GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO wheel question.

Go down 
+5
Street
LBC Tenni
zathruss
beetle
matt289
9 posters
AuthorMessage
matt289
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
matt289

GRiSO wheel question. Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:51 pm

I was wondering if the older style forged wheels would fit on a 2014 GRiSO 1200se that has the spoke wheels? any input would be great thanks.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Yes they will. I approve of this. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
matt289
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
matt289

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:01 pm

awesome.. now I just need to find someone who wants to trade for the newer style wheel in the northern California area. lol
Back to top Go down
zathruss
Carlotto
Carlotto
zathruss

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:54 pm

One kwik question WHY?????
Back to top Go down
matt289
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
matt289

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:47 pm

because the forged ones look better and they are 10,000 times easier to clean. lol
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:53 pm

As nice as they look, spokes and tubeless tires are not a good combo. Some of them leak when new. Eventually they will all start to leak. When mine start, I'll look to swap as well.

triumphd675 likes this post

Back to top Go down
matt289
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
matt289

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:29 pm

very good point lbc. just another reason I want the older forged ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Interesting situation, what does each wheel (complete with tyre and discs) weigh.
I know, STFU about ya carbon!
Back to top Go down
matt289
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
matt289

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:10 pm

I would imagine the spoke wheels weigh less, but I would sacrifice some weight for the forged wheels. I almost talked myself out of buying my new 2014 GRiSO (totaled my 2007 GRiSO) just because of the spoke wheels. I'm really not a fan of spokes but I surely did love my other GRiSO and had to go right back to another one despite the darn spokes, and the extra cc's were an added bonus.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:44 pm

I totally agree! I'm sticking with my 2007 1100 for the foreseeable future and I LOVE the forged wheels. I think they look better and they're SO EASY to keep clean. AND, they're appropriate for the tubeless tires. If and when I do get an 8V, I will definitely want to put the forged wheels on it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Standard Guzzi spoke wheels (Cali/Bellagio etc) weigh a ton. Admittedly the Alpina tubeless spoke wheel system is lighter, but most of that saving is due to the tube that standard Cali wheels require.

If the 3 spoke wheels that Guzzi use are stamped "Brembo", then they are cast wheels and heavy.
If they are stamped "Marchesini" then it is possible they are forged aluminium and a little lighter.
Forged magnesium would be much better.

Having the experience of using lighter wheels, any weight you can save in reciprocating weight is absolutely and diabolically beneficial. Once you taste black, you'll never go back, as it were.
Come ride Bella and you'll understand. Even lighter discs will be very noticeable, the increase in your riding pleasure will justify any expense incurred.

I couldn't make the last cabal, but I am very keen for any sporting Guzzisti to taste and see the difference that can be made to your GRiSO. I'm not just blowing smoke up my own arse.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:12 am

The other thing with the spoked wheels is you can't fit a right angle valve on the rear wheel.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:46 am

I like my spoked wheels.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
matt289
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
matt289

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:57 am

I like mine too but I loved the wheels on my 07. lol
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:54 pm

spoked rear is 6.8 kg and has a angled valve. brembo or marchesini are the same, brembo owns the company, and in this case nothing different. Here in europe lot of people want the spoked ones. My spoked stelvio wheel is just moved to a GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
fraktv
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
fraktv

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm

I arrived 4 years too late to this site.  Just purchased a set of 2015 GRiSO Spoke wheels and tires.  Looking to sell my forged brembo wheels with semi decent tires.  Let me know if you are interested.  Asking price is $600 for both.

Vlad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO wheel question.   GRiSO wheel question. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO wheel question.
Page 1 of 1