GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Guzzi Handouts

Go down 
+5
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
Guzzi Cat
Street
sidrat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:44 am

So, just back from the Bike show at the NEC in Birmingham, UK.

Lots of V7's in a row (10) with 5 customer that they were asking to vote for i guess they are looking for a special to run.

One each of the V9's, no one seemed interested while i was on the stand.

The batmobile bike was there, not my cup of tea but no other 1400's, not even a  California,

And then on its own one 1200 bike, luckily it was a GRiSO, no Norge or Stelvio, spent time talking to people who were sitting on it.

However the reason for the post was one of the handouts, see piccy below, 50 things that every biker should know. If that was the case, why produce a booklet? or does it reflect the new Guzzi rider, who knows f*ck all but with a little reading can hold a conversation with those motorcycle folk who do? Some of the headings are too embarrassing to list, but i still might!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 am

sidrat wrote:
So, just back from the Bike show at the NEC in Birmingham, UK...The batmobile bike was there...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Was there last week as well, not very impressed with the Guzzi stand. The GRiSO did look good stood there by itself though,  a shame if it's going to be the last time. Disappointing that the Stelvio or Norg were not there! I'd leave the batbike for batman, not for me, dont like all that carbon fibre either!

I did like the v7 scrambler in its colour scheme.

The Triumph stand had a few nice bikes, the new Thruxton and Tiger 8oo XR caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:19 pm

In an attempt to become mainstream, I suspect Piaggio have dropped the ball - and it broke (or will)
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:37 pm

"A lifetime of experience you can pass off as your own". What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Piaggio's new slogan? 'Moto Guzzi, the motorcycle of psueds!'

God help os.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Written by the same schizoid hipster that wrote all the dross for the V9's.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:31 pm

total shit - Boom tish
Back to top Go down

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:26 pm

We of the Ghetto are to become the next generation of fossilized geriatric retards on our outdated vintage Guzzi's, they will only relieve me of my Bella when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Gee's, I haven't even upgraded to a modern 8V yet.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:01 am

Street wrote:
sidrat wrote:
So, just back from the Bike show at the NEC in Birmingham, UK...The batmobile bike was there...

That's the one street!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:10 am

OK, so these were the subjects, 1 per page, they honesty make me puke, to think this is what they really think of me as a customer and the answer to them all is "no shit sherlock"

- New Tyres are slippy
- Helmets need trying on
- Never lose your keys again
- Watch the TT from the perfect spot
- Strap your bike down properly
- Microwave your gloves
- Balance a milk bottle under your bike cover
- Crack a visor and smell for diesel
- place your helmet on your gloves when you take it off
- Learn how to survive on a road trip
- Write the perfect classified ad
-Wash your bike in ten minutes
- pick up a fallen bike
- know the history of your manufacturer!!!!!!!!!!!
- enjoy a busy city ride
- Ride an unknown road
- Get the perfect start from the lights
- Survive a fast false neutral
- Park your bike on grass
- price up a foreign trip in seconds
- Ride when you're tired
- Spec the perfect bike
- Push a friends empty bike to a petrol station
- Sneak a ride on a family holiday!!!
- turn any conversation into one about motorcycles
- lose with some dignity

ok bored now
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:11 am

I just thought that maybe the Ghetto should have an introduction to riding the GRiSO

1/ Just get on the fucking thing and cane it!
2/ Repeat 1
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:08 am

sidrat wrote:
I just thought that maybe the Ghetto should have an introduction to riding the GRiSO

2/ Repeat 1

That looks like sensible advice but since it didn't mention male grooming products or bad cigarettes and faux beer it's obviously not worthy of consideration.

I strongly suggest that you prepare yourself for a marketing suckfest in the pommy Spring. Luckily we won't give a shit as we will be flogging the tits off our GRiSO's, (And hopefully Tony's Sport and Mal's V7 and even possibly Wayne's Belagio!) over the desert and into the Flinders ranges and be apprehended by the fun police for being total arses! Twisted Evil Very Happy
Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 am

sidrat wrote:
Street wrote:
sidrat wrote:

That's the one street!!!!!!

I made this up and sent it to Dave Richardson at Moto International in Seattle as kind of an inside joke prior to the visit by the MG design and marketing mucky mucks back in May. He framed it and had it hanging on the wall when Miguel Galluzzi and his posse came through. No one said anything, but they couldn't have missed it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:38 pm

sidrat wrote:

2/ Repeat 1

With Pete's idea for a mild correction:

1)Here; hold my Fosters while I get on this fucking think and cane it!

2)Another swig of Fosters, then back to #1.........
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Please replace "Fosters" with your beverage of choice. Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:52 pm

No Aussie would be caught dead drinking Fosters.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:53 pm

I figured as soon as I hit Send that some Aussie would complain about Fosters. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:35 pm

whats the beers of choice then?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:50 pm

I like craft beers, but if I'm at the pub I like a black beer. On tap, Toohey's Old is my preferred. Carlton Black if there's nothing else. Fat Yak for a nice hoppy beer.  Any James Squire. Bottled I like White Rabbit Dark Ale, or Nail Stout. Actually, I'll pretty much drink anything. Even VB in a pinch.

Oh yeah, I like Cider as well......

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:52 pm

I don't drink, so I could have suggested Hamm's beer and be none the wiser. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:54 pm

When I'm in the US, I drink any of the local micro brewery stuff. In Mikwaukee, I usually drink Leinenkugels.

I like Samuel Adams as well.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:15 pm

i like beer ...free beer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:38 pm

beetle wrote:
No Aussie would be caught dead drinking Fosters.

You won't catch me dead drinking Budweiser, nasty shit there, yuck! And same for any light beers...
I'll have a Foster gladly before any of those cheap wanna be beers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guzzi Handouts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Handouts   Guzzi Handouts Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Guzzi Handouts
Page 1 of 1