GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Grip glue removal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
glane5910
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
glane5910

Grip glue removal Empty
PostSubject: Grip glue removal   Grip glue removal Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:31 am

Ok, found the grips I like, put them on late in the afternoon. Went out to ride the next morning and found a couple of spots on the tank side cover that the dam glue had dripped on. Any thoughts on removing it? I've tried the Goo gone liquid but its not cutting it.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

Grip glue removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip glue removal   Grip glue removal Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:10 am

Perhaps with carefully heating it with a hairdryer until it's consistance gets a little bit softer and you may be able to pull it away.

Second option is to cut the nubsies away with a sharp cutter knife and leaving a small rest for the finishing with a dremel tool.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Grip glue removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip glue removal   Grip glue removal Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Try WD40 or similar
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Grip glue removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip glue removal   Grip glue removal Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:56 am

Try a bug and tar remover. I have some from Turtle Wax and it was the only product that effectively got tree sap off my car hood. Might have to compound and definitely wax after using as it may affect the top layer of the finish. If you're really concerned go to a reputable auto detailer. Whatever you decide I'd do it soon before the glue etches the paint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grip glue removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip glue removal   Grip glue removal Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Grip glue removal
Page 1 of 1