GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Smoother clutch operation

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
Grisonut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Smoother clutch operation Empty
PostSubject: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:31 am

I just got my 2013 Black Devil and I love it of course. Smile Smile Smile 

First thing I noticed is how easy/soft the clutch lever is to operate and I love that.
It is a real mofo on the 09, I was contemplating a radial master cylinder as a solution.

Do the newer bikes have a different clutch disc/pressure plate or does the M/Cylinder has a bigger piston maybe?
Because there is a huge difference...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:12 am

Different pressure plate/spring. Changed late in 2010 from memory.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks for giving me reason to want to trade up from my 2007 1100..
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Your 2 valver uses the old multi-spring twin plate which should be fairly light. It was the early 4 valvers that had the 'Clutch spring from hell'. Having said that it has never really worried me as I don't do a lot of city work. Also I used to work on Laverdas. If you want to find out what a REAL clutch feels like? Try a clutch on a Jota! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:18 pm

I have owned a couple SF2's and an RGA.
The SF2 is THE BEST motorcycle EVER made. I love it as much as life itself.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
Thanks for giving me reason to want to trade up from my 2007 1100..

It ain't bad at all on the 1100, lol.
Try the early 4V like Pete says and you'll love yours. Wink 
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:22 pm

While I may yearn for a 1200 8V I am very happy with my 2007 1100.
DAMN fine machine.

DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:22 am

Late last season my '09 developed a very stiff and "mushy" feeling clutch pull, accompanied by very hard shifts. Suspecting some sort of internal woes, off to the local guru it went, for what I thought would be an expensive visit... I felt pretty stupid when he took apart the lever assembly and saw that the lever had started to chew into the housing. Apparently a small bushing had come adrift, and it was simply friction due to metal shavings in the action.... Cleaned up, lubed and now good as new. Which admittedly is not as nice my buddy's '11 Tenni, but not bothersome by any means.
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Go ride a LMI in urban traffic. You'll grow a pair, or cry for mama to come gitya.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:21 am

As pete said,Ive got a laverda and you will only ride it in traffic once,Never found a heavier clutch(unless you know different???)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoother clutch operation   Smoother clutch operation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Smoother clutch operation
Page 1 of 1