GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Booster plug

Go down 
+10
wrinkley
davem
tocino
joshct
Oz1200Guzzi
talwar
drquackula
Pete Roper
The Saint
beetle
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Booster plug - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 am

I watched about 75% of it, but the urge to bite my iPad kept growing until I stopped the video.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 am

With nothing better to do I watched the whole vid and then read all the info on the Booster plug web site.
To be fair to the inventor he does supply a lot of info on how it works and even a downloadable booklet he has written on motorcycle fuel injection.
Having waded through all the bumf it seems to be if the answer to all your fuel injection woes is to add 6% extra fuel across the entire open loop range the guy has got the solution.
I was going to try to enlighten the vid maker and his disciples to the pitfalls of his supposed panacea and then thought better of it, why get in the way of a fool and his money.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:45 am

Agreed. Best not to poke the hornets nest.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 am

The fact his info is at best poorly presented and at worst plain wrong is OK?

He, and the manufacturer of this device, have absolutely no idea about how FI *Works* and their whole theory and modus operandi is based on the idea that 'Everybody' knows that the evil gummint wants to stop us having fun.

I'm over it. If others want to waste their money? That's no issue to me. What makes my blood boil is that this sort of shit will lead to ever more draconian legislation meaning that others who actually make things work better AND in the long term benefit the environment will be blocked from doing so because they will be forced to abide by a 'Broad Brush' type of legislation that while cheap to engineer and implement is only of benefit for very ordinary 'Cookie Cutter' engineered vehicles with no character.

Fortunately the days of the internal combustion engine are numbered. The new frontier is, so far, largely unregulated. I'll probably see out my riding life mainly on IC vehicles but I'm really looking forward to the change as idiots like Booster Plug man will be shuffled off to the dustbin of history and good riddance!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:59 am

Ha! When we're all riding 'lectric bikes, there'll be charlatan's selling Ion Alignment Regulators to boost torque and battery life.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:36 am

Yer probably right. Perhaps we can get in on the ground floor? A small box with a couple of LED's that flash intermittently and make your Energica Ego do 79% of the speed of light! Roll up! One day only offer!
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:54 am

Well Pete Triumph have locked the diy tuner out of their latest ecus (for now) which will encourage more of the plugin magic box brigade to have a go. Youtube is now full of this sort of stuff and I find it entertaining to watch in a weird sort of way.
There is a Yorkshire guy that calls a spade a spade who has his own channel taking the piss out of the snake oil salesmen. He recently had a visit from the old Bill when one of them complained about harassment. It's a jungle out there.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm

I was going to say something succinct - but fuggit, I'm not.
Back to top Go down
wrinkley
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
wrinkley

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:30 am

Hi folks, having recently acquired a rather lovely 2015 GRiSO 1200SE at the expense of my rather lovely 2006 GRiSO 1100, I have noticed that it's a little choppy and snatchy at low speed and roundabouts etc.
I've done the usual i.e. taking all of the slack out of the throttle cables. The bike runs beautifully out on the open road but would like it to run as good as it can. I am a total techno numpty and wondered if there is anyone in the East/North Yorkshire area (UK) that would be able to assist me in uploading a Beetle map into my bike. I honestly would not have a clue as to where to begin.

Steve.....I'd even buy a packet of chocolate Hobnobs for the occasion.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:18 pm

If you can't find someone nearer I can always help..... I have laptop/cables and can load either beetle map OR can share a full dyno developed variant (richer, burns more fuel, doesn't have minor/short cold start stumbles, overall more predictable low speed running)....or you can try both Wink Can easily get North of Leeds anytime....Just PM me if/when you want to do it Paul
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Just getting ready to do mine shortly, I'm near Skipton. I've not done it before so would appreciate moral support. Have cables, laptop and carbtune at the ready........
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:21 pm

joshct wrote:
A prudent course of action would be to alert Moto International to the problem.  

They have an excellent reputation and I think would work with you.

I have a 2007 1100, that I bought from them and have enjoyed a fantastic relationship with them.

You could try that but nobody will answer
After Dave Richardson left they spiralled downhill and closed shop about a year ago, I was there on the last open day.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:28 pm

wrinkley wrote:
Hi folks, having recently acquired a rather lovely 2015 GRiSO 1200SE at the expense of my rather lovely 2006 GRiSO 1100, I have noticed that it's a little choppy and snatchy at low speed and roundabouts etc.
I've done the usual i.e. taking all of the slack out of the throttle cables. The bike runs beautifully out on the open road but would like it to run as good as it can. I am a total techno numpty and wondered if there is anyone in the East/North Yorkshire area (UK) that would be able to assist me in uploading a Beetle map into my bike. I honestly would not have a clue as to where to begin.

Steve.....I'd even buy a packet of chocolate Hobnobs for the occasion.

That's easy, don't try to ride it slow, the GRiSO doesn't like that, its a mean lean running machine.
Seriously i have heard nothing but good about the Beetle maps, my 1100 runs ok with the stock map.
Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi all, just been perusing the documentation that came with my new 1200 SE and have found a receipt for one of these devices Shocked Anyone know where I should look for the offending item so I can remove it & see what difference it makes?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:39 pm

There are many variants - all equally crap. If it's just air temp correction then follow connection from the sensor next to air filter housing, if it's Finebau lambda type them chase it from under starter motor cover and lambda connections - mostly they all end up under seat on one side panel space or another.....main issue I had (finebau) was that learning parameters quickly killed any benefits and immediate issue of service/spanner mode & error codes for lambda outside limits (air temp likely won't error like that).....removing it won't make much difference as basic map (I had 2008 2230G801 - the worst) is still rubbish even if you switch off lambdas (tuner pro) and reset learning parameters it still runs horrible. New map is only way forward.
Back to top Go down
wrinkley
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
wrinkley

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:29 am

Massive thanks to Paul (paulbrice) who I met this morning. He met me halfway between Beverley and Manchester and uploaded a new map to my 2015 Griso1200 SE. It's running so much nicer. Some very minor throttle stutter, and it is minor, at below 2000rpm but after that it's silky smooth. So much easier to control on roundabouts, tight corners and in traffic, no need to spend half your time feathering the clutch. May have been the placebo effect ( I don't really think so) but the bike appears to pull much more cleanly right through the rev range. Just need to sort the suspension, tyres and brake pads now. I'm confident changes will make the 1200 a much better bike than my 1100 was, and that was a great bike.
Again, many thanks Paul.
Steve.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:05 am

Was a pleasure Steve (& lovely weather for a day riding around mid-North England - Snakes Pass outbound route & Winnats Pass return). Thanks to Spike for the map created with dyno runs - I'm running same. Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Booster plug   Booster plug - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Booster plug
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2