GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Cafe Racer

Go down 
+21
Blue
little750
Andy in NZ
tocino
The Saint
damoru
LBC Tenni
Oz1200Guzzi
Guzzi Cat
beetle
Pete Roper
motomonster
DungeonMaster
keenerkeen07
plantboy
Steak
Street
Grisonut
Enzo the baker
bikesnbones
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 am

bikesnbones wrote:

I saw my first one, in the metal the other day, parked up in the high street, with a small crowd gathered around it, some taking pictures.

Living proof that crass vulgarity never goes out of style! Laughing the fact that a parked up 'Racer' sticks out like dog's balls and attracts a crowd says more about the audience than it does the bike,

You like it? That's fine. It's popular! Great! I just happen to think they are a gaudy piece of flashy unpleasantness with a wheel at each end. Vive la differance!

Pete
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:36 am

Everyone has different likes .. re Pete and Bikesnbones.. the racer for me is over done ,too nice , too much glitter..the Centauro looks nothing like a GRiSO in my eye, more like a bloated up Dolphin with a nice motor stuck in it , worse Guzzi yet .
The original V7 ...is art on wheels and the 850 T has the lines of an cow...
I feel better now Very Happy

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:43 am

Which is fine! I love the looks of the 'T' series bikes and regret that so many of them are currently being butchered up to build crappy 'Cafe' bikes. At least most of them can be un-munted pretty easily as the Tonti's are sort of like two wheeled logo kits! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:26 am

Rossopuro did their take of a modern cafe racer based on the GRiSO. I liked it and its the direction I'd go if I diverted from stock. If a thrashed GRiSO came my way I'd be all over it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:47 am

Pete Roper wrote:

Living proof that crass vulgarity never goes out of style! Laughing the fact that a parked up 'Racer' sticks out like dog's balls and attracts a crowd says more about the audience than it does the bike

I disagree.
If a bike can make people who might otherwise have no interest in them, stop and look, that can only be a good thing.

I'm a little perplexed about what the problem is with the V7 Racer.
Yeah OK, the numbers are a bit OTT, although interestingly, the one I saw didn't have them on.
Red frame ?
Is this a first for Moto Guzzi ?
Chrome tank ?
I guess to mimmick the polished ally tanks that were popular back in the day, and again, hardly a first.
In other words, nothing that hasn't been seen on Guzzi's and many other bikes before, so what's the problem.
Why are these features, (for want of a better word), so abhorrent, when essentially, it's nothing we haven't seen, and probably admired, on bikes before.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:46 am

Had to do it .....  my favorite modded  GRiSO I think they did this nicely ...I would have the bars higher , cause I am an old git..

when with a GRiSO you can take what is stock and change it enough to emphasize on what the original design is ,for me that is a winner ...my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 am

Jaysus Pete!!
I was going to start quoting some of your comments and putting them in my sig line but there just isn't enough room in my sig line for all of your priceless exhortations.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:

Had to do it .....  my favorite modded  GRiSO I think they did this nicely ...I would have the bars higher , cause I am an old git..

when with a GRiSO you can take what is stock and change it enough to emphasize on what the original design is ,for me that is a winner ...my 2 cents

Except for those stupid license plate brackets bolted to the CARC. Yikes!!
Who ever came up with this idea on modded bikes needs to be shot.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:28 am

Grisonut wrote:
keenerkeen07 wrote:

Cant see what you are seeing.... I see the plate off the tail piece check out my link that will take you to the Zero
Back to top Go down
motomonster
Carlotto
Carlotto
motomonster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:45 am

I personally prefer the cafe trend to the chopper trend. I love the look of a stripped-down bike. Dunno how well a GRiSO would take to it, but I'd be curious to see one. That Centauro cafe looks brutal.

knumbnutz likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:58 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:
Grisonut wrote:
keenerkeen07 wrote:

Cant see what you are seeing.... I see the plate off the tail piece check out my link that will take you to the Zero
I think hes referring to the Ipothesys that I posted. BMW and Ducati use this plate system on some models.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm

bikesnbones wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Living proof that crass vulgarity never goes out of style! Laughing the fact that a parked up 'Racer' sticks out like dog's balls and attracts a crowd says more about the audience than it does the bike

I disagree.
If a bike can make people who might otherwise have no interest in them, stop and look, that can only be a good thing.

Why? What is the attraction of having gurning idiots suddenly taking an interest in motorbikes?

Quote :

I'm a little perplexed about what the problem is with the V7 Racer.
Yeah OK, the numbers are a bit OTT, although interestingly, the one I saw didn't have them on.
Red frame ?
Is this a first for Moto Guzzi ?
Chrome tank ?
I guess to mimmick the polished ally tanks that were popular back in the day, and again, hardly a first.
In other words, nothing that hasn't been seen on Guzzi's and many other bikes before, so what's the problem.
Why are these features, (for want of a better word), so abhorrent, when essentially, it's nothing we haven't seen, and probably admired, on bikes before.

And that for me is a major part of the problem. It's keeping Guzzi's image associated with the past rather than it being seen as a viable, modern alternative. There is also the whole pandering to the idea of exclusivity which I detest. Look, you like it, lots of other people like it, that's fine, I don't, I think it's a horrible little turd and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

And that for me is a major part of the problem. It's keeping Guzzi's image associated with the past rather than it being seen as a viable, modern alternative.

If you are so fixated with the moving forward, I'm perplexed as to why you should choose to ride a bike with an ancient agricultural air cooled engine that has remained pretty much the same for decades.

Pete Roper wrote:
There is also the whole pandering to the idea of exclusivity which I detest. Look, you like it, lots of other people like it, that's fine, I don't, I think it's a horrible little turd

I suppose by virtue of their rarity, certainly in the UK, exclusivity is kind of built in.

Pete Roper wrote:
and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

Pete

I agree, but perhaps you should learn that other people's opinions are as valid as yours.
I've noticed a tendency for you to bully people who don't agree with you, and use your expert knowledge as a big bat to beat people down with.
Bit of humility wouldn't go amiss from you old chap.

Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Wow, Roper he just lit up your ass. And you must admit, it is such fun to bully folks on these message boards. 
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Bully? Oh my aching sides! Sorry, because of what am I accused of 'Bullying'? The fact that I choose to query I'll informed ignorance and speak my mind, sometimes forcefully? Good grief! I hadn't realized I was dealing with such terrible shrinking violets!

As for the engine being agricultural and not having changed in decades? While there are strong similarities between your 1100 motor and the earlier engines dating back to the original V7 the 1200 motor is, effectively, a brand new, (Well, eight year old now.) stand alone design.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:47 pm

I was so bored last night with minimal activity on the forum, now I'm having breakfast with a smorgasbord of the architectural vernacular from various visionaries.

Well you are all fucking wrong, my bike is the best bike in the world, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Ok, only kidding. Hey Steak, can you add a new symbol of "Cyclops" to your bank of mini avatars?
I think there are many of us here who fit the bill.

On a serious note, I've come to view most of Rossopurro/Millepercento's work along the lines of OCC.
Very stylish and creative but useless pieces of shit that couldn't be ridden on a regular basis.
Yes I may be wrong, but when I look at some of their engineering I question its validity.

That is why I built my own and;

BEAUTY IS IN THE BEHIND OF THE HOLDER
meaning your taste is in your bum
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Cafe Racers: Absolutely useless for anything except for the "look at me" types.

You ride your extremely uncomfortable eye-candy down to the cafe. Your leathers (only worn when riding to the cafe) creak as you untangle yourself from the head-down, arse-up riding position. You sniff and look around at disdain at any other bike that is not a cafe racer. You drink your espresso with your little finger in the air.

After you feel time enough has passed to have been "seen", your leathers creak again as you throw your aching leg over the bike. You look around as you start the bike, to ensure every one is looking at you and only you. You ride the 6 minutes back to your lair (well under the speed limit), where you carefully wipe the bike down and polish it.

Any bike that is not a Cafe Racer:

You watch the wanker ride up on his useless looking shining turd. You completely ignore him as you chat with your mates about the last 3 hour speedfest you just finished. You don't even notice when the wanker leaves.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

bhattman likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:31 pm

HOLY SHIT GIRLS, Bikes are a little like women, some are butt ugly and could do with a little work!! While others are perfect and should  be left alone.
The good thing is it doesn't really matter a shit what other people like or dont like its your choice cheers  There has been bikes that I thought were uglu as sin when I first laid eyes on them and after a couple of years I began to want one scratch

Of course if it is a beautiful Italian model with big tits, excuse me jugs then leave her alone Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Could somebody get the shit stick and stir up the pot please? It's a tad boring right now - tell us what you really think!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Everyone remain calm. This thread has taken a contentious turn, so it is being hijacked:

Behold the motorboat!  cheers

Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:19 pm

beetle wrote:
Cafe Racers:  Absolutely useless for anything except for the "look at me" types.

You ride your extremely uncomfortable eye-candy down to the cafe. Your leathers (only worn when riding to the cafe) creak as you untangle yourself from the head-down, arse-up riding position. You sniff and look around at disdain at any other bike that is not a cafe racer. You drink your espresso with your little finger in the air.

After you feel time enough has passed to have been "seen", your leathers creak again as you throw your aching leg over the bike. You look around as you start the bike, to ensure every one is looking at you and only you. You ride the 6 minutes back to your lair (well under the speed limit), where you carefully wipe the bike down and polish it.

Any bike that is not a Cafe Racer:

You watch the wanker ride up on his useless looking shining turd. You completely ignore him as you chat with your mates about the last 3 hour speedfest you just finished. You don't even notice when the wanker leaves.

So did you buy a GRiSO, because it was a completely ordinary boring looking bike, that no one would ever give a second glance too.
Come on.
There are any number of bland annonymous offerings out there you could have chosen if you really don't want to stand out in a crowd.
If someone comes up to you and tells you how cool your bike looks, are you going to recoil in horror at the very thought,
I somehow doubt that.
Rolling Eyes .
We all love it when our bikes get a bit of attention and don't deny it.
Of course, the main reason should be the ride, which is why the first thing I bought, even before I got the bike, is a set of panniers, because I'm going to the Guzzi factory open house weekend this Sept,

Last edited by bikesnbones on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Well shit, I'll just turn off the TV and stay on with the live action here!!
I got beer, cookies and warm balls. I'm golden!Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:52 pm

bikesnbones wrote:

So did you buy a GRiSO, because it was a completely ordinary boring looking bike, that no one would ever give a second glance too.
Come on.
There are any number of bland annonymous offerings out there you could have chosen if you really don't want to stand out in a crowd.
If someone comes up to you and tells you how cool your bike looks, are you going to recoil in horror at the very thought,
I somehow doubt that.
Rolling Eyes .
We all love it when our bikes get a bit of attention and don't deny it.

No I bought my GRiSO's because I think they're a great looking bike and because I could tell from the spec sheet I was going to like them. I never gave what other people might think a second thought. As for bland, anonymous offerings? My Mana is just that. I reckon it's a s boring as batshit to look at. I bought that off the spec sheet too.

As for what people say about my bikes? I really couldn't give a toss. I frequently get told my GRiSO's colour scheme is terrible. So what? I didn't paint it for critics I painted it for me and I like it. As for wanting a bit of attention? Sorry, I grew out of that a few years before my first child was born and he's thirty now.

Look, you do things and like things for your reasons. I do and like things for mine.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
No I bought my GRiSO's because I think they're a great looking bike and because I could tell from the spec sheet I was going to like them. I never gave what other people might think a second thought. As for bland, anonymous offerings? My Mana is just that. I reckon it's a s boring as batshit to look at. I bought that off the spec sheet too.

As for what people say about my bikes? I really couldn't give a toss. I frequently get told my GRiSO's colour scheme is terrible. So what? I didn't paint it for critics I painted it for me and I like it. As for wanting a bit of attention? Sorry, I grew out of that a few years before my first child was born and he's thirty now.

Look, you do things and like things for your reasons. I do and like things for mine.

Pete

Did it occur to you for just one moment that people who do Cafe Racers, might do it purely for their own benefit, without giving a second though to what others think.
So why should they be shot down in flames by you, when they're just doing these things for their own reasons.
Why can't you afford others the same respect in terms of taste, that you demand for yourself.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:05 pm

I am a complete café bike bike weinie. Always have been.
And I love reading Pete and beetle rant about them.
Especially since they are spot on about the poseurs.
Doesn't bother me any.

I like café bikes because they have the form follows function esthetic that I love and and they look great and they suit my riding style and my preferred ergos.
So I will continue chuckling at the rantings of Pete and beetle.
They are great guys in my book.

DM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Cafe Racer
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next