GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tank Bag Options

Go down 
+14
Chris W
kidsmoke
Street
beetle
Bill Hagan
GhostBullet
Nobleswood
Richard
whitmire
rick pope
Grisodude
Pete Roper
Speedfrog
Carsonkent
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Carsonkent
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 8:11 pm

I'm planning a weeklong trip this summer, and am looking at tankbag options. The GRiSO has a beautiful fuel cap and surrounding circular frame, but it makes me think that any old universal tankbag/mount system may not be compatible.

Which tankbags have fellow GRiSO owners fitted and used? I'm in the US, so North American manufacturer would be ideal but not a requirement.

Thank you!

Carsonkent
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 8:36 pm

Onur is a member here and makes a mounting ring for Givi tankbags adapted to the GRiSO.
Check him out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can contact him here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

beetle and Bill Hagan like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 9:57 pm

Yup, cant recommend his tank rings highly enough. Which reminds me, I should buy one for Red Bike.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 3:22 am

Yep another thumbs up for Okuraner's products.

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 4:35 am

I too, use an Onur tank ring and Givi bag. Love it!!!

Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 7:20 am

I have one of his earlier adapter rings which is made from aluminum,they are now made from delrin plastic I think,either way very nice,handy pieces to have & use.He also makes a great set of handlebar riser spacers for GRiSO.Excellent parts,fast shipping.

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 8:39 am

Use it and I recommend cheers

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 1:34 pm

The Onur ring I bought from him last year was a nicely machined aluminium version

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:27 am

I really like the tank ring and a givi bag, and like said, does not detract the original look of the tank cap. Which i reckon is a real element of awesomeness.

Bill Hagan, kidsmoke, Richard and Carsonkent like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 6:07 pm

I'll pile on.

Aside from dealing with a known source who is a member here, Onur is a first-class gentleman.

I got back last night from a c.1400-mile roundtrip to Kentucky on my V7 III.  Yesterday's "smell the barn" run was 390 miles.  Unfortunately, my butt is rated at just 250 miles.   Shocked

Anyway, I head back to Kentucky on Thursday for another Mutton Run.  The GRiSO will get the nod this time.  Aside from the obvious "more fun" factor and more comfortable ride, the Givi tank bag with Onur's ring is way more functional and no PITA like the little magnetic one on the V7.

By now, I think the OP may agree that the polls could close on this issue without any changes in the election result.   cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 6:21 pm

I'll throw my 2 penneth in. Onur's ring is excellent, looks good, and doesn't cost bulk $.

Gratuitous pic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan, GhostBullet and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 11:03 pm

I'm a fan too!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Bill Hagan and GhostBullet like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed May 24, 2023 7:04 am

Me too  cheers

Bill Hagan and Holger like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2023 7:16 am

Fully agree that the Onur ring and a Givi/Motech seems a premium solution.

HOWEVER, if you're looking to get out there with some capacity for a bit (a lot) less dosh...I have 2 OEM GRiSO tank bags. Happy to part with one. Expands. Guzzi logo. You mount a padded base with gas cap access and zip the bag to it.

PM me if interested.

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2023 5:06 pm

I do not have a tank bag and am not sure if I am a fan of them since they block the gas cap.
I typically sit on the bike when I re-fuel to keep it upright and get the max fuel in it.
For the many of you that really like them, how big of a pain in the ass is re-fueling and what in your opinion is the biggest benefit of having one when a tail bag can be used?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 pm

I first used a (borrowed) tank bag back in about 1976. I've had one on every bike since then other than the BMW R1150RT.

My normal gas fill goes: stop at pump, trip lever under bag to release it from the ring, flip bag onto it's front end so it rests against the instruments. Now my key is in plain sight to grab and open cap. Reverse when filled. Bag snaps back in place with just a little wiggle.

Can a tail pack do the same thing? Of course. But, I can access everything in that tank bag without getting off the bike. Plus, if need be, I can still throw on the tail pack for more capacity.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 5:46 am

Agree with Rick. I have a Corbin seat and it’s hard to keep a tail bag fixed to it. Was much easier with the stock seat. The tank bag is easy to take off when gassing up.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 6:00 am

Ahh - since I have no experience with them, I had no idea that they are hinged and just flip up & out of the way.
I thought you had to remove them altogether to access the filler cap

thanks!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 6:07 am

Chris,
What Rick was saying was that you flip the entire bag forward.
I take mine off and sit it on the gas pump while filling up. I don’t have to get off the bike unless I want to.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:50 am

I use SW Motech EVO, also a system with a tank ring.

Same idea as Givi but maybe better quality.

Last edited by janguzzi on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:47 am

Another vote for the Givi Ring/Tankbag...easy release means it snaps on / off very easily.  Hard to beat for convenience...I just flip it back and forth between the GRiSO and the Norge, both have tank bag rings.

GhostBullet and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:51 am

Hello, I also have the GIVI system with the tank ring from Onur.
It is, for me, the most aesthetically pleasing version. Very classy and valuable and I like the system much more than the one from SW Motech. I had sold that one quickly before.

The GIVI system is better in terms of stability because the contact surface on the opposite side of the tank bag is much larger.
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:55 am

I wanted all the luggage parts to be made of the same material and to look the same. So I converted a Moto Guzzi tail bag into a tank bag. The GIVI counter plate can be bought separately. This way I have my original Moto Guzzi side pockets of the GRiSO with the tank bag optically the same and the tank bag has a great volume and is adjustable depending on the luggage.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Richard likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank Bag Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Options   Tank Bag Options Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tank Bag Options
Page 1 of 1