GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Forum issues

Go down 
+20
rick pope
Richard
Bill Hagan
kindoy2
kidsmoke
Nobleswood
sideshowbob
GuzziSteve
OldMojo
Florida lime
Pete Roper
Pawel Spoon
Chris W
Kel
Speedfrog
Clancy
lcjohnny
bioman
Street
beetle
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Forum issues  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:28 pm

beetle wrote:

No, that information is private.

So, how might one contribute to ensure that "Private's" red wine, bourbon, and beer collection doesn't run dry?

Oops, I mean contribute to Private's general fund somehow?

Grazie,

Bill

moby and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:03 pm

Bill, it's simples. Pete (Street) gets the admin password via begging, grovelling, etc, or if it comes to that, via some sort of cash settlement (which I would expect all Ghetto members to contribute to). He then sets about administering..er.. administrating the Ghetto, and members once again contribute to release the Ghetto of ads, plus allowing continued image hosting, and thence to renewal of the domain name in 12 months.

FYI, the Forumotion server owners have a credit system (1 credit = $x), so that image hosting and freedom from ads is assured.

Like I said. Simples.

..oh, if you think I had something to do with it? Not guilty, counsellor...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Forum issues  - Page 3 85965210
In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan, moby, Pawel Spoon and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:21 am

I still view you and some others as unindicted co-conspirators. cheers

Seriously, will await invoice down the road. Very grateful to those of you who have a clue about such things; I can't even figure out how to connect my printer to this laptop. scratch

Bill

lcjohnny, kindoy2 and SemperVee1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:54 pm

I made a little headway today. Received a reply from Forumotion Admin. saying that as the founder (Steak) has not been gone six months yet, they won't process my request. Okay, I'll get back in touch with them in a few weeks. Ironically, Steve died on Sept. 11 and six months will fall on the day after his birthday, March 10. There's a list of other documentation I need to provide and I'll start pulling that stuff together in the meantime. As that date approaches, I'll be asking you all for your support in taking over the role. Thank goodness, the domain has been secured for now and I'm relieved that I finally have contact with the forum host.

Stay tuned.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Forum issues  - Page 3 Signat16

WWW.REIQUAM.COM      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

MrBob, beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Nobleswood, Speedfrog and like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:27 am

That is really great! Very good news! Thank you for your diligence and attention to keeping this valuable forum in existence . I was really sad to think that it was gone. Thanks again.

Last edited by kindoy2 on Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill Hagan and SemperVee1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:12 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:49 pm

I'd be honored to chip in to keep Steak's memory alive. Just let us know where to send the check, and how much.

Bill Hagan and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:03 pm

I am in the process of supplying the Forumotion hosts with the documentation they need to transfer the forum to me - fingers and toes crossed. My plan is also to include my son, Shepard as an additional administrator so there's at least a backup in case I croak unexpectedly. In due time, we can discuss whether there should be more of a leadership group once things are put in place.

I hope to be able to report some good news soon. I appreciate all of you who have voiced support and I will do my best to make Steve proud. I know I will fumble around plenty, but bear with me. This forum is too important to all of us to let it slip away.

By the way, today would have been Steve's 58th birthday. Let's all raise a glass to our founder and our brother. To Steak! Salud!

Pete (Street)

beetle, JohnA, lcjohnny, Clancy, Nobleswood, Speedfrog and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:11 pm

That is Awesome Street....Thank you so much I wish you all the best luck, I am sure you will do your best!

Salud to Steak!!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:22 pm

Thanks Street.
And Salud Steak
From Oaxaca
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:34 pm

To Steak and Street!
Skål!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:41 pm

Salud Steak!

..and to Pete, cheers!

Forum issues  - Page 3 85965210
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:47 pm

a belated Cheers from NC!
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:29 pm

To Steak!! Salute!
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:15 am

I raise my glass to Steak. Proost!!
Back to top Go down
Nicollini
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Nicollini

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:34 pm

Just catching up on this thread and see there is a future for the Ghetto, thanks Street for all your hard work and patience on this. I know these things can be tedious, but it will be worth it in the end.

Street, when you do finally take over full control, will you be able to grant access to the pinned threads for: Rollerization, fluids, maintenance schedule, etc..."
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:57 am

Also Pete,

Among all your herculean efforts, were you able to find out what the deal was with the domain name?
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:51 am

domainname should be the smallest problem, assuming that once it runs out, nobody else (outside of this forum) requests it.
you can easily buy it as an new owner and link it with the forum.

Last edited by Pawel Spoon on Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:28 pm

All's well now, the forum and domain name are secure.

Pete (Street)

lcjohnny, Nobleswood and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:48 pm

YEAH cheers !! Good work.! ..Grazie Mille!!
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:25 pm

You da MAN Pete ! ! !
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:41 am

Good Job Pete, I knew you could do it!!!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:54 pm

Thanks guys, but I couldn't have done this without everyone's support and especially Beetle's help.

Pete (Street)

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:08 am

Is there now a new secure location to be able to make a donation to keep the forum
running?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Forum issues
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3