GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

"quick disconnect" my ass

Go down 
+3
JohnA
beetle
chrismfelt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chrismfelt
Carlotto
Carlotto
chrismfelt

"quick disconnect" my ass Empty
PostSubject: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:11 am

Whoever decided this thing was a good idea can fuck themselves. It got to the point where the plastic ring was destroyed and the only way I could disconnect my fuel line was by cutting the fucking thing. Now I need to order a new line or find a way to reconnect the two together again later on, but again... FUUUUUUCK this specific line.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:23 pm

There is an easier way to do it, but you took a more difficult way, and that horse has bolted.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:28 pm

Chris,
Everyone seems to struggle with that one and there are threads about it. In fact one last week where someone here presented a tool you can get on Amazon that’s made to pry it apart. There’s even a YouTube video (Guzzi quick disconnect fitting) about how to do it. But like Beetle said……..that ship has sailed….
I’d recommend in the future if you are struggling, reach out first. Probably you can splice that line back together or someone here will recommend something better.

Bill Hagan and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:16 pm

I never had much luck with the disconnect "pliers," but I fitted one of these to GRiSO and Norge:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sure takes the blue out of the air!

Bill

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
chrismfelt
Carlotto
Carlotto
chrismfelt

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:24 pm

Thank you Bill for the suggestion, and yes to everyone else, I accepted my foolishness. I had been at that fitting for an hour, my fingers were numb, I was trying to balance the tank (with nearly 3/4 tank of gas, big mistake) by myself while trying to get her it undone and by the hour and a half mark I was exhausted and annoyed. I'll probably regret it later, but for the time being, I'm just focused on cleaning out the insides where I can, it's a horrible mess and the throttle bodies are filthy.

Currently trying to figure out how to get the throttle cable off the butterfly valve, I'm not very good at searching the forums on here, I'm not mechanically inclined so this whole thing is a learning process

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:43 pm

JohnA wrote:
Chris,
Everyone seems to struggle with that one and there are threads about it. In fact one last week where someone here presented a tool you can get on Amazon that’s made to pry it apart. There’s even a YouTube video (Guzzi quick disconnect fitting) about how to do it. But like Beetle said……..that ship has sailed….
I’d recommend in the future if you are struggling, reach out first. Probably you can splice that line back together or someone here will recommend something better.

Here's the link I had posted for Matias earlier this week...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since you're likely to have to do this again in the future, unless you buy the premium disconnect that Bill shared, it's helpful to have the green one handy...just for grins, read Matias thread about throttle body cleaning/removal.  
Best of luck on the repairs...it will be satisfying once done!

An easy gas siphon tube with the shaker ball end will make siphoning a piece of cake...and give you much needed relief on the balancing act!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:27 pm

If your tank is filthy and full of water, (It probably is.) it will be because the gutter drain from the filler cap will be blocked with calcified crap so water will of spilt into the tank through the filler.

If you haven't done so already, empty the tank completely, (If you're going to paint it this will have to be done anyway.) and then remove the pump from the bottom. We'll come back to the pump assembly later.

There are two nipples at the bottom of the tank next to the pump plate on the 1100's. They should both tave drain hoses on but probably don't. I think the one on the left is the gutter drain. You can usually clean it out with a small drill bit, spinning it with your fingers, not a drill, and then using a bit of piano wire or similar to poke the crud out of it. Blowing compressed air through from the top will let you know when it's unblocked and soaking it by squirting some vinegar down it will help unblock it.

With the fuel pipe? If you carefully remove the two injector fittings you can re-use them with standard EFI fuel line and a brass 'T' piece. The 'Quick disconnect' is sold as a separate part, just not for GRiSO, so you can buy one of those. Just lube it with a bit of silicone grease before you put it on. That seems to help.

I'll come back to you on the fuel pump assembly as there are a couple of things you need to know about that as well that might save you more heartache. Gimme a day or two though, I'm on holiday in New Zealand at the moment, (Although it's pouring with rain damn it!) so I've got other stuff on my mind. Nag me if I forget you........ Laughing

Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:31 am

chrismfelt wrote:

Currently trying to figure out how to get the throttle cable off the butterfly valve, I'm not very good at searching the forums on here, I'm not mechanically inclined so this whole thing is a learning process

If you still have not figured out how to get the throotle cable out, here's how to do it:
- The conduits are fastened with one nut each to the bracket close to the left TB. Unfasten the 2 nuts completely.
- Identify/mark the conduits, so that you assemble them back in the same position
- Pull back the conduit (that pulls when you open the gas) from the hole on the bracket and pull the cable through the gap on the bracket hole. If you are not able to pull the threaded tip of the conduit all the way out of the hole, try giving the cable some slack on the ajuster on the throotle grip. You will have to adjust the cable play in the end, in this case. The cable should have as less play as possible, but there should be no acceleration when you turn the steering from one bump stop to the other.
- Remove the cable terminal from the fitting on the TB pulley (there's a gap there too, to pull the cable out
- Do the same for the other conduit/cable.
- Follow the steps in inverse order for assembly.

I hope it is clear, and I didn't miss something.....
Back to top Go down
chrismfelt
Carlotto
Carlotto
chrismfelt

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:21 am

What is this and why is it disconnected... There's gunk all over the place. Also where is this mysterious stepper motor everyone talks about?
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:29 am

That black plastic box is part of the Blow-by system (exploded view below). The engine breather hoses are connected to that box (that should collect oil and make it return to the engine), and from that box to the airbox. If you add to much oil to the engine (above 1/2 from min-max), the engine will blow to much oil there (and also to the airbox). Mine had some gunk there too (see pict), and my hoses were connected.
The stepper motor is on the TB block (marked red

80CX100 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "quick disconnect" my ass   "quick disconnect" my ass Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

"quick disconnect" my ass
Page 1 of 1