GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Cryptic Dashboard...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Cryptic Dashboard... Empty
PostSubject: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:07 am

Gentlemen,
I have had a brilliant weekend.
I was 'forced' to ride 4 x 200km over 4 days by my beautiful wife, back and forth from the beach house to home...
However, after the last reasonably spirited 120km or so, I slowed/warmed down for a few clicks, switched off, and went for coffee.
Came back, got ready to roll, and was greeted (after the dash light disco) with the red triangle of grief and the bold SERVICE suggestion...
Forgot  clown that this may be the serious one - its been a while since I saw the spanner... and punted the 70k home at highway+ speeds Twisted Evil
sitting in the garage now, went in to clear the code, switched her on, no triangle and no warning, went in and found no ECU errors logged, but some dashboard errors...maybe...possibly...

this is what is displayed:

--       A     M
01      0     X
02      0     X
03      0     0
04      0     X
05      0     0
06      0     0
07      0     X
08      0     X  

looking through the manual and the panel errors are discussed, but not in this format ( insert surprised look here).
any one have info on the above?
I understand the triangle/SERVICE can be an irregular regularity for some steeds, but this is a first for my Gootsie.

standing by for collective wisdom...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:18 am

7 & 8 mean that you didn't pre-fill your oil filter. 1 & 4 I can't remember offhand but they are memorised not active. Clear them and see if they come back. If not wgaf?

Pete
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:09 am

how dare you!....'didn't pre-fill the oil filter', a vital but basic step in the process, no-one leaves this step out! Suspect whatever... of course I did Embarassed (they know they know.... Shocked  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  monkey)

Thanks Pete, you're on the money - as usual... I see now... Active and Memorised...
book says 1 is "key code read but not recognised"... 2 is "key code not read (key not present or transponder not working)".. .
this is the original key, so maybe from the shop floor? I've never been into this bit before, so who knows how long its been there.
Number 4 is "failure of internal controller"... that would be from disconnecting the ECU for an expensive reflash in 2009 I guess??

(and as noted, 7 and 8 are oil sensor, and oil pressure failure, respectively, for those who may, or may not, start their machines with an airlock in the oil system)

Oh, and guilty as charged, the evidence is particularly damning! insert hanging head, shuffling feet, averted eyes... oh the shame!
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Apologies for re starting an old thread. Just serviced my 12 plate GRiSO and when resetting the service code I noticed the DSB 08 Mem x on the dashboard errors. Now when servicing I haven’t yet changed the oil filter as having issues removing, so what does this code mean in layman’s?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Dashboard codes 7 & 8 relate to oil pressure faults but both will quite often appear after oil and especially filter changes if the filter is not pre filled.

In your case the filter hasn't been removed but the system will still take a couple of seconds to prime up and this can be quite enough for it to throw a code.

Don't worry unduly unless it comes back in normal service.
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks for the reply. Could it mean slightly low oil pressure ie not enough oil in the sump? Should I try deleting the errors and see if they come back on?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:47 pm

No, it's not a quantity warning it's a pressure warning. You do understand how the lubrication circuit functions and how plain bearings work? This is not me having a cheap shot, a lot of people simply don't understand these things and think that the oil just sloshes around in the engine to 'Make things slippery'. If you don't understand I can explain it quite easily and it makes things a whole lot clearer and easier to understand.

Pete
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Yes, please explain. I understand that the oil doesn’t just sit to lube stuff up, so an explanation would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:00 pm

OK, gotta go to work right now but I'll return to this in a couple of hours, bear with me.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Might start another thread on this one.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Dashboard...   Cryptic Dashboard... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cryptic Dashboard...
Page 1 of 1