GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Turn Signals & Mirrors

Go down 
+15
Canyon Carver
LBC Tenni
Pete Roper
beetle
Enzo the baker
Steak
NorthBayGriso
Grisonut
Uzidzit
bioman
DungeonMaster
TalkingGriso
cjlewis610
Oca
ecs
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Pete I agree but something could have contaminated the plastic like some kind of chemicals.
I have a customer (I own a body shop) that took is car for detailing and a noob must have used some funky product on the chrome plastic trim because it looked really bad a week later and it would not come back to its original finish, ouch!
The detail shop had to replace the bad items for free on that car...
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm

they were just made by the same vendor as the shite clip nuts they feel compelled to use...ps if any one needs GOOD clip nuts I keep them on hand
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:10 pm

[quote="NorthBayGriso"]I have Rizoma bar-end mirrors, primarily because I have big ol' LED lights occupying my mirror mounting points.  I like the Rizomas, they provide a stable, wide-perspective rear- and side-view.  But you really have to take your eyes off what is in front of you to use them.

I dislike bar-ends for this reason. They sure look cool though. Had them on my Thruxton and Monster and had a hard time using them because I had to glance down and out. Me no like. No 
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:21 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I'm really very happy with the Aprilia mirrors though as fitted to SE's and most current 'Prillas. They work, look OK, don't cost a fortune and don't blur.

Steak wrote:
Another vote for the Aprilia mirrors standard on the SE.  I also put them on my 1100s because the chrome versions were not only crappy, but they look like shite.

I don't really mind the chrome versions, but they just don't work very well for me.  Are these: LINK the Aprilia mirrors you use?  They are certainly inexpensive!  Do they just fit or is some conversion bracket/nut required?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Yep. They bolt straight on.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:39 am

Those Ape mirrors are the same as my old oem shiver mirrors. There were plenty on ebay last time i looked - they are also identical oem mirrors on the BMW F800 R, and prices are quite cheap. I think they all come out of Taiwan or someplace similar.

My G came with bar-ends that I am struggling to like for all of the reasons mentioned above. If I go back to something like the Ape mirrors I will also need some bar-end weights - any suggestions? ATM I have no vibe issues with the bars.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 am

I have no distraction problems with my bar-ends...
The best scenario would be to have two cameras at the back also aimed at killing the blind spots with a screen in front of you to show what's behind you.
It can be rigged...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:34 am

My clip-ons look like I have to do some bar-end mods or replacement too.
After I take care of my oil pump.

DM
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:37 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I'm really very happy with the Aprilia mirrors though as fitted to SE's and most current 'Prillas. They work, look OK, don't cost a fortune and don't blur.

Steak wrote:
Another vote for the Aprilia mirrors standard on the SE.  I also put them on my 1100s because the chrome versions were not only crappy, but they look like shite.

cheers OK, final update: received the Aprilia mirrors a few days ago, and not only do they look better, the difference is enormous: finally I can see what is behind me without moving my arms out of the way.  The quality of the mirror itself also seems better.
Back to top Go down
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:41 am

bioman wrote:
For some ergonomic/bodytype reason I mainly see my arms when I look in my (stock) mirrors. I was considering swapping them for bar end mirrors, thinking that they will at least provide a wider view. Does anyone have experience with these?  Pros & cons?

Examples see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

and

That corsa mirrors are crap. Dont buy them. Rust will appear soon...
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:18 am

I have the rizoma's on my GRiSO.  I like them.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:37 am

bioman wrote:
For some ergonomic/bodytype reason I mainly see my arms when I look in my (stock) mirrors. I was considering swapping them for bar end mirrors, thinking that they will at least provide a wider view. Does anyone have experience with these?  Pros & cons?

Examples see:

and

and

I have had issues with the same type of barend that is shown in the corsaspeedspeed shop .com
the little rivets come loose and the mirror rattles around eventually ...
don't BUY EM ...

I have barends on all my bikes , they work much better for me than stock and I like the way they clean up the looks of the front end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn Signals & Mirrors   Turn Signals & Mirrors - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Turn Signals & Mirrors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2