GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

NGK Plug Caps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drburt
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
drburt

NGK Plug Caps Empty
PostSubject: NGK Plug Caps   NGK Plug Caps Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:58 pm

I went on a deep google search for NGK spark plug caps the other day and thought I'd share my findings.

I ordered some NGK 8384 SB05EP Spark Plug Cap from ngk.com. I prefer the ones that clamp directly to the electrode without the nut. 16 still in stock
The P version means "with special waterproof cover". Don't know if that will cause any fitment issues, but we'll see.

I also ordered NGK 8080 SB05F Spark Plug Cap from ngk.com. Just in case the P version mentioned above has a fitment issue. 165 still in stock.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (chart to help decipher the NGK codes)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (complete chart to help decipher NGK codes)

Searching by stock number helps sometimes with some retailers (found on complete chart above)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The boat websites seem to have older bike plug caps.

I have no relation with or knowledge of these retailers. Deal at your own risk.

The caps seem to be out there, but dwindling due to discontinued.

Good luck! Leave some for me!!!
Brent

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

NGK Plug Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: NGK Plug Caps   NGK Plug Caps Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:40 pm

drburt wrote:
I went on a deep google search for NGK spark plug caps the other day and thought I'd share my findings.

I ordered some NGK 8384 SB05EP Spark Plug Cap from ngk.com. I prefer the ones that clamp directly to the electrode without the nut. 16 still in stock
The P version means "with special waterproof cover". Don't know if that will cause any fitment issues, but we'll see.

I also ordered NGK 8080 SB05F Spark Plug Cap from ngk.com. Just in case the P version mentioned above has a fitment issue. 165 still in stock.

You won't be the first one to have been down that path...
As for the NGK nomenclature the SB05E is for sparkplugs with the nut or solid post terminal and the SB05F is for threaded terminal.
Also note that the B stands for 14mm Ø plugs whereas plugs for the 1200 8V are 10mm Ø, they will fit just fine but an SD05 will have a better seal around the insulator.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
drburt
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
drburt

NGK Plug Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: NGK Plug Caps   NGK Plug Caps Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:10 pm

I wondered about the D or B, but Pete Roper and Moto International suggested the B on previous posts.
I'm definitely not saying you are wrong, just putting this out there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Besides, about all your gonna get are the Bs now it seems.
I did find some Ds on Amazon. Ships in 3 to 4 weeks. I wonder if they really have them or have to find them.
Not sure I trust the Amazon seller(s). Sketchy info. Says not mfg discontinues.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Brent
Back to top Go down
Donzo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Donzo

NGK Plug Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: NGK Plug Caps   NGK Plug Caps Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:11 pm

Curious to know if the caps you preferred in the end were the SB05EP or the SB05F. Also, what plugs are you using Brent? Thanks!

Don
Back to top Go down
Robeartato
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robeartato

NGK Plug Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: NGK Plug Caps   NGK Plug Caps Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:22 am

The SD05E and SB05E are functionally the same cap and will be a functional replacement.

the only difference between the two is the rubber boot at the sparkplug-end of the cap that seals the sparkplug from water/weather.

I bought a pair of SD05Es (the smaller and 'more correct' fit) and found that I had to remove said rubber boot for the spark tube on my GRiSO was almost the same diamater as the rubber seal.

An SB05E would fit just as well in this case. the SB05F won't fit since it's for spark plugs with a threaded terminal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NGK Plug Caps Empty
PostSubject: Re: NGK Plug Caps   NGK Plug Caps Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

NGK Plug Caps
Page 1 of 1