GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Staintune

Go down 
+8
NorthernProducer
waterbottle
Oz1200Guzzi
Charlie J
Papa Lazarou
beetle
Pete Roper
Jhtjon
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jhtjon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Jhtjon

Thoughts on Staintune Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:27 am

I have a chance to purchase an inexpensive Staintune can for my '16 GRiSO. I haven't seen much info around on these. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:16 am

I'm really not a fan. It's a generic can adapted to fit a Guzzi, doesn't work very well and sounds like a fish farting. I'd love to recommend an Aussie product but for Guzzis nowadays are pretty lame.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:15 am

They're yucky. Buy Italian.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Well, I have a 2007 1100 and mine sounds fine without the baffle - looks good too ....IMHO of course.

I also have a high level Mistral which I think spoils the bike lines and am looking to sell if anyone might be interested?
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:45 pm

I hear great things about Staintunes-the quality, the looks. But I hear nothing good about them and Guzzis, which is why they are frequently cheap.

Avoid.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:00 pm

I bought one for the 1100, but that was in the dim prehistoric times of " Pre Guzzidiag" and there were no other means of altering the stock fueling that I was aware of, not that I could afford it cause Id just bought a brand new Guzzi and muffler FFS. With the stock map and dbk in it was no great improvement over stock. dbk out was no good. however with Beetles 1100map it was not too bad and went and sounded better with dbk out. But alas the muffler carcass cracked around the bracket..... I consigned to the shed rafters and there it will stay.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Used to be the "go-to" product for a lot of bikes and usually freed up some HP for simpler engines (ie 2V Guzzis). Can be thunderously loud, and as Pete says, like a wet fart. I passed up on one when I purchased my RCM from GT - which came in at about $30 cheaper - just because no-one else had one. Had a map built for it and now, old "Black Betty" roars, for those of you that have heard it - me likey
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:48 pm

Yes , I've heard it Tony .......... Had to throw those undies out Rolling Eyes
Edit : that sounds a bit suspect Laughing   Tony passed me going very fast and LOUD. Fightened me a bit
Back to top Go down
Jhtjon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Jhtjon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:58 am

When I get the bike back to together I'll post my thoughts on the sound. My theory was at the price I couldn't not buy it, it was cheaper than a used stock pipe off eBay.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:40 am

I've had every generation of the VFR and I always installed a Staintune system on those bikes. It was a worthwhile improvement in engine output (anywhere from 5 to 9 HP per the dyno with a proper tune) and the sound was similar to a well tuned Chevy small block V8 with glass packs (note: I kept the DBK's in). They were more expensive, but the fit, finish and performance were hard to beat for the street ridden VFR V-4's.

Hope to read your ride report soon, Jhtjon.
Back to top Go down
Jhtjon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Jhtjon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:41 am

I've still got a few weeks till the Doctor clears me for riding. Apparently, my plate and screws in my humerus have not fully set yet.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:53 pm

NorthernProducer wrote:
I've had every generation of the VFR and I always installed a Staintune system on those bikes.  It was a worthwhile improvement in engine output (anywhere from 5 to 9 HP per the dyno with a proper tune) and the sound was similar to a well tuned Chevy small block V8 with glass packs (note: I kept the DBK's in).  They were more expensive, but the fit, finish and performance were hard to beat for the street ridden VFR V-4's.

Hope to read your ride report soon, Jhtjon.

Staintunes are great on other bikes but have a poor reputation on Guzzis.
Back to top Go down
Jhtjon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Jhtjon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Finally got a good look at the plate and screws in my arm.

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 pm

"calling noise of the crow"
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:07 am

Body armour Extremous!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:21 am

You'll never get past TSA!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:34 pm

The cockhead has pulled it out of alignment, too many screws Shocked    No really , Good job considering what he probably started with. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 pm

[/quote]

Staintunes are great on other bikes but have a poor reputation on Guzzis.[/quote]

Except for the V7 - excellent - fitted to the V7 Classic - freed up the strangled mid-range marvellously - quieter than the Agostinis, Mistrals & Arrows, more expensive than all of them. I prefer the sound to the Mistrals on the Special.
Back to top Go down
Jhtjon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Jhtjon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:35 am

Staintune on bike

Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:57 am

Had staintune on the Trumpy T595 Daytona , performed and sounded great.
Be interesting to see how the GRiSO likes it and sounds.

Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:16 am

They look similar to the ones they made for the 1100 Sport & the V11.

If I pass through Bellingen on the way down, I'd like to call in to Staintune - to check up on the progress they have made on the headers for the V7. A set for the Special just arrived from Agostinis - $900 landed; Looks good, but wont know how well it works until I get that bike down here to fit them.
Back to top Go down
Jhtjon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Jhtjon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:49 am

Surprised no one picked up on the black painted "y" pipe cover. It was a little bashed up in the accident so I hammered it as smooth as possible sand blasted it an high temp wrinkle finished it.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:53 am

Jhtjon wrote:
Surprised no one picked up on the black painted "y" pipe cover. It was a little bashed up in the accident so I hammered it as smooth as possible sand blasted it an high temp wrinkle finished it.

I did see the black Y-pipe and was about to comment when you expressed your surprise... Smile Anyway...I think it looks just fine and in fact complements the surrounding black pieces. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Jhtjon
Carlotto
Carlotto
Jhtjon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:57 pm

That was my thought exactly, it blends in with the starter cover and other items
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:49 pm

hi, pirat  mine had a staintune can when i bought the bike  ugly as sin looks like it belongs on a truck.bought megaphone off ebay had a link pipe made to see what it was like. engine was transformed revving much free'r and more power sounds wild with db killer in and as panigale rider pointed out you can see the back wheel clearer[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Staintune   Thoughts on Staintune Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Staintune
Page 1 of 1