GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

shock replacement query

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
Pawel Spoon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

shock replacement query - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock replacement query   shock replacement query - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:25 pm

Clancy wrote:
lcjohnny wrote:
Drop the shock absorber in from the left.
Then loosely mount it by the top bolt,

Attach the triangle plate with 3 bearings to the shock absorber then the swing arm and torque those bolts up.

Then lastly swing the forked link back to line up with its hole in the triangle plate, use a jack to lift the swing arm until the holes line up. Then torque up that bolt and the shock absorber top bolt

This is EXACTLY how I do it...just for the benefit of anyone planning to do this in the future...

yes i believe that it works. the problem was in the end that i wanted to grease the swingarm bearings, that started the trouble
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: shock replacement query   shock replacement query - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:39 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

It has been mentioned both here and elsewhere, several times, that removal of the swingarm is best achieved by first removing the bevelbox. The cardan shaft is held onto the gearbox output shaft by a circlip.

Hi Pete,
I am in a forum for a mobile operating system. the system exists since 10 year, I am in the forum since 7 years.
whenever a new guy joins, he asks the same questions, then we politely tell him to use search as it was answered a million times.
sometimes the answer is : oops sorry, some times : i've tried and failed to find it.
The good thing there is: worst case is: you brick your phone.

Your are completely correct, I've screwed up, I should have stopped when I was not able to put it back together without forcing it.
I did suspect that the new shock was the reason for it, that it was a bit longer or something.

Cheers
P

Your throttle body balancing video is great btw. thank you a lot for that !

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: shock replacement query   shock replacement query - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:27 am

this one is nice: found it by chance

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: shock replacement query   shock replacement query - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:12 am

Hi Pete,
i thought about it a lot. I did actually had the thread that describes it, i did follow it, till step 4 or 5 saying remove bevel gear box. and not beeing native i thought it talks about the real gear box, well and then i just did stop to follow the recipe and ended up where i did end up.
lessons learned: read the whole recipe before you start, not just while you are doing it.

yup the seal got malformed by the kardan, had to bend it back, but it is seems tight.
regarding swing arm: yes one should not do it.
i did use belts, there was force on it, still hope that compared with the force of two people on bike at 140 and shock bottomed it was in say 'greenish' range

speedo was a cable issue

now i need to check why bike started to refuse starting when engine cold. seems like started during the shock incident but cant image how that should correlate.
lets read the errors

cheers
P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shock replacement query   shock replacement query - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

shock replacement query
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2