GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Looks like there are some new C-Bow options

Go down 
+3
Papa Lazarou
Pete Roper
Steak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Empty
PostSubject: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Orbit: Waterproof hard shell cases - I'd be interested to try these out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Legacy: Kind of a retro, cool option - These would look great on a Tenni.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:58 am

I've always preferred 'Hard' luggage and one of the things that put me off the C-bow system was the fact they were sort of *Soft*. As it stands I've got the factory bags for my GRiSO and for anything other than weekenders in future I'll probably be taking my 'Fat GRiSO' as it's got enough luggage space to carry half a house.

The hard shell bags look good. The canvas things? Bleargh! Who buys this shit? :vomit:

Pete
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:22 am

the Orbit bags are still only 22L, much the same as the Royster bags I have fitted (which crash tested very well).

My main gripe with the C bow system is the mounting bolts appear to be made of glass and can shear. Otherwise, a neat system. I'll be using a cheap waterproof roll bag to add to them for trips. Probably something like a Lomo.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:53 pm

I bought the soft bags based on style with a bit of practicality. Not sure if they are 22L normal or 22L with expanding zips opened, but it seems all options run to 22L - so that must be the point at which style starts to go down at the cost of practicality !.

Previous experience was with a BMW R850R with tons of hard panniers & fixed top box capacity but hard to carry panniers far. Now I think softbags are much easier to carry around using cross strap as a shoulder strap - sort of cowboy style - and just have to stop carrying as much stuff around.

PS I use the C-bow mountings to lift/move back end of bike around garage & haven't experienced glass bolts yet !

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:46 pm

I think the main reason for the 22-23L ceiling on the C-Bow bags is due to the petite-ness of the mounts themselves. Everything has it's trade offs...

But as Pete pointed out, since getting the Orange Blossom Special, I've not taken the GRiSO camping nor extended touring.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Would be great to see them on a GRiSO (sadly photoshop not my thing). I'm thinking they look a bit like electric drill cases but need to see them for real and on a guzzi to compare.....and they cost €330 plus P&P :-).[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Presume typical luggage for 22L panniers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:51 pm

I've been happy with these for my GRiSO, easy on / off, no extra rack but only somewhat secure.

Not pretty but works great and only takes me 3 minutes to attach the straps to the passenger pegs.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:59 pm

paulbrice wrote:
Presume typical luggage for 22L panniers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What's this food shit? 2 x 6 packs of beer will fit in there, 2 more on the other side, and a bag of ice in the tank bag.

Really though, if you were serious, you would create a decent beer carrying solution, like mine, that carries 2 slabs. Then, and only then, can you put in steaks and cheese for the feed you cook up while out camping.
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:01 am

GRiSO Touring version. C-bow with krauser softbags and Topbag.
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:04 am

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:09 am

I replaced all the bolts that came with my CBows, with good quality stainless items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like there are some new C-Bow options   Looks like there are some new C-Bow options Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Looks like there are some new C-Bow options
Page 1 of 1