GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Side Car on a GRiSO?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Side Car on a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Side Car on a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Not to get too personal, but I've had a few too many head injuries and the old equilibrium mechanism is increasingly on the fritz. Some days cant ride at all.  So after seeing Streets awesome side car, I've been thinking about long term riding options and the idea of a side car, but figured it was a no go on a CARC bike, then I see this.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I could of course buy an Eldo or other Guzzi with a side car, but would be great on a GRiSO. Any chance this could be added to the GRiSO? Lower Case has some 8-10MM bold holes......... I'll be riding till I die.............
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Side Car on a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Steve,

That's a pretty nice looking rig. The sidecar is a DMC, same as mine except that he's got the Expedition model that has a lot more features than my base model. I think putting a sidecar on a GRiSO would be a waste of a GRiSO. The 1100 California is a good tug for a hack, and they're relatively cheap and available. I paid three grand for mine with lots of suspension upgrades, luggage, windscreen etc., and only 11,000 miles on the odo. The sidecar, all in, was another six. So I have a lot less invested than what you're looking at, but the Stelvio rig and Expedition sidecar would be great on fire service roads or a trip to the arctic circle. One concern I'd have is that the bike is a 2010 - has it been rolarized?

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Side Car on a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:30 pm

It's been done, but as Street says, why would you want to? It doesn't really gave the frame for it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Side Car on a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Not interested in doing this now, just filing for future use. Given the choice of having to quit riding because your inner gyroscope is shot or putting a sidecar on a GRiSO, what would you do? ;-) But point taken, a sidecar on the Cali or Eldorado is pretty common have seen 3-4, and for a reasonable price. Keeping hope alive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side Car on a GRiSO?   Side Car on a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Side Car on a GRiSO?
Page 1 of 1