GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Shock brands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:41 am

I’ve heard that Hyperpro, Matris and Wilbur’s shocks are reasonable quality.

Has anyone heard of YSS or Nitron, are they any good?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:47 am

For those that may be interested….
I’ve done some research today and spoke with supplier of YSS and Nitron. Turns out a hydraulic pre-load adjuster can’t be fitted to them so I’ve now narrowed it down to Wilber’s or Hyperpro. I want hydraulic due to occasionally carrying a pillion and we all know how much much of a PITA it is adjusting preload.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:48 am

I'd suggest the Wilburs in that case simply because they are a more *Known* quantity than the YSS.

I seriously considered the Nitron option before I, conservatively, opted for the Hyperpro for the #2 bike. If you're feeling experimental? Go the Nitron.

Bear in mind my first caution in my PM though. It is unlikely to be *Right* straight out of the box, unless you are very lucky.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:01 pm

Thanks Pete, I’ve been reading up and  I think it seems that its better to understate one’s weight (who knows I may suddenly get skinny) so they don’t put too heavy a spring. I’ve spent the day playing with settings on the stock suspension and got it about as good as I can. I hope new shock doesn’t take too long cos I’m going to fit when I do bearings of swingarm etc.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:55 pm

I fitted a Nitron on the rear earlier this year. Picked it up as gently used, looks and acts new. Previously on a Norge and it came with hydraulic preload adjustment. I did have to fab up a bracket to mount the remote reservoir and preload adjuster. I think, since I'm a fat ass old guy, that the spring that came with works well. Seems to balance out with the forks much better. Overall I'm satisfied with the performance.

I'm not sure why Nitron is telling you no hydraulic preload adjustment.

Andrewpatrol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:22 pm

Thanks Ratso, if you can would you take a picture of your bracket please.
Maybe the Nitron option for a GRiSO doesn’t let them select an adjuster. Supermarket mentality.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:30 am

Ordered the Wilber’s @110kg rider weight even though I’m prob more like 120. With hydraulic preload. Just over 2k . Ouch. Forks I hope to get done for 5 or 6 hundred. Question Question should make up for it.
Watch this space, when it comes I’ll be doing the swingarm and linkage grease.
I’ll be lookin the relevant threads before I start but I don’t think I’ll get in too much trouble. Embarassed
Only need to devise a way to tighten the swingarm pivot bolts without the special tools.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:41 am

For the forks, if you keep the original valves, your costs will be shims & oil. Very cheap

There are a number of threads on re- valving the front end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shock brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock brands   Shock brands Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shock brands
Page 1 of 1