GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

TomTom GPS power port

Go down 
+11
GuzziSteve
Matias
kiwi dave
PJPR01
Grisonut
sidrat
diedel
pauldaytona
thornhillgriso
beetle
rboe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:41 am

Hi John,
Great, it is better that way.
I'm going to install the Quad-Lock setup below (with the vibration dampening and USB charger) in the central section of the handlebars. I already made a position check and it looks good. It doesn´t block the view to the dash also. It might interfere a bit with inserting and removing the ignition key, but that might be a way not to forget taking the phone with you when you leave:D ....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:55 am

I did it the same way. It works fine but this is not the best according to the size of phone.

If you have multiple device connected to your battery may I suggest this --> Thunderbox
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:37 am

Agree Richard, I use Fuzeblock hidden under rear of seat....
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:47 am

I used the UA 'replacement bar bolt' mounting - works for my layout (brake & clutch pots clutter) & means I just need a short lead to go from the double USB plug to the phone.

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:49 am

Clever mounting. Well done Wink

Noticed that you removed the snorkel to fit the Fuzeblock under the seat. Never understood how to remove that piece !
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11 am

You have to be careful with the mounting method. The vibrations caused at certain frequencies can damage the sensors in phones and affect image stabilisation for the camera.

Have a quick look at the quadlock video. I'm sure it's not just marketing...

Quadlock vibration damper

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:26 am

[quote="Richard"]I did it the same way. It works fine but this is not the best according to the size of phone.

My phone is not very big, so it won't block the view. But I will only keep the suport mounted while travelling. I like a clean dash Smile
The phone is the only device I have connected, and I will try to conect it to the pre-installed socket the GRiSO has for a satnav.

I have installed the anti-vibration component[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:36 am

The snorkel is just a pushed/wiggled in & out with lip shaped in rubber bit...

....Obviously removing it significantly reduces the 'backpressure' in the engine pushing power delivery to beyond 150 hp at idle clown
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:14 am

Thanks for the tip Paul Wink

@Mathias: are you sure GRiSO 1100 has a Satnav pre-installed socket ? If so, where is it located ?
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:08 am

Hi Richard,
You can see it in the first posts of this thread.
I found mine under the RH side panel, tuck behind the horn.
If you don't want to chop it off you should get a corresponding male plug. That's waht i did. I'm waiting for it to be delivered.
This socket only has power with the engine running.
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:00 am

Having just done this mod myself, I struggled with the mating connector. The wires from the USB were too large to fit into the back correctly, I couldn't get the connector pins to securely locate into the plastic housing, meaning they would be pushed out the back when the connection was made.
In the end, I got fed up and just snipped off the original connector and soldered and heat-shrinked the wires Laughing

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:30 am

If it gets too complicated I might get to that as well Laughing ....
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:41 am

Hi guys,

I finally got the male plug that matches that pre-installed socket.
I got me a tester and tried to check the tension on that socket.
I inserted the two contact pins (that come along with the plug kit) on the socket and touched both pins with the tester probes (red probe to contact 1).
First with the bike switched off - No tension, as expected
After with the engine running - also no tension....bad news...
I should get tension with the engine running (even idling, right?)
What can be wrong? Any fuse I should look at?

Thanks for your inputs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TomTom GPS power port   TomTom GPS power port - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

TomTom GPS power port
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2