GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Brazil has arrived!!!!

Go down 
+4
bioman
Pete Roper
Bill Hagan
Frederico Pessoa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Frederico Pessoa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frederico Pessoa

Brazil has arrived!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:19 pm

Hello, I´m new here and I have had my GRiSO 1200 8V, for I couple of years now. No official import around here so I managed to get mine purchasing from my wife´s relative who spends a lot of time and money to promote an individual import from US. I truly believe is it´s the only specie in Brazil
The year is 2009, and have little more than 10.00 miles, color is white (was).
I have a Ducati 1200 Multistrada S, 2015 as a daily ride so, the Guzzi is my protected one.
In Brazil is KM/h and my bike displays in Miles, that sucks!

Since I got it, I did the whole thing: Oil, fluids, pads, tire, paint job (another colour), licence plate eliminator, and a Mistral pipe.

My original exhaust recently collapsed (really don't know why) and by a miracle, I didn't burn down the bike since the pipe tip got really incandescent.
Now the bike is waiting for a few parts to be ready to ride again. It´s been 5 months already to organise its rebirth.

A small pic of my bike. And I´m looking fwd to further and discreet modifications/upgrades.

Thank you all![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:10 pm

Very nice.

Haven't seen a blue one like that since I stopped at a Guzzi dealer in Conegliano (TV), Italy, in 2006.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just checked the web; looks as if High Tech Garage isn't around any longer.  Too bad; great owner and shop.

Pete or others will come on soon to welcome -- and warn -- you about "rollerization."

Hope that's been done, but you did not mention it.

Bill

lcjohnny and Frederico Pessoa like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:26 pm

Yes, if it hasn't been done, rollerisation is a must.

The pipe glowing will almost certainly be due to damaged plug caps allowing the spark to earth to the rocker cover. That cuts the spark to the cylinder and and the unburnt mix is pumped into the exhaust where it ignites in the catalytic converter. Replace the caps with NGK SB05E or F caps depending on plug top type. Do not try to ride it again until it is both rollerised and the plug caps are fixed.

Then you need to grease the swingarm bearings and shock linkages. After that a decent map and you'll be good to go.

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:56 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, and congrats with your beautiful blue GRiSO.

Do you know that you can easily change the M/Hr into Km/Hr in the menu of your dash?

Back to top Go down
jack5092
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jack5092

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:12 pm

Lovely blue colour. Congrats and welcome from a Canadian GRiSO owner.

Frederico Pessoa likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:55 am

Welcome Frederico.

Back to top Go down
Frederico Pessoa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frederico Pessoa

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:45 am

Jon G, I will recheck the manual, but as far as could check mph was the only option there, but gonna check it with more attention now, after all is a relevant element to have!
Thank you for the tip! And I keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Frederico Pessoa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frederico Pessoa

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:47 am

jack5092 wrote:
Lovely blue colour. Congrats and welcome from a Canadian GRiSO owner.

The original white was turning yellow, so I decided to apply a stronger colour!
Back to top Go down
Frederico Pessoa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frederico Pessoa

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:04 am

Pete Roper wrote:

The pipe glowing will almost certainly be due to damaged plug caps allowing the spark to earth to the rocker cover. That cuts the spark to the cylinder and the unburnt mix is pumped into the exhaust where it ignites in the catalytic converter. Replace the caps with NGK SB05E or F caps depending on plug top type. Do not try to ride it again until it is both rollerised and the plug caps are fixed.

Then you need to grease the swingarm bearings and shock linkages. After that a decent map and you'll be good to go.

I´m new, here and not very familiar with deep technical terms, "Rollerisation". But it seems you do understand what happened with my GRiSO, I was in the middle of the road, by the shore and the bike (after an intense check-up) started to lose power and was really odd in low revs (later the technician told me one cylinder died). I wasn't a friend who warned me to pull over, the bike probably would be in a very different shape now.
Right now I´m getting the part list below:
- Part Number: 976555 - Injector kit complete - (Qty 2)
- Part Number: 896540 - Min. Regulation engine kit (Qty 1)
- Part Number: 642243 - H. T Cable - (Qty 2) - will be replaced by: ELA03451(Qty2); ELA18135 (Qty2) and ELA00001 (Qty2)

So I have no clue if the specified parts above do fix Rollerisation, If not should I get those NGK SB05E or F? No idea which will be, the E or F, might get both and avoid excuses when the parts finally arrived in Brazil. I just want to get it fixed for good!

Best!!!

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:25 am

Hi Frederico  
can you cancel these parts on order?
Part Number: 976555 - Injector kit complete - (Qty 2) (injectors)
Part Number: 896540 - Min. Regulation engine kit (Qty 1) |(throttle bodies)
?

I think that it is very unlikely that parts 976555 and 896540 will help at all and the two together are very very expensive.

I agree with Peter as to why your exhaust got so hot because mine nearly went the same way.  However I am pretty certain that the single cylinder running will be cured by 1m of normal copper HT lead (like ELA18135), connector ends (ELA00001) will help and 2 of these plug caps NGK SB05 (like ELA03451) -they come in 2 varieties, one to fit spark plugs with just a threaded connector on the top and one to fit spark plugs with the moulded connector on top.

Oh and to get the plug caps off lever them with a long screwdriver through the cooling hole above the exhaust pipe, as pulling the leads can break the caps and give you the same problem again.

Rollerisation is fixing a very serious and common mechanical reliability problem - if it has not been done by previous owners it will need to be done.  To explain see this string [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If (in the future) your bike has intractable throttle synchronisation problems you may need 896540 but please order it later when you know

Hope that helps

Last edited by lcjohnny on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checking all part numbers)

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Frederico! You will find lots of good advice on this forum from people who know everything there is to know about Grisos. Follow their advice and you will have a gem of a bike.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:42 pm

Regarding 'Rollerisation'?

Engines built before early 2012 suffered from a mechanical flaw that meant their camshafts and followers wore out. Early engines had flat tappets which failed. This was eventually cured after the change in 2012 by the use of different cams and roller tappets. Earlier bikes need to be converted to the later system and kits are supplied for this purpose. It is very important that it is done though as all flat tappet motors will fail and may destroy the entire motor whilst doing so.

Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:43 am

Welcome Frederico,
Here are many Guzzisti who knows GRiSO by heart. Search forum to find answers to all of your questions. I own GRiSO 1100. Menu code gor 1100 is 12425. If 1200 has the same code, you can easily change mile/h to km/h. Happy riding.

Back to top Go down
Frederico Pessoa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frederico Pessoa

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:12 pm

bioman wrote:

Do you know that you can easily change the M/Hr into Km/Hr in the menu of your dash?

Hello! I've tried trust me! But either the manual or seeking through the dash I manage to find the solution!
Do you know how to do it? It will be awesome!
Tks
Back to top Go down
Frederico Pessoa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frederico Pessoa

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:21 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

The pipe glowing will almost certainly be due to damaged plug caps allowing the spark to earth to the rocker cover. That cuts the spark to the cylinder and and the unburnt mix is pumped into the exhaust where it ignites in the catalytic converter. Replace the caps with NGK SB05E or F caps depending on plug top type. Do not try to ride it again until it is both rollerised and the plug caps are fixed.

Hello Pete! It's been a wile since last time I came here. Got some trouble with my log in ... long story...

It's been over a year and a half now and my bike demais at the shop.
It was a nightmare getting the rollarization C kit to Brazil and when finally arrived a wrong part was detected and Madelo del Lario's team helped me to replace it.

Now I'm about to get it finally but the map you have recommended still a missing part of the puzzle so now I supposed the remap is also a Must considering the whole set of changes applied to the bike.

So is Beatle the solution ? How do I get it if so...

Ps: still love the bike! 😍
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:51 pm

Bem-vindo de volta. Infelizmente, está longe de ser desconhecido que as peças erradas estejam em um kit. Rolling Eyes

Sim, um mapa da Beetle consertará o abastecimento. Você também precisará comprar cabos para se conectar à bicicleta e ler sobre o uso das ferramentas Guzzidiag que você baixa no seu computador pelo custo de uma doação ao autor.

Os detalhes deste processo estão em um tópico dedicado na seção 'Técnico' do conselho.

I hope Mr. Google made sense of that?

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan and Frederico Pessoa like this post

Back to top Go down
Frederico Pessoa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frederico Pessoa

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:12 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Bem-vindo de volta. Infelizmente, está longe de ser desconhecido que as peças erradas estejam em um kit. Rolling Eyes

Sim, um mapa da Beetle consertará o abastecimento. Você também precisará comprar cabos para se conectar à bicicleta e ler sobre o uso das ferramentas Guzzidiag que você baixa no seu computador pelo custo de uma doação ao autor.

Os detalhes deste processo estão em um tópico dedicado na seção 'Técnico' do conselho.

I hope Mr. Google made sense of that?

Google for sure! Thank you! Much apreciated and as soon as my bike returns an updated photo shall be shared!
Tks again
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:31 pm

Frederico Pessoa wrote:
bioman wrote:

Hello! I've tried trust me! But either the manual or seeking through the dash I manage to find the solution!
Do you know how to do it? It will be awesome!
Tks

Switch ignition on, and then move the position switch on the left handlebar to MODE.

Continue to press the SET button at the front of the same switch block until MENU is displayed. Press and hold the set button until the menu screen is entered and displayed.

Using the same SET button, toggle down until DIAGNOSIS is highlighted, press and hold SET button to enter diagnosis.

You then need to provide the SERVICE CODE (= '12425'). Press the SET button once until the number 1 is displayed, then press and hold the SET button to advance to the next digit. When 12425 is displayed, press and hold the SET button to enter the DIAGNOSIS.

Press the SET button until KM/MILES is selected, and then press and hold to enter.

Each press of the SET button will toggle between km and miles. When the one you want is highlighted, you are done.

Simply move the position switch back to TRIP1 or TRIP2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazil has arrived!!!!   Brazil has arrived!!!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Brazil has arrived!!!!
Page 1 of 1