GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Guten Tag from Germany

Go down 
+9
beetle
Oz1200Guzzi
NorthernProducer
wardentm
Street
Blue
tocino
f-man
delorean69
13 posters
AuthorMessage
delorean69
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
delorean69

Guten Tag from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:47 am

Hi there,
born 69, grew up in Eastern Germany (aka GDR), live and work for 18 years in Munich. Started riding a Simson Schwalbe, MZ ETZ 150 and Yamaha Dragstar 650. Currently I own 1200 Sport 4V, model 2010, around 50.000 km. I love that heartbeat Twisted Evil
Went through all the pain with the tappets and camshafts, Kit C fixed it and still in love. Mostly riding through the nearby Alps, Italy is just a 90 mins ride away Very Happy Looking forward to interesting discussions.

Cheers Joachim
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:27 am

Moin Joachim;

welcome to the ghetto!

Sven
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:01 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:19 am

Hello and welcome from me too! cheers
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:37 am

Welcome Joachim.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Welcome Joachim
Greetings from all down in Tasmania.
Stay safe and warm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:42 pm

G'day, welcome aboard.
Tony will be along shortly and seeing you own a 1200 Sport he will be your new best friend.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:40 am

Welcome, Joachim!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Gidday Joachim, and welcome to da gHeTtO!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:54 pm

I was lurking but Wayne exposed me -now I feel embarrassed. You have, I believe the 8V engine (on the Sport is is Quattro Valvole (4 Valves per side) - the GRiSO is Otto Valvole (8 Valves in total)).

This is the problem when you let marketing and sales people "comment/name" technical stuff. In essence, they are the same engine, though yours might be the A7 variant?

What Wayne (Ghezzi) was referring to is the effort to get my 2V Sport (4 valves in total - 2 per side) running much much better than as shipped form the factory. This has been achieved and I am happy.

GreggF is the other Sport guy with a map developed with Mark's (Beetle) help - this is on an 8V engine and he waxes lyrical on the differences over stock - big grin factor...

When you are ready, send Mark a PM and he might just send you a decent map. You need to tell hime everything your bike has had done to it though.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Already done Tony. However, it didn't work for him. scratch

There were the initial hiccups because he has ABS. The first map caused crazy speedo syndrome. When I sent the correct map, big hole in midrange. I hope it's just a case of forgot to reset the trims.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Welcome Joachim! I'm sure you will find this site helpful, I have cheers
Back to top Go down
Gr8V
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gr8V

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Welcome mate, just came back from the Italian Alps, beautiful place. Unfortunatly I was on 4 wheels not two, it was Italian (Fiat) though, I will be going back again, next time on a bike. Did a quite a few K's in Portugal and spain,, now there are some nice roads.
I'm sure you will enjoy the Ghetto.
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 am

Hello and welcome, 8v Sports are great all rounders and are rare birds. I confess to having had an Mz 150......there said it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto amigo!
Back to top Go down
delorean69
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
delorean69

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Thanks guys, your welcome is overwhelming! I got in touch with Mark already and he sent me a map. My first try failed miserably, huge flat spot in the middle and pinging. But as he mentioned, I was probably too excited and must have forgotten to reset trims. Will do another try during this week and report back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guten Tag from Germany   Guten Tag from Germany Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Guten Tag from Germany
Page 1 of 1