GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Torque Wrench

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Gents,
As we have alot of nuts and bolts holding together our noble steeds what is a good 1/2" square drive torque wrench that covers all the different torque settings for our bikes. I currently use a warren and brown deflection style torque wrench which does not cover the lower range's and settings that is required.
Your thoughts please gentlemen.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:22 pm

Some of the lower ones Al, are simply by hand, especially around the 10 mark. Torque wrenches can be a pain in the proverbial!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:13 pm

Yup. What he said. Also if you are going to be using them on small fasteners don't use a cro-magnon 1/2 inch drive! Get a 1/4 drive one more suitable to the task.
Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:20 pm

Regardless of brand you end up with, may be helpful to put drive end in vice and calibrate your arm and hand to the book values you're looking at applying. Sometimes you will be surprised at how little force it takes. Could give you more input if we knew your occupation.
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:41 pm

Fitter turner
Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:56 am

Some of my more cost effective purchases were snap on from ebay, but I'm currently over here where there is plenty of supply. Something small in inch pounds with a dial works for me. Obviously you won't have a problem with usage, but I asked as I've had airplane engines come in for overhaul where the owner had been doing his own maintenance. Computer types tend to leave things less than snug, where as dismantling something behind a plumber or builder would often lead to broken studs. Just my experience.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:24 am

And then there's "farmer tight". One of my old partners believed that combination wrenches were designed to put a box end over an open end for increased force. A mechanic, he's not.
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:09 pm

Or there is always HD tight tighten it until it strip's then back it off half a turn

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torque Wrench  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torque Wrench    Torque Wrench  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Torque Wrench
Page 1 of 1