GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbikerrick
Carlotto
Carlotto
bigbikerrick

Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO   Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Hello Folks , I have a question about my new to me 2017 GRiSO. Is it normal for the starter button to operate where you just press it momentarily,and the bike decides how long to keep it engaged, until the engine starts? I have seen that in cars , that have a push button on the dash,but never in a motorcycle. Maybe I have been spending too much time around old Guzzis,and need to come outof the "stone age"! LOL.

Another question, I just finished installing a Koso Thunderbolt LED headlight according to the suggestions by a forum member, on putting it in the stock shell, the only problem I have had is when I hook up the central "daytime running light" to the 2 wires that went to the little city light in the stock headlight, my "D" fuse blows,and the bike wont start. when I disconnect this little light all is well. The headlight High/low beam portion works perfect. Any ideas?
Thanks
Rick.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO   Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:25 am

1. Yes. That's normal, and designed as such.

2. Too much load? The "city light" switches off once the engine is running. Run them from another source. If you're not using the GPS connector, try that. It's only powered once the engine is running.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bigbikerrick
Carlotto
Carlotto
bigbikerrick

PostSubject: Re: Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO   Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:29 am

Thank you Beetle, you "hit the nail on the head" Sir! It was the load from that running light blowing the fuse. All is well now. Smile
Rick.
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO   Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:11 am

I suspect you have another problem. Fuse D does not power the city light, and the city light does not go off when the engine is running, at least according to the 1200's wiring diagram. The wiring diagrams of the 1100 and 1200 are identical in this respect, so I confirmed those two statements on my bike by looking at the city light while the engine was running, and then by pulling fuse D and observing that the light stayed on. I suppose the 1200's wiring could have been changed along the way by the factory. Barring that, I'd expect your problem might recur.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO   Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:31 am

Not sure if it's similar problem but the two wires going to the parking/sidelight/small bulb consist of one that is a direct short link into headlamp feed & other is the switchable wire going back to ignition/ECU. I think the LED headlamps manage the feed 'splice' internally for the day running & headlamp; so if you connect all the OEM wires into the back of the LED, you can easily upset it............. I managed to make the daylight 'WHITE angel eye' run extreme bright ORANGE by connecting all the OEM wires into the 'matching number of LED input wires'...... 'helpdesk' told me I should only use one of the daylight wires .....pity they don't have any instructions that come with the headlamp to tell you in first place.
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO   Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:56 am

Regarding the GRiSO propensity to occasionally trip a fuse at the most inconvenient time.
Found these on wish.
(Cheapo Chinese online site) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO   Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Starter operation, and "D" fuse question 2017 GRiSO
Page 1 of 1