GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Grip heaters for Grisos

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
remgitano
6 posters
AuthorMessage
remgitano
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
remgitano

Grip heaters for Grisos Empty
PostSubject: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Hello again, second post. I clicked on search, entered my topic, came up with nothing. So, my questions are the following: are the Stelvio hand guards and heated grips compatible with my '09 GRiSO? It appears that the hand guards are but what about the grip heaters? Our riding season here in Colorado can be a bit fickle but with adequate gear, I hope to extend my "Grisability". Anyone's real experience both in fitment, utilization, and/or worthy options would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:26 pm

I have to say I would recommend heated gloves over grips. GRiSO loom and dash don't have provision for factory grips. Oxfords fit with a bit of farting about but I'd say get a pair of Gerbings gloves.

Pete
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:47 pm

The stelvio hand guards work if you have the stock MCs and mirrors. The kit is affordable and comes with bar ends that are part of the connection. No not the most attractive but they do work.
Gerbings are nice as well, although I haven't used them on the G. Just the stelvio hand guards and winter gloves.

pictures in this thread.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by odder on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:13 pm

So how do you turn the buggers off and on?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:13 am

remgitano
Have Oxfords on my GRiSO not bad fitted ok.
Just put a pair of Heat Demon grip warmers on my DR Suzuki.
Good kit simple to fit and you choose the grip style you like.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:01 am

I don't have the hand guards, but I love my KOSO heated grips and Gerbings heated gloves, a must combination for our annual New Years Day Ride to Neah Bay, the northwesternmost town in the Continental U.S. As we ride year-round here, often in cold, wet weather, we're big proponents of heated gear.

BTW, I use my KOSOs at low heat even in warm weather, seems to help with the arthritis and carpal tunnels.

Snoqualmie Pass - March 2014
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Here's how I wired up a set of KOSO grip heaters.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
remgitano
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
remgitano

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks guys for the tips! My commute is about 15 miles (24kms) each way to work and am looking for reasonable solutions for my future early morning (0500) rides which could be in the 20's F as long as there is no ice on the road or snow in the forecast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grip heaters for Grisos   Grip heaters for Grisos Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Grip heaters for Grisos
Page 1 of 1