GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hot Weather riding jacket

Go down 
+17
DungeonMaster
JohnA
CPB
Steak
Chronic
Grisonut
ObdewlaX
plantboy
pokeyjoe
waterbottle
jomartijr
beetle
Pete Roper
opc
Blue
Street
Canyon Carver
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Blue wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any good?

That is more like it, though a bit more than I wanted to spend. Thanx. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2015 1:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Question
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Bought this Macna last summer.  Inexpensive, but nicely built.  Grey panels are also highly reflective.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2015 8:54 pm

I went with this one and have had it for a year in the Texas heat. It is black mostly but does a really good job in the heat. I like the fit because it's short and doesn't wrinkle at the waist and is very adjustable at 3 points (arms, waist and upper body). If you take that armor out I'm sure it's even cooler (which I haven't done). And is a deal at $59 US dollars. I had my tailor sew on a nice big Guzzi patch on the back!

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2015 11:00 pm

That looks great JohnA. Too bad it's FUCKING BLACK! I suppose I could just spray paint it white, tan, or silver. Idea
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2015 6:43 am

If you go to the leather up site, they have Xelement mesh jackets in Silver. There's one for $69.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2015 7:40 am

Canyon Carver wrote:
That looks great JohnA. Too bad it's FUCKING BLACK! I suppose I could just spray paint it white, tan, or silver. Idea

Now that made me laugh! Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 12:53 am

Canyon Carver wrote:
Well I got this Held Tropic II and it's too baggy and sleeves a bit to long. Guess I should have ordered the Medium, instead of the Large. Dang. I wear a 42 suit jacket and a medium Cortech denim. Any one in the US want it I will let it go for $125. Sad

Maybe we should talk
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2015 1:19 am

check your messages.
Back to top Go down
talwar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
talwar

PostSubject: Motoport   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 am

Check out Motoport. They use kevlar mesh for the entire jacket and they make it to your custom measurments. the mesh allows for total air flow. I have one and love it, plus they come in numerous colors. A little pricey at about $450, but it will last forever. Be careful of cheaper mesh jeckets as they are invariably made of polyester and can actually melt if you have to drop and slide on asphalt.
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 am

I use a Moto Dry jacket. Its not a quality bit of kit. Its just a jacket. A bit loose, but has straps to tighten the arms etc. It works well in over 40+C, 100+F days. Bloody cool at night. Happy with it.

I got a white one for the pillion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seems like they only make them for ladies in white. Not to pass judgement, of course.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:05 pm

JohnA wrote:
If you go to the leather up site, they have Xelement mesh jackets in Silver. There's one for $69.

Just got this the other day. I've had bad luck with Leatherup jackets in the past, so thought I'd give this a shot.
I have ridden with it twice now with the zip liner out.
What I liked was that airflow was very good through the jacket except the sleeves because there is a cloth cuff, like an old bomber or letterman's jacket, that blocks air at the wrist. Stupid.
Also, with the neck zippered up all the way the collar chaffs my neck a bit. I'll add some fabric to deal with it.
Good for the price. I got a medium and with just a T-shirt it fits me well.

I still have the Held L for sale if anyone needs it,
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Without question, the best hot weather jacket I've ever had is my Motoport Ultra II Air Kevlar mesh. I've ridden comfortably in summer Utah heat and been more comfortable than if I wasn't wearing a jacket.

The armor in it is second to none and the jacket is custom fit to your measurements. Mine is light grey. It just doesn't get hot in the sun at all. Nothing flows air better. They will add or delete pockets, add or delete reflective stripes, emergency pocket etc.

Great folks, made in U.S.A.

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:52 pm

WCB wrote:
Without question, the best hot weather jacket I've ever had is my Motoport Ultra II Air Kevlar mesh. I've ridden comfortably in summer Utah heat and been more comfortable than if I wasn't wearing a jacket.

The armor in it is second to none and the jacket is custom fit to your measurements. Mine is light grey. It just doesn't get hot in the sun at all. Nothing flows air better. They will add or delete pockets, add or delete reflective stripes, emergency pocket etc.

Great folks, made in U.S.A.

I can see these are fine jackets indeed! Thanks for the resource and when I get some extra $, I'll order one.
Exclamation I do have a question that is probably answered on the site, but I'm too lazy to find it.
Does the main zipper a double zipper meaning you can unzip from the bottom up? My old Hein Gerich Dakar had that and it was great so it wouldn't bunch up at the bottom if you unzipped it slightly.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:04 am

Yup. Double zippers on both my Cordura Motoport and Kevlar Mesh jacket.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:24 am

[quote="Canyon Carver"]
JohnA wrote:

Just got this the other day. I've had bad luck with Leatherup jackets in the past, so thought I'd give this a shot.
I have ridden with it twice now with the zip liner out.
What I liked was that airflow was very good through the jacket except the sleeves because there is a cloth cuff, like an old bomber or letterman's jacket, that blocks air at the wrist. Stupid.
Also, with the neck zippered up all the way the collar chaffs my neck a bit. I'll add some fabric to deal with it.
Good for the price. I got a medium and with just a T-shirt it fits me well.

It's still very hot here in So-Cal nearly 100 and it's mid Oct! My son wanted to go for a ride on his, new to him, '12 V7 racer, me on the GRiSO, so I wore the Xelement. I modified the cuff by cutting the fabric completely off. Now air can make it's easy up the arms. cheers For the money, it will do for now.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:06 am

Canyon carver wrote: 'It's still very hot here in So-Cal nearly 100 and it's mid Oct!'

Jesus, I thought you were just fucking around! but I checked the weather in your neck of the woods

and indeed it was around 100 degrees! In mid-freaking October! That's insane!

An Indian Summer is one thing, but that is nuts. Plague and locusts to follow...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:54 am

But climate change is just an invention of peepul who hate jeezus! Get a grip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Weather riding jacket   Hot Weather riding jacket - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hot Weather riding jacket
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2