GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO in the Tropics

Go down 
+6
BruPo
BowraBoy
Street
Clancy
Pete Roper
GGuzzi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GGuzzi
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GGuzzi

GRiSO in the Tropics Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:10 pm

Hello from PORT DOUGLAS in Far North Queensland.
I had my eye on a GRiSO in Brisbane that needed Rollerisation and I joined this forum to get an understanding of what was required.
As you can imagine it didn't take long before I found Pete Roper.  
All I can say is there are insufficient double superlatives to fully express my gratitude and appreciation to a most incredible bloke who not only took the bike in and put it on the bench over the Christmas New Year period doing all the essentials including the Beetle Map but also sorted bike transport with one of his many Guzzi friends who brought the bike up to Townsville so I only had to fly down and do a 500km ride home the day before the rains set in.
Big Ups to Moto Moda, Pete, Michael and Peter for getting the show on the road.
I'm looking forward to visiting, meeting you guys and having a couple of cold beers down in Bungendore in the not to distant future.
The bike is just bloody awesome.

Gerhard[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beetle, cosmo, Bill Hagan, JohnA, lcjohnny, Clancy, moby and like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:13 am

Nice to see you here Gerhard. Actually, it may be that I'll be riding up to Townsville reasonably soon as Peter is whining that nobody visits him and Kerry, (The fact he's been retired for years and I haven't might have something to do with that! Rolling Eyes).

Anyway Gerhart's bike was really low mileage, only 11,000 or so so although the tappets had discoloured they hadn't lost any serious DLC. So it was a simple rollerisation, sump spacer gasket and shock linkage/swingarm bearing grease and a remap.

Hopefully it will give years of fun. the forks got seen to by Laurie at the same time. To be honest I think the only thing it needs is a decent shock on the back.

Mind you our other Townsville friends, Greg and Yat are turning up here to tomorrow, Greg is another mad as cheese Guzzista with a small stable of Guzzis, including my mate Dave's old GRiSO, (The orange one.) he manages to round up just about everyone on his bike and it's suspension is stock! scratch Didn't work for me but Greg isn't nearly as fat as me. Yat is Thai and a demon cook! I just hope I don't show us up with my limited skills!

beetle, Bill Hagan and GGuzzi like this post

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:58 pm

Party at Pete's place!  Laughing

Oh, and Gerhard, I do like the white ones Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:54 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Gerhard!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:21 pm

Welcome aboard Gerhard!
Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:08 pm

Cheers, Gerhard - Happy Trails!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:29 am

Nice bike and incredibly low mileage - this must be a keeper for a long, long time. Don´t get nervous concerning suspension, the fully adjustable stock parts are quite capable, at least with a rider at 80 kg naked weight.

Welcome to the forum from the opposite side of the globe!
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:43 am

Welcome, nice G, I'm partial to white bikes.
Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:07 am

Beautiful GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:59 pm

Congrats with your beautiful white bike and welcome to the Ghetto!

Back to top Go down
GGuzzi
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GGuzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:47 pm

Hey,  thanks for my warm welcome.

Over the past ten days we've had about 300mm or 12" of rain fall.
I'll be clocking up a few kms once it clears.

All the best
Gerhard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO in the Tropics   GRiSO in the Tropics Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO in the Tropics
Page 1 of 1