GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Another oncoming tappet failure?

Go down 
+18
Lenz9753
Cereal KLR
LBC Tenni
mark111
Ralf z
John Lyon
beetle
klaas123
little750
yrunvs
Lemppari
Grisonut
Tolle09
pauldaytona
FreshEgg
Pete Roper
pkroupa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
jretanacr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jretanacr

Another oncoming tappet failure? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Another oncoming tappet failure? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:14 pm

I just did the rollerization to my bike. I think it is heating up more than before. Smoke comes out from these gaskets on the exhaust. Also discovered some damages to a hose (not sure it is related). I appreciate any opinion or comment.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Another oncoming tappet failure? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:27 pm

It shouldn't run hot. Do you know if they changed the map? (They shouldn't have). Might be worth checking the valve clearances. That braided hose comes from the blow-by box under the steering head, IIRC.

Also, (assuming the a factory map), pull your main fuses for a few minutes, or disconnect the battery, to reset the autolearning parameters.

The screws on the midpipe might just need a nip-up. You need to remove the heat shield to tighten them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Another oncoming tappet failure? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 am

Hard to tell from the angle photo taken, but isn't that braided hose in the pic from the oil cooler?

I'll wander down to the Moto Grappa to admire my GRiSO take a look to confirm or not. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Another oncoming tappet failure? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 am

Nah Bill, that's the condensate return pipe to the sump. It doesn't take much pressure and the *braid* is really only a minor form of insulation. At some point it would be worth taking it to a hose place and getting the hose replaced but it's unlikely to cause a sudden, catastrophic, failure.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Another oncoming tappet failure? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:45 am

^^^^^^

Sigh.

My fate when I wander into the technorealm. Embarassed

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Another oncoming tappet failure? - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Another oncoming tappet failure?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5