GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Omnis wrote:
11 C today in Toronto, and looking good for the rest of the week. Amazing for this time of the year.
Time to go check on GRiSO and reinstall the battery from the trickle charge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In true guzzisti fashion, a belt and suspenders! geek

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Big CONGRATULATIONS to Street on his replacement GRiSO!

Once again, all is right in the world...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:38 pm

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Love the White GRiSO's cheers  I had a choice of Black, black or black when I bought mine, or a 6 month wait for red or white. So black it was !
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:14 pm

I could get a black, white or Tenni. I chose black. Make of that what you will. Suspect

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:29 am

beetle wrote:
I could get a black, white or Tenni. I chose black. Make of that what you will. Suspect

You like back! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ahdammit
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ahdammit

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:28 am

little750 wrote:
Took the GRiSO for a bit of a run it was quite cold 6C and the roads were covered in salt. The picture is on a road called the Lang Whang. The road is known colloquially as the "Lang Whang",[2] a whang in the Scots tongue being a narrow strip of leather, usually a long leather bootlace.[3] Much of the road is over elevated, desolate moorland; it ascends several times on its course to heights over 1000 feet above sea level. Because the wind enjoys an easy and uninterrupted passage over its length, in winter the road is frequently closed by snow, even by modest snowfalls. The road passes elevated farmland and grouse moor and presents extensive views over central Scotland to the north. This view is to the south and you can see there is still snow on the hills.

Carnwath tae Embra? Jeez your bringing back memories now. Does it still have the snow poles along it?
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:47 am

Didn't notice if they were there or not to busy watching for salt bundles mid corner and the sun was in my eyes. You sound as if you know the area.
Back to top Go down
Ahdammit
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ahdammit

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:05 am

Born in Glasgow, lived in Lanark for 10 years or so, loads of friends all over that area. It's a cracking road in the summer, combine it with a spin down to the Meggat loch then over to Moffat and back past the Devils' Beef Tub, a rare day out. Lunch at the Tibbie Sheils Inn at St Mary's Loch where Sir Walter Scott used to hang out.
Had an "interesting" experience many years ago returning from a parts run to Edinburgh on the Lang Whang., the afternoon brought heavy snow and 4 of us in a Reliant Robin van of all things. The snow poles (used as markers to show where the road goes when it really comes down) were only sticking up above the surface about 6 inches or so for a good stretch, they're normally about a yard high from the road surface. If the stupid little car was any heavier, we'd have got stuck, but we could manhandle it through / over the deeper drifts. Soaked to the bone and freezing, we eventually managed to make it to Carnwath and stopped at the pub for soup and whisky. Thank god they had a big fire going.
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 am

Steak wrote:
Omnis wrote:
11 C today in Toronto, and looking good for the rest of the week. Amazing for this time of the year.

In true guzzisti fashion, a belt and suspenders!  geek

Only way to get the soddin' battery out without bending shit !!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Have the same idea as far as straps. Pull straight out, done. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:44 pm

After two afternoons of "desalting" my sweet redhead, I took it out for its first real post-rollerized romp.

Lordy, I love that beast.

Unfortunately, I have to be in Atlanta the next 10 days.   But soon ...  cheers  

Bill
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Omnis wrote:
Steak wrote:
Omnis wrote:

In true guzzisti fashion, a belt and suspenders!  geek

Only way to get the soddin' battery out without bending shit !!

Exactly! This will be a mod and hopefully I can find it in the proper red color. Well played!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Go lithium. It's even easier and a helluva lot lighter.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

Phwooar!  Bill, send me your tank and body work immediately. I love you

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Registered the 1100 today. I had not ridden it since mid september , and have not been able to ride for the last 3 weeks. I put a new front tyre on it yesterday ,pilot power 3 . What a fantastic motorcycle. Shit eatin grins all round. The 1200 is being picked up on Friday to go to Pickles Auctions. I should be able to pick up my new bike next week. Ordering Vozz helmets for the bride and I tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:15 am

Excellent! Who is the new bike coming through? Sad though it was the fact is once they have been ram-raided they are never the same again......

Pete
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:32 am

Motociclo. Although the bike looks remarkably unscathed I would not have been happy with it "repaired".
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:13 pm

A nice 80 mile blast after work. Weather was sunny and 70*. Very Happy

Motor running very smoothly. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Charlie J wrote:
Registered the 1100 today. I had not ridden it since mid september , and have not been able to ride for the last 3 weeks. I put a new front tyre on it yesterday ,pilot power 3 . What a fantastic motorcycle. Shit eatin grins all round. The 1200 is being picked up on Friday to go to Pickles Auctions. I should be able to pick up my new bike next week. Ordering  Vozz helmets for the bride and I tomorrow.

Looking forward to your review of the Vozz helmet.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Rode to work, rode to the gym, trailered it home Sad

Startus Interruptus.

I assume it's the battery (connections are tight but I'll look for corrosion).

The weird part is hitting the starter killed all lights / dash and when it came back up the clock showed 0:00 and the screen showed "APMG 0023". Is this a code for something specific?
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Charlie J wrote:
Registered the 1100 today. I had not ridden it since mid september , and have not been able to ride for the last 3 weeks. I put a new front tyre on it yesterday ,pilot power 3 . What a fantastic motorcycle. Shit eatin grins all round. The 1200 is being picked up on Friday to go to Pickles Auctions. I should be able to pick up my new bike next week. Ordering  Vozz helmets for the bride and I tomorrow.

That's quick work Charlie, I hope you took your bits off and put the factory parts back on
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:18 pm

Elmer's Store, Ashfield Mass. yet another coffee stop! A beautiful day in the 70s, quite warm for the season.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 pm

You see this is what pisses me off.

Whenever I visit the US I go out of my way to try and research where I can find small towns that aren't populated with snaggle toothed inbreds that retain some of their history, architecture, culture and charm. Unless I or we, (Jude is often with me.) are accompanied by locals we seem to miss out on places like this and end up in strip malls full of gurning shitheads whose mothers were obviously a little too fond of their brothers!

We KNOW these places are out there, everywhere, because from time to time we stumble across them, (Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes!) but unless we have a *Local*, (Daniel Kalal and Bill and Kathi Hagan are handy for this!) on hand we invariable end up sitting next to pencil necks and fatties with BO and bits missing!

Its very dispiriting!

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Heads up Charlie, if your bike has been declared a "Statutory Write-Off", then nobody gives a toss.
I deliver many such bikes to Pickles or Manheim Auction yards.

"Just slap this sticker on the tank and park it over there with all the other piles of junk". That's all I'm told.

Places I pick them up from will have already stripped batteries, reg recs, radial M/C, the good mirror, pipe etc from the wreck. If you don't, the truckie or the yardie will. So go to town and keep the good bits.

I was given an R1 (brembo) radial m/c for Bella, was later told where it came from ........................... silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next