GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Grip thoughts?

Go down 
+2
Papa Lazarou
nwreed
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nwreed
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwreed

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey all,

I've been experiencing a bunch of hand/arm numbness the last month or so, to the point where I can hardly ride (let alone less important things like hold a pencil or type =). Finally went in for it and after a couple of MRI's and various other fun tests I got a diagnosis of severe carpal tunnel and a recommendation for surgery, in talking with the Neuro he strongly suggested that I look into cushioned grips and bar vibration dampers when I get back to riding. Does anyone here have any recommendations for grips or dampers that they like? I've got a set of Mana bars on the bike currently and never thought it was particularly buzzy but am going to need to do everything I can to cut it down anyway. Thoughts?

Caleb
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good tips here
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:59 pm

Grip Puppies.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
nwreed
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwreed

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate them.

Caleb
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Forgot to ask, did you swap the bar end weights to the Mana bars?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:24 pm

After breaking my hand just over a year ago (old age notwithstanding), I found that I needed better cushioning on the grips and a reduction in handlebar vibration. I've about doubled my riding time by adding Grab On Grip Covers and installing a Throttlemeister with the heavy option. I hope this helps you extend your time in the saddle.
Back to top Go down
nwreed
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwreed

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Beetle - I did move over the bar end weights.

Thanks for all the great ideas all!
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:44 pm

I like the Oury grips..a bit on the "jelly" side but I've always used them on my mountain bikes and my Honda 599 as I too suffer from pins and needles in my fingers and they definitely seem to help.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Heated grips are a must.

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
nwreed
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwreed

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys. I mounted a set of heated grips and just put grip puppies over em this past weekend. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, heading in for surgery on both arms next week so will be a while before I get a chance to see if the grip puppies and heater helps. Stupid surgery right in the middle of Seattle sunshine. Will be back to suicide grey skies by the time I get to ride again. grrrr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grip thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grip thoughts?   Grip thoughts? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Grip thoughts?
Page 1 of 1