the deed   Finally doing the deed Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:44 pm

That's right!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally doing the deed   Finally doing the deed Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally doing the deed
Page 1 of 1