GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Extra oil cooler cover pics

Go down 
+12
JTB
Birch
waterbottle
Tassiedevil71
Trknomo
Street
Steak
keenerkeen07
JohnA
Tolle09
Wet Coaster
Blue
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Extra oil cooler cover pics Empty
PostSubject: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Blue on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:19 pm

I've got that cover on my '07 GRiSO. I had to mount it with rubber washers as it got a bit buzzy at high revs.
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Got mine from Gutsibits when I had it
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 pm

I put one of these on my 2014. After about 8 months I decided black would look better so I painted it and masked off the GRiSO name, so it's still silver. Seems to blend in better. No matter, it feel better getting the plastic cover off. Mine had small rubber washers on the OEM cover so I reused them.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:28 pm

looks better than stock for sure.. but try it with no cover , put the screws back in to fill the holes so it looks stock/complete..

i did so and it looks great IMO no problems and its been this way 2years now.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:51 am

JohnA wrote:
I put one of these on my 2014. After about 8 months I decided black would look better so I painted it and masked off the GRiSO name, so it's still silver. Seems to blend in better. No matter, it feel better getting the plastic cover off. Mine had small rubber washers on the OEM cover so I reused them.

That is what I was thinking about doing when I first put it in place [ just did not want to change it and then regret it]
Have you got any pics of what you have done John? Be great to see what that looks like - even if you could just email one to me?

Keener - I get what you are saying and tried to do that, but it felt like i should have something there? Although placing the screws back did make it look better. Have to see how it makes me feel with the look over time. I am a bit heavy handed at the best of times so just worry i would manage to damage it in the garage someway or another!!! To be honest I was never that bothered by rad grills etc with the actual name of the bike on etc, but this looks better in the metal than I expected.

I like the Guzzi Tech grill but I have a Birthday coming up and the Becker Technik stand is at the top of my list Cool

Have ridden the bike to work and above the noise of the engine/termi/and everything else doing it's thang - there was no extra rattle from the guard........yet. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:30 am

Here are a couple of pictures (I think I uploaded them??). I used semi-gloss paint with 500 degree F rating. Got it at an auto parts store.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:45 am

Blue,
OK, I just read I can't attach jpgs directly and they have to be on a public server someplace. I'll send you an email.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 am

JohnA wrote:
Blue,
OK, I just read I can't attach jpgs directly and they have to be on a public server someplace. I'll send you an email.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 am

Thanks to a Steak tutorial, the picture should be available now.
Thanks Steak!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:27 am

From this angle maybe you can see the cover better.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:49 am

Cheers John, Cheers Steak. Cool
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:33 pm

Cover looks much better when painted, bravo.

Glad the tutorial helped.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Agreed, looks good painted. Any thoughts on painting out the crap behind the cover? The GRiSO cover is a nice design, but it does nothing to conceal the innerds which I don't find very appealing.

That's also an interesting fairing. Was ist es? I'm not in the market for one at the moment and have previously posted a couple of pictures/comments on my various Givi iterations for my '07 1100, but I'm just curious. Undecided whether I like it or not yet, but it's a variation I haven't seen before.
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Crap Shocked innerds Rolling Eyes  that is the oil cooler and it is beautiful in itself, the detail of the fins delicate and yet elemental in its purpose , a tribute to the mechanical that should be shown for all to see...its fucking beautiful

your not mad at me still for dissing your steam vent application in a previous thread are you Street Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:23 pm

keenerkeen07 wrote:
Crap Shocked innerds Rolling Eyes  that is the oil cooler and it is beautiful in itself, the detail of the fins delicate and yet elemental in its purpose , a tribute to the mechanical that should be shown for all to see...its fucking beautiful

your not mad at me still for dissing your steam vent application in a previous thread are you Street Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

Naw, I never was, if we all agreed on everything the world would be a pretty boring place. And I have to disagree with you on the "beauty" of the oil cooler, it just isn't fucking beautiful at all. I think maybe you're the one who's mad (crazy)! Razz
Back to top Go down
Trknomo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Trknomo

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:54 am

JohnA wrote:

Looking at the pic, that was a good masking job. I usually botch stuff like that. Did you just use painters tape or something a bit more creative? Just mounted mine yesterday, but that looks awesome
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:08 pm

That's also an interesting fairing. Was ist es?

I'll try and answer a couple of questions above here; the fairing is from Parabellum. Its the only "racing" type fairing I could find for the GRiSO. I liked the Givi but was afraid to buy a "universal mount" one.
On masking the GRiSO name on the cooler cover; I just used the blue "painters" tape you buy at home stores. I put 2 rows of 1" tape across the name. Then, turned the cooler over and cut around the name with a razor knife (a new sharp one) and some on the front side too. Its pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:26 pm

JohnA wrote:
That's also an interesting fairing. Was ist es?

I'll try and answer a couple of questions above here; the fairing is from Parabellum. Its the only "racing" type fairing I could find for the GRiSO. I liked the Givi but was afraid to buy a "universal mount" one.
On masking the GRiSO name on the cooler cover; I just used the blue "painters" tape you buy at home stores. I put 2 rows of 1" tape across the name. Then, turned the cooler over and cut around the name with a razor knife (a new sharp one) and some on the front side too. Its pretty easy.

Good job mate. Thanks for the tips.

My bike's an '08 8V and the cooler cover is only slightly warped. If it gets worse or starts to annoy me, I'll definitely be a 'copy cat'.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:15 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:

Its a bit like those fancy wrist watches with the innerds on display, We all paid good money for those oil coolers, don't hide them, show them off Laughing

Ron
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:43 am

waterbottle wrote:
keenerkeen07 wrote:

Its a bit like those fancy wrist watches with the innerds on display, We all paid good money for those oil coolers, don't hide them, show them off Laughing

Ron

why not Cool
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm still not buyin' it, still think it's ugly. Just because it's utilitarian doesn't make it beautiful. Why not take the grille off your car or truck and expose the radiator? Same look, and just as ugly. IMO.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:02 am

I have that cover in my garage waiting to be mounted. Will definitely paint it.

What paint did you use? Was going to find BBQ paint or will regular rattle can work?
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra oil cooler cover pics   Extra oil cooler cover pics Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Extra oil cooler cover pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next