GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO dashboard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rubbersoul1991
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
rubbersoul1991

GRiSO dashboard Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO dashboard   GRiSO dashboard Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:27 am

Hi there

I have a 2012 GRiSO 1200 SE. Unfortunately the LCD in the dash is starting to "bleed out" to black and obscure the speed reading and the odometer. I have found some new ones on-line at about 900 Euro which is pretty pricey. A repairer here in Australia may be able to repair it, but maybe not. The repairer claims they can copy my data across to a donor unit.

If anyone is aware of a secondhand dash up for sale I would appreciate a note.

Many thanks

Phil
Darwin, NT, Au.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO dashboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dashboard   GRiSO dashboard Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:00 am

There was a recent post covering just this. There is apparently someone who can re-screen our dashes! Do a search. Also someone else did it themselves with a screen from a second hand dash that was otherwise useless due to an unknown user code.

Be aware there are places that advertise dash repairs in Oz who do in fact just send them off to Carmo in Europe and as I understand it they can identify past user codes etc. but can't actually perform screen repairs. Worth enquiring about that as otherwise they just send off your dash and then whack a big premium on Carmo's price.

On another matter? As a 2012 are you certain you have a roller motor? And in Darwin getting to the swingarm bearings and shock linkage for greasing should have been a very high priority!
Back to top Go down
rubbersoul1991
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
rubbersoul1991

GRiSO dashboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dashboard   GRiSO dashboard Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:56 pm

Thanks Pete

The repairer I've gone with seems optimistic it can be repaired so we'll see. I didn't know about Carmo so that's all news. Failing that I'll dig back through the posts. I am okay with purchasing a new one if it comes to that. I'll be keeping the bike for years to come.

The bike had the rockers and suspension linkage replaced some years back. The bike was completely dismantled last year and all bearings and linkages were greased and serviced. It rides like a new one and is very fast.

It shares a shed with a 1972 Eldorado and 2011 V7 Racer so I have bikes to ride while the dash is in hospital.

Cheers, Phil
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO dashboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dashboard   GRiSO dashboard Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:16 pm

I've got one in stock if you need one. €880 so whatever that translates to in $AU.
Back to top Go down
rubbersoul1991
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
rubbersoul1991

GRiSO dashboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dashboard   GRiSO dashboard Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:42 pm

Great to know. Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO dashboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dashboard   GRiSO dashboard Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:04 pm

This was the person we got told about who effected a decent repair for a similar problem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO dashboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO dashboard   GRiSO dashboard Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO dashboard
Page 1 of 1