GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!

Go down 
+7
tocino
WAKEY
Canyon Carver
beetle
Pete Roper
bradbusa
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ScottMellor
Carlotto
Carlotto
ScottMellor

My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:33 pm

I thought I was gonna miss the "style" of communication from the Laverda forum.
It really does take a bunch of Antipodeans and Poms to get the level of snark and banter to my comfort level.
Is it just me, or does Pete's home town sound like one of Hogwarts Houses?
Thank you and carry on.

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Canyon Carver wrote:
...................... is you resent Todd because he blocks mention of your maps and this forum on his buisness's site.......

A Forum is an open discussion and shared ideas about what it's about...in that case, Guzzi bikes.
He should mention and put in prints on the first forum page that he's ALL business and business only, as he doesn't give a fuck about alternative stuff. Which in that case, isn't a Forum but a Gestapo monitored site since PM messages have nothing to do with "privacy"
That also, should be mentioned.No No
That way, guys like me would never have joined his site in the first place mkayyyyyy?
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
...The problem I have is that a lot of this stuff is BAD ENGINEERING and in some cases downright dangerous as well as the results sometimes being horribly expensive...

I don't like to pull stuff out of context, but the problem here is NO engineering. Everything is designed to fit and, in that respect, it is engineered. Nothing else is even considered in the development of GT products. "It will work better without the pretzel. That thing has to really restrict the exhaust." THAT'S the engineering that is done. Probably over a beer, but I don't want to give beer a bad name.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:11 pm

Unlikely, he doesn't drink. Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:27 am

it all seems to be down to a matter of preference really. some people have purchased GT products and are genuinely happy with their results. i can speak from personal experience that i spent a great deal of time setting up my bike regarding things the dealer neglected to do before delivery to me. Mark and i exchanged several emails back and forth regarding various aspects of engine tuning, etc.. i had one of his maps and personally wasnt all that happy with it. initially it felt like an improvement over stock, but i still had DANGEROUS amounts of overall cold start twitchiness. i had to wait a minimum of 10 minutes idling before i could even dream of leaving the garage. cold starts used to take multiple attempts(honest).
my head pipes turned WHITE within a matter of 500 miles, i am assuming from the massive amounts of heat(running wayyyy too lean?) and i had a pretty severe case of engine ping - using 93 octane. below 4500rpm i couldnt dream of whacking the throttle open, always had to be above 6k rpm. and below 4k rpm cruising was very twitchy.
this is not a question of Mark's tuning ability. he spent a great deal of time exhanging emails with me and i am grateful for the knowledge he shared. he clearly knows his way around these engines. i think a lot of this issues i experienced had to do with the fact that fuels in our country are quite different. there was also really no way to provide feedback in terms of data to Mark so that we could resolve these issues.
in time i grew tired of the finickiness of the bike and decided to give GT a shot.

first i started with the tuned ECU - a decision i felt was long overdue. immediately i noticed significantly better part throttle behavior, no more jerking and twitchiness. and full throttle had noticeably more power. cold starting was no longer an issue and i can ride the bike seconds after ignition.
it felt like what i thought a good stock bike should run like. then my PC-V and autotune modules arrived. HOLY SHIT! i didnt think this would make any improvements over the GT flashed ECU, boy was i wrong. i rode a few hundred miles, sent the trim values to Todd for review. i received an adjusted base map to flash to the PC about 2 days later. again, completely not expecting any improvements, and proven wrong yet again. as far as driveability is concerned, all issues i had previously were resolved.
i now have approx 5300 miles on my bone stock GRiSO and am EXTREMELY HAPPY. the bike is running strong, making tons of power, and has none of the issues i experienced with the stock 68 map or the tuned ecu.  all of my dealings with Todd have been nothing short of professional.
i am looking forward to purchasing the airbox mod and underbody exhaust. i have heard from other users who have made these purchases that it is like adding a 3rd cylinder!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Plenty of people all over the US using Mark's maps. The argument is s9urious I'm afraid. I have discovered that there are substantial differences in the profiles of the flat and roller cams and that is something that would of been contributory in a minor way to some qspecs of performance but it sounds more like a tuning issue.

glad you're happy.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Enjoy your journey, Brad.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Plenty of people all over the US using Mark's maps. The argument is s9urious I'm afraid.

fuel differences were the only thing i could imagine would be causing that kind of behavior on my bike. After getting my TB sync dialed in,l and the valves adjusted properly, the only thing that changed was todd's ecu. maybe i'm the only one who had issues? who knows. maybe other people dont know the difference and wouldn't be able to tell either way. Hell - most riders aren't even discerning enough to know the stock bike is fucked up until you tell them it is! what i do know is that a GT flashed ecu made all the difference in the world, and the PC-V and auto tune module furthered those advances. i can't be the only one who had those results, now can i?
the argument goes both ways. is EVERYONE happy with GT's products? no - again, it's all about preference, but there are only a few who consistently spread negative opinions and bad-mouth the guy.
my only complaint, no customer service phone line. other than that, i couldn't be happier
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:23 pm

And you reset the TPS and cleared the trims? Valves set at 6 & 8 thou?

Flat or roller engine?
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:27 pm

All of the above! It's a 2013. I made sure to specify numerous times. Rollers
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:44 am

Funny. I use the same crappy 10% ethanol crap that most people have to put up with in the U.S. and my wife's GRiSO SE runs like a scalded cat with Mark's map. Light years better than the stock map.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!   My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My GRiSO makes me an extra $3000.00 every month!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2