GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO arrived.

Go down 
+4
Clancy
beetle
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Yippee!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Whoever did it obviously thought the rocker cover needed two earthing tangs! Laughing

Sacred screw has been buggered about with.

Only real damage is this shitfest.

It also looks like the lambda sensor has been disconnected. Didn't look to see if the Toad pipe even has a lambda sensor? It runs like shit and puffs out black smoke which makes me think it may have a 'Throw more fuel at it' map in it. I've pulled the map and sent it to Mark for forensic examination.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Well on a good note, Pete, between yourself and Michael you should be able to get it to within a poofteenth of right! Hasn't got a Kool Aid device has it?

I'll cast my beady eyes over it tomorrow, assuming it's at Michael's?

I'll call you from Tarago on my way down tomorrow and you can let me know where to meet up - assuming Michael's...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:19 pm

Oh, one other thing of interest. The key has a tag on it with the name Hanlon written on it.

If anybody knows of a Queensland GRiSO owner or ex owner called Hanlon could they ask them to get in touch with me.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Found it. Details sent.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:55 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Yippee!

WOOHOO! cheers

Pete Roper wrote:
Sacred screw has been buggered about with.

DOH! Mad
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:

I'll cast my beady eyes over it tomorrow, assuming it's at Michael's?.

I'd drive out today to say g'day to all but I've been down with the flu since friday night.
Covid tested negative but still feeling like crap.

Hope you packed your floaties for the trip Tony, the weather is shit for road trips at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Hmm, yes the weather, SHYTE!
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:04 pm

The long drops down from the highlands will be running like shit creeks.
(did you see what I just did there Smile )

Take it easy on those watery curves.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:34 pm

Had a moment yesterday towing the trailer to Bunged End - left hand curve, downhill, on cruise control, hit a patch of Hydrogen Dioxide, and I was suddenly at Eastern Creek doing drifts - some poo came out - damn traction control and cruise control together. Disabled Traction control and all was good after that - lesson learned.

Lucky I hadn't picked up the Sport or I might have been wearing a Jersey Barrier! That has messy connotations...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:34 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
hit a patch of Hydrogen Dioxide,

You mean Dihydrogen Monoxide.

If there was that much peroxide on the road, I think there'd be more trouble than just wet roads. Shocked

Cool

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:46 pm

Again Mark, you are correct - I didn't think, which was obvious.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:42 pm

Well, we're nearly there.

The *new* pipe arrived this morning, I need to get Craig's 'Half a pretzel' so I can install it and it'll need another toe peg for the brake lever and a front brake lever and it's ready to go to get registered after it's been serviced. It's not the prettiest GRiSO and some bits of it have been monstered, probably by the usual Queensland suspects but at least it's been saved from the knackery.

I've learnt a few interesting little things while going through it too. Dashboard mounting system changed at some point for instance.

odder, JohnA and Xcountry41 like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:03 am

Well Craig's 'Half a pretzel' won't work without modifications.

Good news is that I found a brake lever so the front brakes are now operative!

I also spied the Tenni take off bodywork from Ralf's wreck up on the shelf so I think I'll fling that on with a black front mudguard until I can find something sillier. Probably be the only silver frame Tenni in the world!😂

Oh, and that fucking horrid seat can go too, got a Tenni one with the bodywork! cheers

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:09 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Oh, and that fucking horrid seat can go too, got a Tenni one with the bodywork! cheers

Amen, those side panels remind me of a red assed baboon...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Steak wrote:

Amen, those side panels remind me of a red assed baboon...

Was thinking the same thing. lol
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Lookin good Pete, red suspenders will look good w/that seat. They may stare & point though.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:31 pm

Went and dug out the Tenni bodywork today. It was in a box on the top shelf in Michael's workshop. Got it down and yes, surprise surprise! It was infested with zillions of Redback spiders which are very venomous! How we laughed! I thought my undies would never dry!

Spiders also take a lot of killing if you can't whack them. Unlike insects which breathe through spiracles in their exoskeleton or external tissues spiders have 'Book Lungs' which aren't nearly as susceptible to poisons! I dumped a can and a half of 'Mortein' into the tank and the little fuckers were still running out!

I've left it outside and hopefully tonight's frost will make them piss off. Otherwise I'll steam clean the buggery out of the little bastards.

Arse!

Anyway we're off to Tasmania on Saturday. The tank can sit in the workshop for two weeks and if they're still around I'll deal with them then!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:09 am

Tee Hee, only little redbacks. I was bitten by one once - was crook for a few days, I was working for a doctor at the time he he said I would be OK in a few days. Turns out he was right. well, hang on, they may explain some other shit!

They make nice toys...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:11 pm

Now we're beginning to get somewhere!

When I take it round to the other workshop to do the shock linkage, swingarm bearings etc. Michael is going to loose the plot completely! Not only is it missing drain hoses but it's dotted with incorrect fasteners and lots of things like top-hat bushes are absent. That sort of thing really kicks off his OCD, he'll be rocking autistically and gibbering within minutes of setting eyes on it!  Laughing

Now I recon I need to find a CF front guard for it as the black one doesn't look right.

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:22 am

The Tenni green ones are the fastest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New GRiSO arrived. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO arrived.   New GRiSO arrived. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO arrived.
Page 1 of 1