GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

DB 08 error

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:35 am

Riding my GRiSO today and the warning triangle popped up over 4K RPM. Got it home and it showed the error code on the dash. Oil was up to level - never got the oil can and the warning triangle went off under 4K RPM.

Help! Is it the oil sensor or.....?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Oil pressure warning. Almost certainly due to a faulty sender. Replace sender, see if problem goes away.

Pete
Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Was quite sure it is the sensor, double checking my thoughts/conclusion.

Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:11 am

While I am at it, that is replacing the oil pressure sensor, I am tending to a oil leak coming from the left cylinder base. Just did a roller job on it and might be time to re-torque the heads.

Question, what NM or Flbs is used for the heads on a 8 valve 2010!GRiSO. I looked it up but came up with a lot of different suggestions. Used 30ftlbs during roller assembly job.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:27 am

30 ft/lbs is correct. No need to re-torque as the head and base gaskets are effectively incompressible. Unless you got a foreign body stuck between the base of the cylinder and the block, (Unlikely as you haven't had the barrel off.) it is very unlikely it will be leaking from there. The switch is a far more likely candidate with the leakage just tracking around the joint.

Pete
Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pete,
Never had the barrels loose so guess that is out. Besides gas dampness from removing the fuel line, hate that bloody fitting, the oil pressure sensor is dry.

On the left side, straight back from the exhaust flange is a "plug" (per parts page) that is soaked around the edge. The oil leak and sensor triangle warning, coincidence or related!?!? Oil level is bang on.

Cleaned the area between the "plug" and the front engine cover and there is no decernable gasket gap. Cleaned the sensor connector, was clean; waiting for other ideas and if none to be had, will reassemble and see what falls off.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:50 am

The widget illuminated in the bottom pic is the phase sensor, (Ignition pick up in simplistic terms.) and is a notorious leak point due to it only being sealed with an o-ring. If you remove it carefully taking great care not to misplace the shim/s between it and the block and seal it with a smear of Threebond that should eliminate that as a source of a leak.

That though won't explain the warning. For an oil pressure warning to occur pressure must be being slow to build when the engine starts. External leaks won't trigger such an alert. I'm now leaning towards thinking it may be the torn/missing gasket issue that Tony recently found with his 1200 Sport. This gasket seals not only the external joint of the crankcase but also the oil pick up and delivery galleries between the sump spacer, (Which carries the filter and OPRV as well.). If this has blown out or been torn and squeezed out especially around the pick up gallery it may draw air, especially on start up, and this may increase the amount of time it takes for pressure to build.

Right now though, leak or not, I'd replace the oil pressure sender switch first because it's cheap and easy. These don't have to leak to fail. If you replace it and the problem goes away? Brilliant! If it remains it's time to drop the sump and spacer.

Pete
Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:14 am

Have the oil pressure switch out, for $5 US no issue.

Thought that might be the pickup! I did note on closer inspection that the previous owner did exactly what you recomeneded.

Will do both and see what happens. FYI, the warning came on around 4K, dropped back to 3.5k and no warning - after oil level check and repeatable.
Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:06 pm

As I noted, obtained the oil sensor at a local auto parts store (NAPA). Turns out that a BMW oil sensor has the same electrical connection so no connector change was needed.

As to the oil leak, the previous owners sealing job finally just gave and after a good cleaning was replaced with some Yamabond - no oil leak and no warning triangle.
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:06 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DB 08 error Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB 08 error   DB 08 error Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

DB 08 error
Page 1 of 1