GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Two quick questions...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

Two quick questions... Empty
PostSubject: Two quick questions...   Two quick questions... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:39 pm

Hi everyone,

- Once that this engine has a forced lubrication (not splash lubrication), even if you run with the oil level a bit low the engine should not be compromised as long as the low oil pressure warning light doesn't come on - is this assumption right?

- I changed my "inner" plugs a couple of months ago. By the time I have tightened them according to the instructions on the box (+1/2 turn after contact of the washer?...I don't remember so well anymore...). Do I need to re-tighten them again? I'm affraid they can get loose and burn the thread...

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Two quick questions...   Two quick questions... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:27 pm

Matias wrote:
Hi everyone,

- Once that this engine has a forced lubrication (not splash lubrication), even if you run with the oil level a bit low the engine should not be compromised as long as the low oil pressure warning light doesn't come on - is this assumption right?

Thanks guys

Yes Matias the engine has a pressure (forced) lubrication system to the crank bearings, cylinder heads and cylinder walls.

The gearbox has a separate lubrication system and that is by "splash"
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Two quick questions...   Two quick questions... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:15 pm

Yes, double check the inner plugs, not much torque on them like 11ftlbs but make sure there's no junk in the well. I have seen lots of collection & loose plugs also. Doesn't hurt to look after your bike.
Sounds like you are happy with it. Motor ought to be OK w/bottom line on stick but not when light comes on, then it's too late.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Two quick questions...   Two quick questions... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:52 pm

Matias
there are workshop manuals on the site to download from the "Ex Libris" folder -
When you go in there you will need to get permission to access the file on google drive
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Two quick questions...   Two quick questions... Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:25 am

Thanks for your inputs guys.
Johnny, I have the manuals but I don't find answers to these questions there. That's why this forum is so valuable.
Have a great day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two quick questions...   Two quick questions... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Two quick questions...
Page 1 of 1