GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Turn Signals & Mirrors

Go down 
+15
Canyon Carver
LBC Tenni
Pete Roper
beetle
Enzo the baker
Steak
NorthBayGriso
Grisonut
Uzidzit
bioman
DungeonMaster
TalkingGriso
cjlewis610
Oca
ecs
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Turn Signals & Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Not even sure why I am doing it but am thinking of updating the turn signals and mirrors on my Tenni SE.  The Rizoma's look the best to me but I have never seen any in the flesh.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At the moment, looking at the anodised black Rizoma Action on the front -

Zero or Zero 11 on the rear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

then again, the Drop in black look interesting as well... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had settled on the Elisse in black for the mirrors

but now I see the Veloce Naked (new for 2014) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Has anyone seen any good combinations?
Back to top Go down
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:47 am

The turn signals look great. As far as the mirrors go, I am quite happy with them.
Back to top Go down
cjlewis610
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
cjlewis610

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 1:53 pm

I just installed the Rizoma Zero 11's front and rear. The stalks on the stock lights seemed to have dried out and 1 finally broke.  I wanted to try the Rizoma's so I gave it a shot.

Per the instructions, I installed 1 resistor per light and they do get pretty warm after 1 minute or so of flashing.  The only difficult piece was deciding where and how to mount the front resistors.  Overall I'd say they were very well made and supplied with good hardware which I can't say for some of the other vendors I've seen.

I did use the aluminum blocks from the stock lights to mount the signals in the front.

In all I am glad I tried them but if I break one or two I may go back to stock lights as the GRiSO actually has good looking ones in my opinion.

I'll try to get a few pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by cjlewis610 on Thu May 29, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a link to a pic)
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Fri May 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Very trick!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 7:10 am

One of my "compadres" on apriliaforum put Rizoma's on his GRiSO and he loves them.
Better view back than stock.

DM
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:53 am

For some ergonomic/bodytype reason I mainly see my arms when I look in my (stock) mirrors. I was considering swapping them for bar end mirrors, thinking that they will at least provide a wider view. Does anyone have experience with these?  Pros & cons?

Examples see:

and

and

Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:13 am

"whats behind you is of no consequence" Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:38 am

bioman wrote:
For some ergonomic/bodytype reason I mainly see my arms when I look in my (stock) mirrors. I was considering swapping them for bar end mirrors, thinking that they will at least provide a wider view. Does anyone have experience with these?  Pros & cons?

Examples see:

and

and

I have the cheap brand from Cycle Gear here in the US...They look like the Corsa ones in your first picture.
They work fine and you don't see your shoulder anymore. lol
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Uzidzit wrote:
"whats behind you is of no consequence" Laughing 

OK Raul Julia!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:11 pm

sorry for the mis quote I think he actually said "the first rule of Italian driving is whats behind me is not important"

bit I always loved that line
Back to top Go down
NorthBayGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
NorthBayGriso

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:58 pm

I have Rizoma bar-end mirrors, primarily because I have big ol' LED lights occupying my mirror mounting points. I like the Rizomas, they provide a stable, wide-perspective rear- and side-view. But you really have to take your eyes off what is in front of you to use them.

bioman wrote:

Examples see:

and

and

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:10 pm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Steak wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

That is a real classic indeed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:27 pm

Actually that quote came from the original 1960's movie "Grand Prix". A F1 driver was screaming up a mountain in an Alpha Spyder or similar, impressing a young beauty. Not some fat bloke with a beard.

And the correct phrase with Italian accent is;
"Wotsa behinda me, duzza nota matta"!

That phrase has impacted me since I was a young boy, and has become my understanding of true Italian engineering. As in, they only waste time making mirrors coz some gummint boffin says you have to. Wota duzza matta is da suspension, brakes, chassis and engine.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Fantastic movie!

Rest In Peace "Rockford"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:31 pm

My favorite quote by an Italian: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Mario Andretti

I remember the mid 60's when Hollywood was into making some pretty good racing movies. Steve McQueen and James Garner were drivers masquerading as actors. Le Mans was a great flick as was Gran Prix.

"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Wow, I never expected this much wisdom and (truly remarkable & VERY funny!) quotes after asking an innocent question about mirrors!   Smile 

But...to come back to the mundane topic of mirrors:  I guess you all (except for Grisonut & NorthBayGriso) find this just not very interesting and/or are happy with the functionality of the stock mirrors?

I probably should take a chance - just order a pair and hope for the best. I will let you know the result!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Mirrors? Stock mirrors are yucky-poo. The chrome ones, that is. I tried some of some sort of Aprilia mirrors which were excellent but still stuck out in an unpleasant, completely functional way.

I have ebay Rizoma knock-offs that allow me to see what's behind rapidly dwindling, even if it is of no consequence. What did Pete call them? Gynecologist's speculums?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Yup! I personally think they're hideous! Very Happy thing is I'm also not a fan of bar-ends either, not only do they make the bike look wide and somehow *Squat* but I find tha titis distracting to look at them when riding.

I agree the chrome horrors fitted to the non-SE variants were awful, the sadly departed Todd Haven once famously said of them "Goddam things, if I sit at my desk, (He was 'Mr. Parts' at MPH in Houston.) I can hear the god-damned lenses buzzing in their housings on the shelf!" They buzz and blur and are awful!

I'm really very happy with the Aprilia mirrors though as fitted to SE's and most current 'Prillas. They work, look OK, don't cost a fortune and don't blur.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:51 am

bioman wrote:
find this just not very interesting and/or are happy with the functionality of the stock mirrors?

No, not exactly.
They could be better, they could be worse.
Do I want better? Yes.
Am I going to get better? Yes.
It's just not the next item on my list.

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:07 am

Another vote for the Aprilia mirrors standard on the SE.  I also put them on my 1100s because the chrome versions were not only crappy, but they look like shite.

I also did the CRG lane splitters on the bar ends for a spate, but I much prefer the black Aprilia mirrors.

Most of the stuff from Rizoma just doesn't do it for me, the styling is a bit too contrived for my taste, overdone I guess that I'd call it.  Their mirrors look like "designer" plumbing fixtures to me.  Sometimes less is more.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:12 am

One of the weirdest things with the original 'Chrome' mirrors was on my first trip to the beach on my first GRiSO they rusted! How in the name of all that's holy can plastic rust???

Pete
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 pm

I've heard that the waters off Australia are wild and unforgiving, but rusting plastic? That's a new one!  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
One of the weirdest things with the original 'Chrome' mirrors was on my first trip to the beach on my first GRiSO they rusted! How in the name of all that's holy can plastic rust???

Pete

Well the arm and base of the mirrors are metal as you know...
The mirror itself is plastic but the copper coating under the chrome might start to corrode if the nickel plating is not of great quality.
If it really is rust, then the only thing I can think of is that the bike was exposed to metal shavings, like someone grinding something in front of the bike but you'll have it all over the front as well, not the mirrors only.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Oh it may not of actually been 'Rust' but it sure as shit looked like it Very Happy. Really though, bloody pathetic, even by low Italian standards for artificial 'Chrome' finishes.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Turn Signals & Mirrors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next