GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear paddock stand

Go down 
+12
Laker
Oz1200Guzzi
Slo_Mo_Shun
Ahdammit
Grisonut
Uzidzit
Scot p
wardest
Steak
Pete Roper
beetle
sgw01
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Fairy-nuff!
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:40 pm

SPEIRMOOR wrote:
That link needs work here are pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For crying out loud, that's a beautiful Griiso afro
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:40 am

SPEIRMOOR wrote:
I have seven bikes in a one car garage

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:49 pm

I, er..um (phew!) Shocked  that... um, er GRiSO has (eek!) carburettors!  affraid  [wrends clothing]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:31 pm

whatsa matter Beetle - put you out of business???

DM
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Still got ignition though Mark
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Tony, are you confessing something via euphemism?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Got a reply from HT Moto that made the one pictured and it sounds like a one-off piece. Seems the wheel needs modifying also to make it work
Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Why can't you measure the hole in the centre of back wheel and a stand that suits (BMW, Ducati, MV) withe the same pin size.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:29 pm

sgw01 wrote:
Why can't you measure the hole in the centre of back wheel and a stand that suits (BMW, Ducati, MV) withe the same pin size.

That's what the guy at Chaparral was asking me "What is the pin size?"

But I still want/need the factory stand that goes under the tranny so I can pull then rear wheel off.

DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:36 pm

sgw01 wrote:
Because its not the size of the hole is the issue its the offset. Look at those other bikes and the hole is usually level with the edge of the rim. On the GRiSO its much deeper. The pin would need to be a good bit longer and the stands stance wider to make it work. I dont think theres a single sided conventional stand on the market that can do it.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:40 pm

good thing I am not very interested in a rear stand.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:43 pm

The elephant in the corner is that here is no hole in the center of the crownwheel on the CARC bevelbox.

That stand would require something fairlyrecisely machined the would work on the small hole in the wheel, (If there is one? I can't remember?)

Pete

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Theres one on the spoked models for sure and its pretty large
Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

SPEIRMOOR wrote:

Because its not the size of the hole is the issue its the offset. Look at those other bikes and the hole is usually level with the edge of the rim. On the GRiSO its much deeper. The pin would need to be a good bit longer and the stands stance wider to make it work. I dont think theres a  single sided conventional stand on the market that can do it.

If you look at the photo on page 2 there is an offset on the pin (I guess 30-40mm) of that stand
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:04 am

beetle wrote:
I have the Becker-Technik GRiSO Lifter: CLICKY

I enquired through their Australian business (CLICKY) but they referred me to their German store as they didn't have any in stock. It was a few bucks less than $150 shipped.

I ordered that one a week ago from Sport Touring in Wales, first call last week was not returned, this week I telephoned again and evidently it's out for delivery today.
Guzzibits reckon it has issues? can be problematic? I'd have ordered theirs but was almost twice the price and not available.
Most of the ones below on this thread either dont exist due to businesses giving up on Guzzi's or dont have fitting kits for the GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:12 am

The one thing I didn't like about it was that it only slips onto the bolt heads by maybe 2mm. I wasn't comfortable having 240kg of my favourite motorcycle held up by 4mm. I got some screws and had the heads machined down so the stand would fit right over them.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:31 pm

I use bobbins mounted under the rear footrests, which can be used when the footrests are sitting upwards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear paddock stand
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2