GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? Empty
PostSubject: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:39 pm

ghezzi wrote:
No "Red Dot" is worth $150 up here in the land of the down trodden and suppressed.
I think wayne means a $150 Fine from our Boys in Blue. A loss of 1 demerit point from your licence too Evil or Very Mad , So keeping the reflector, might also add a rear mudflap, do Mack or Kenworth make small ones Laughing

Romo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:14 pm

waterbottle wrote:
ghezzi wrote:
No "Red Dot" is worth $150 up here in the land of the down trodden and suppressed.
I think wayne means a $150 Fine from our Boys in Blue. A loss of 1 demerit point from your licence too Evil or Very Mad , So keeping the reflector, might also add a rear mudflap, do Mack or Kenworth make small ones Laughing

Are you serious?

Is rule you must have one rear reflector?

And the LEO's really care?

Bill

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:01 pm

It's an Australia wide reg that you must have at least one red rear reflector.

It depends where you live on how the LEO's will react to lack of reflector. Here in NSW you might get a defect if you catch a cop in a bad mood or give them attitude. Usually they only pull you over for speeding or tomfoolery. In Queensland you get pulled over for just riding a motorcycle. The Victorian cops are a bit like the NSW cops, but will probably arrest you for looking at them sideways, and chances of getting shot are higher. I've had no experience with the LEO's elsewhere in Oz.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Installed the Grimeca discs on GRiSO.

Ghezzi was right. A transformation occurred. As I headed out of town, I felt a rising power within. Then, I saw all around me, rainbows with ponies frolicking beneath. I am a demigod as I tip into the first sweeper, as two golden unicorns begin to gallop alongside GRiSO.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:27 pm

I don't know what your taking but be careful Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:50 pm

^^^^^
Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Holy Truck! I'm glad he didn't get a plastic wheel.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Took the GRiSO out for a ride today. Perfect weather, 26 C, just a little breeze, and no clouds. From Geelong to Ballarat and back via Mt Mercer. Some straights (including one that goes forever) and some very nice corners and no traffic on the minor roads. The odometer clicked over 100,000km on the way back.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Nothing with GRiSO, but I did take the Silver Whippet for a logging run. Damn that thing is scary at speed!

Shocked

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:56 am

That's because it's suspension is of the 'Flywire door closer' level of sophistication. How anyone puts up with that shit on an 'Everyday' bike is beyond me. I've ridden 3rd world scooters that have suspension that works better.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 am

Gazi on the rear is decent & Racetech springs up front make a difference. Tho' still not much in hand over 140- certainly not what you're used to.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 am

What is a silver whippet ?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:29 am

Chrome tank V7 racer
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:53 am

Pete Roper wrote:
That's because it's suspension is of the 'Flywire door closer' level of sophistication. How anyone puts up with that shit on an 'Everyday' bike is beyond me. I've ridden 3rd world scooters that have suspension that works better.

If you never want a speeding ticket, this is the bike to own.

MalG wrote:
Gazi on the rear is decent & Racetech springs up front make a difference. Tho' still not much in hand over 140- certainly not what you're used to.

Word! This thing has Bitubo shocks that provide a relatively comfy ride. However, it's the frequent tank slappers and wallowing in the sweepers even at moderate speed that bother me.

Suspect

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Aahh! The memories of my youth on a Jappa.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Yeah, reminds me of one my old Suzuki's.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Word! This thing has Bitubo shocks that provide a relatively comfy ride. However, it's the frequent tank slappers and wallowing in the sweepers even at moderate speed that bother me.

Suspect [/quote]

Something is seriously wrong with that bike. I've never had anything even close to that on either of the V7's, & I've never heard of others who have. Neither has a mate who rides his '11 Racer (std racer suspension) a lot harder than I do, even doubling the advisory speed up the Imlay road sweepers last month. Check it out carefully - tyres?, balance? Wheel bearings? Frame integrity? Suspension fastening? What else?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:53 pm

There's nothing horrible with it Mal, really, it's just got woeful suspension. Also both Mark and I weigh more than you although he isn't in my 'Oh look! An escaped pachyderm!' Class..........Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Went for a ride to Canungra for brekky (crap coffee everywhere in town), with Steve (V7) and Kiz (675R).
Followed by a quick squirt up the goat track and over the top of Mt Tamborine. Down the otherside Kiz and I got a break and enjoyed a quick waltz through the switchbacks. While fastly catching a slow moving tin chicane we noticed a fast car approaching that suddenly braked hard and pulled into a park bay.

Q car (unmarked police car) with hidden radar/cameras/lights etc, aerials are a dead give away. He had to wait for the slow moving chicane to pass before his radar could lock onto our speed, by which time we had slowed.  Watched our mirrors for the u-turn and chase - nothing. Around the corner ............. pass and gone. I've always claimed the double white lines are for the cars to keep left (Australia) so the bikes can pass on the right.

Anyhow, home and enjoying a Carlton Dry n Lime "ice crush", pulled my beer out the freezer in the nick of time. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:32 pm

I spent some minutes at my GRiSO in the garage and told her, that the extreme coldness of the last weeks will be done and I will build in the battery soon and then ....curves, curves, curevs...
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Rode it, T'was very cold. And it needs a wash-but not one that brings it out in icicles.
Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:13 am

Warning triangle came on, scared the $#%$% out of me. After a closer look I noted that it was telling me that I lost a left blinker bulb. OK, opened up the rear left blinker and the bulb test tested fine. Crud! Multi-meter did not show any juice coming to the bulb. Oh well, wanted to take the seat of anyway, not. So, a blinker connection to the harness can let to - interesting!

After all was made right took the old girl out for a 150 mile test spin; had to make sure! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:58 pm

BLOODY FAULTY INDICATORS! Mine was a broken bulb holder, cost me $20,000 to fix.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:31 am

Rode the new one and took some pictures.
This was bought 2 weeks ago with 1350km on the clock.
Previous owner bought a new California as the GRiSO was causing some hip pain, he has much longer legs than my shortarse pair.
5th month 2014 with rollers so no problems like before (shit I hope so) just had 1st service and like new and a good base to start from.
This is my 3rd 8v bike and replaces my recently deceased green Tenni Polished Turd which seemed determined to not bond with me and empty my bank account. I do have to admit it was my inept riding that caused its demise and not the bikes fault.
This new one already gives me a better feel and reminds me of my much loved 08 black GRiSO.
Made a tailtidy for the back which I will refine in the future and fitted new narrower Rizoma bars as well as some Rizoma grips with some old mirrors i had lying around. Newer barends on the way.
Had a brand new Termi fitted a few weeks before I bought it. Will instal a Beetle map shortly before deciding if i will keep the Termi or go back to my low Mistral pipe.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:34 am

The tow truck dragged your old bus away on Friday Mark. I really hope you've finally got one that isn't cursed! And SLOW DOWN A BIT FFS! None of us are 20 any more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next