GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Cafe Racer

Go down 
+21
Blue
little750
Andy in NZ
tocino
The Saint
damoru
LBC Tenni
Oz1200Guzzi
Guzzi Cat
beetle
Pete Roper
motomonster
DungeonMaster
keenerkeen07
plantboy
Steak
Street
Grisonut
Enzo the baker
bikesnbones
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:21 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Sorry Wayne. I promised to pull my neck in but sometimes.... Well, just fuck!

I'll try to ignore this shit from now on.

Pete

Yeah, me too.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:07 am

little750 wrote:
+1 on what Ghezzi says.

+7 on that.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 am

Motorcycle!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Tops! cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Bluesun9 wrote:
little750 wrote:
+1 on what Ghezzi says.

+7 on that.

+ mee aswell kEENER
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:30 pm

tocino wrote:
Motorcycle!

That's a cool pic.
GRiSO in action. Fuckin' A!!!
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:42 am

ghezzi wrote:
Fuck me BnB, you joined this forum 1 week ago and the majority of your 50 posts have been in disagreement about shit that is not even bike related. If you wanna get political, go join the fucking Nazi party or something, this here is about Guzzi's, and predominately one specific model of Guzzi, El GRiSO.

Please, no more Harley shit, and definitely no more political crap!

Actually, it wasn't me who started with the political analysis.
Go back over the thread and have a look.
Mr. Roper decided to bring in his misguided and naive social and political analysis into it.
Something you conveniently decided to ignore, which is predictable I guess.

Laughing

My reference to a Harley was in a thread entitles "Guzzi Alternatives"

In other words, a thread discussing bike other than Guzzi's. so I'm sorry but what the fuck is the problem about mentioning a bike I was considering as well as the GRiSO.
That was the whole point of the fucking thread.
Jeez, not the sharpest tool
Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:15 am

Get over it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Actually the thread I started was titled; "NOT a Guzzi alternative". By extrapolation nothing else can be considered a viable alternative to a Guzzi. (said tongue in cheek) Least of all a bloody hardly rideable.
Come on, we are all one eyed here, are we not? And most suffer from HOIGOF syndrome. Highly Opinionated, Intolerant, Grumpy Old Fart. I know I do.

Some grumpy old farts here have earned a lot of cred and respect for their services to the wider global Guzzi community, and as such if they occasionally display their HOIGOF symptoms, we don't get offended, and we don't care. But I would respectfully suggest as the new kid on the block, take it easy for awhile and try not to push too many red buttons.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:26 am

ghezzi wrote:
Get over it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Actually the thread I started was titled; "NOT a Guzzi alternative". By extrapolation nothing else can be considered a viable alternative to a Guzzi. (said tongue in cheek) Least of all a bloody hardly rideable.
Come on, we are all one eyed here, are we not? And most suffer from HOIGOF syndrome. Highly Opinionated, Intolerant, Grumpy Old Fart. I know I do.

Some grumpy old farts here have earned a lot of cred and respect for their services to the wider global Guzzi community, and as such if they occasionally display their HOIGOF symptoms, we don't get offended, and we don't care. But I would respectfully suggest as the new kid on the block, take it easy for awhile and try not to push too many red buttons.

Cheers.

I see.
So I'm the new kid in class, and so should not express an opinion.
Well that's as may be, but as a motorcyclist, I am as experienced as most if not all here and I certainly don't bow down before bullies.
Neither should anyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:31 am

GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer,
GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, ,
GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer, GRiSO cafe' racer,
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:33 am

That white GRiSO is gonna' need a new side stand mount before the end of the day. I never had mine over quite that far. Great picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:49 am

bikesnbones wrote:
Hi, my name is bikesnbones and I'm a H.O.I.G.O.F.

Good morning bikesnbones, welcome to the Highly Opinionated, Intolerant, Grumpy Old Farts Assoc.
We, of the International H.O.I.G.O.F. Assoc. do solemnly swear to assist you in every way possible to overcome this retched affliction.
But you must also agree to follow our nine point plan.
1. You must own and lovingly cherish a GRiSO, or any other Guzzi will do.
2. You must put shit on every other motorcycle not born in Mandello.
3. You must put shit on all and every owner/rider of such crap not born of Mandello.
4. You must drink copious amounts of alcohol, it helps to ease the pain.
5. Each evening just before sunset you must kneel on your red white & green prayer mat, facing Mandello and while bowing say three times. "Viva il GRiSO".
6. You must attend a Cabal at least once every calendar year. This is to;
a). Prove you own and lovingly cherish a GRiSO, or any other Guzzi.
b). To be seen and heard publicly putting shit on every other motorcycle and its owner/rider.
c). To drink copious amounts of alcohol in the presence of the H.O.I.G.O.F brotherhood.

If you bikesnbones, do not agree to these conditions, we of the "brotherhood" shall collectively and simultaneously, fart in your general direction. jocolor
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:05 am

ghezzi wrote:
bikesnbones wrote:
Hi, my name is bikesnbones and I'm a H.O.I.G.O.F.

Good morning bikesnbones, welcome to the Highly Opinionated, Intolerant, Grumpy Old Farts Assoc.
We, of the International H.O.I.G.O.F. Assoc. do solemnly swear to assist you in every way possible to overcome this retched affliction.
But you must also agree to follow our nine point plan.
1. You must own and lovingly cherish a GRiSO, or any other Guzzi will do.
2. You must put shit on every other motorcycle not born in Mandello.
3. You must put shit on all and every owner/rider of such crap not born of Mandello.
4. You must drink copious amounts of alcohol, it helps to ease the pain.
5. Each evening just before sunset you must kneel on your red white & green prayer mat, facing Mandello and while bowing say three times. "Viva il GRiSO".
6. You must attend a Cabal at least once every calendar year. This is to;
a). Prove you own and lovingly cherish a GRiSO, or any other Guzzi.
b). To be seen and heard publicly putting shit on every other motorcycle and its owner/rider.
c). To drink copious amounts of alcohol in the presence of the H.O.I.G.O.F brotherhood.

If you bikesnbones, do not agree to these conditions, we of the "brotherhood" shall collectively and simultaneously, fart in your general direction. jocolor

You missed out embarking on the ultimate pilgrimage to Mandello to visit the factory, which I'm doing this Sept to coincide with the Guzzi "open house" weekend,
I've just booked my hotel.
Does that qualify me as a Guzzisti ?
Laughing

PS, and yes, I will be going on my GRiSO, which I just got last Friday.

Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:27 pm

Anyone figure out a name for the Harley riders that connect dealers to get a shirt? Guess it's a different take on the 'cafe to cafe' , or they're sourcing the bits to replace the ones that have fallen off.
In the same, it's like visiting a WSBk race in 201x and there's dudes wearing 1977 Assen TT shirts.

Street cred or acceptance, who knows. Group I used to ride with jokingly discussed starting a 'kickstanding' club years ago. Chrome kickstands to gain entry pirat  

I like some of the cafe designs but many seam to lose their usability and are terribly uncomfortable. Don't have the money for a 1 hour machine, mine need to be rideable.

Some blokes go to the pub to talk about how much fish they've caught while other blokes go to the pub to discuss the hair products they use on their beard. Too each their own.

PS- I've seen Dockray's green bike in the flesh, very nice indeed. Dig the RossoPuro Ballagio but side covers would clean it up IMHO. The GRiSO doesn't make for a cafe IMHO. I've had 5 bars on mine from dropped to rise and it's not (for me) comfortable dropped.

Silly thread Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:40 pm

ghezzi wrote:
The answer to the V7 racer. Get a Bellagio and make it a V7 racer replica.

Hey, I resemble that remark. Except I didn't want a V7 Racer replica, I built a Guzzi big block, Tonti framed, light weight, quick turning, fast stopping, orgasmic feeling machine with some retro café style.
Complete with "crass and vulgar" chrome, and I love it.

Hey Ghezzi, that be one cool bike! You gotta have some cred for putting that machine together Thumbs Up just to your liking, thats the way to do it and Fl@k if it only had a tenni green tank  Very Happy

+100 on the I cant stand politics shit.
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:42 pm

I think it might be worth remembering, before we get too sanctimonious and pointing the finger at style victims, what the motorcycle was conceived for.
They were little more than motorised bicycles designed purely for A to B transport, quickly, conveniently and cheaply.
Basic utilitarian transport for the masses.
So with that in mind, we should remember that what WE ALL ride around on now, are highly stylised derivatives of the original concept.
We are all style victims, weather we choose to admit it or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:42 pm

What a wonderful discovery, second greatest invention to the GRiSO is the "FOE".
Just added someone to my list of foes and all their posts/threads disappear from my screen.
All I see on my screen now is this; This post was made by bikesnbones who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post. And of course I don't.

Wow! That feels good, my H.O.I.G.O.F pressure just dropped 15 points.
May I encourage all members of the brotherhood to now collectively and simultaneously fart in his general direction.
Thank you.

We shall now resume our presentation of the Moto Guzzi, Cafe' Racer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:05 pm

In the olden days when I was just a wee slip of a lad, the only café racer (pictures) I ever saw had polished alloy tanks and clubman seats. Like Triumph engines in featherbed frames. Never saw any BMW versions so I wouldn't know if that had something to do with Hitler or some Neo Nazi plot. Guess what? I couldn't give a flying fuck - so that's the end of the politics.

Street. Any chance you could do me a photoshop of a GRiSO, it must have the stock tank with a Roper "crass and vulgar" chrome finish.
Trying to picture if an MGS-01 fairing could be made to blend in so it and the GRiSO side wings are one. Like a modern version of the old 900SS half fairing.

Now we need a seat cowl/ducktail that has reminiscent cues to the clubman seat hump, but I was thinking something more modern like Serena Williams fat arse, maybe the Moby Dick of Nostra Dame off a Hyabusa? You decide.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:26 pm

Hayabusa? Jeezum Crowe!

Here comes ghezzi on his land-barge GRiSO, 3m clearance required.... geek

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:38 pm

Personally, I thought it appropriate for Roper's "blue whale". Speaking of which;

Guzzi Cat.
Tenni green would have to be more crass and vulgar than chrome, I'll take matt black or deep translucent/iridescent red (Honda CBX1000)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:59 pm

I get it. You want people to see it, do a double-take and say WTF!?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Actually, I am curious about what it would look like to try and café/sporterise/modify a GRiSO being as I suffer from OCMD, (Obsessive Compulsive Modification Disorder). Although I agree with your earlier comment Pete that a GRiSO is not the best choice for starting a custom project. Tonti's are much easier to work with.

Personally, I think to make anything work would almost require a complete remake of the bike, as per designs by Rossopurro etc. My heap was just an accidental project due to crap stock plastic bits that wanted to break. I think I went over board .................................
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:22 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Trying to picture if an MGS-01 fairing could be made to blend in so it and the GRiSO side wings are one. Like a modern version of the old 900SS half fairing.

Now we need a seat cowl/ducktail that has reminiscent cues to the clubman seat hump, but I was thinking something more modern like Serena Williams fat arse, maybe the Moby Dick of Nostra Dame off a Hyabusa? You decide.

Someone, I believe it was Stucchi Luigi, had a GRiSO full fairing in development which incorporated styling cues from the GRiSO "wings". I don't think it ever made it to primetime. It wasn't my personal cup of tea, but it sure was projected to be astronomically expensive...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:32 pm

I always thought it, (The Stucchi fairing.) made the GRiSO look like a GPz1100. Hideous and dated.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:23 pm

I do think there are plenty of options for changing GRiSO. It's just that clip-ons and rear sets are difficult and spoil the lines of the bike. As I have said before though the whole 'Cafe' thing has just become grotesque. The idea that by puting clip ons and a seat hump on any old shitter and waving an angle grinder in its general direction makes it some sort of meritorious 'Statement' would be laughable if it wasn't so eagerly adopted and slavishly lapped up by the clueless.

If people have to do this sort of shit can't they do it with worn out old Junkers that nobody wants rather than screwing up passable motorbikes? There are any number of truly dreary 1970's/'80's shitters, the Z440 for example, that nobody interested in motorbikes would care if every last one vanished from the face of the planet! They also have all the things Hipster Cafe Builders love. Two cylinders, worn out carburetors, woefully inadequate suspension, feeble frames, (By now further enfeebled by rust!) no power and pathetic brakes! Every 'Cafe Racer' officianado and over-excitable pinhead should be starching their shorts over these things and the wreckers can't give 'em away!

Never mind. The worm will turn. I reckon we've got another 12-18 months of this stomach churning unpleasantness and then these Gints will move onto something else. Turd pottery or Hollistic, free-range, organic, tantric navel re-tying.

Actually Jude and I ave given thought to offering classes in Virtual tantric navel re-tying. We aren't sure what it would involve but we reckon if I wore a filthy sarong and whispered a lot and Jude wore a diaphanous cheese-cloth top and mucked about with finger cymbals while we chanted and rubbed our hands on people and charged huge sums of money for 'Enlightenment' they'd be queuing up all the way to Sydney!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Cafe Racer
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next