12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Electric gremlin: HELP!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

Electric gremlin: HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:41 am

I just recharged the battery of my 2010 GRiSO 1200 8V overnight. This morning I went to start the beast and start it did. Except for warning lights, tacho and speedo, which stayed dead. Except for a spanner and a text L D04 HZ. Parking lights are on, the horn works but nothing else.

Owners manual tells me to take the bike to an authorized Guzzishop. As I have some 400 k's there, I'd rather ask you guys if there is something I can do myself. Oh, and I have the Guzzidiag at my disposal but lacking know-how (no-how Shocked )

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:59 am

a or b fuse ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 am

A good one but no, fuses were the first to be checked. AND, there's the code in big letters and the service prompt in the LCD. I reckon the unit is still connected but there is some sort of malfunction.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Are you saying the engine starts? If so, it can really only be dash failure of some sort.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GR1064
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GR1064

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Looks like Beetle is on the right track.

see this link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brian
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

Thanks Brian, that was just what I feared! Ok, now I just need to source a replacement....
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Electric gremlin: HELP!   Electric gremlin: HELP! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Before this, I would check connections and open it. In some cases, moisture was inside and destroyed some internal connections. I would not replace it before having had a glimpse inside, maybe the gremlin could be seen immediately.
Back to top Go down

Electric gremlin: HELP!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: