GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The rear hugger.

Go down 
+14
Oz1200Guzzi
The Saint
Triman023
Enzo the baker
Blue
Grisodude
Pete Roper
sidrat
Scot p
poon
pauldaytona
Steak
DungeonMaster
Grisonut
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:12 am

Hey guys, I've had the Skidmarx on my 09 and currently on the wife's 07.
I want to get a new one a customized it but for the life of me, I cannot remember where I purchased it from. Rolling Eyes 
I search my e-mails through 2010 but can't find an invoice/confirmation notice. Damn it!
So anyway, where's the best place to get it from in the US?
Too much Belgian brusky lately...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:07 am

I want to get one too.
Have you looked on the guzzitech forum?
That seems to be a fairly technical forum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:08 am

This place vends the Skidmarx Also Stucchi Luigi and Agostini make versions that mount via a clamp on the Reaction Rod, and Pyramid Plastics makes a version very similar to the OP.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:50 pm

For the Stelvio I use this, that protects the shock 100%. I think there are now more then 100 Stelvio running like this, even tested in the dessert, next to your Huggers, and the verdickt was this works much better then a hugger. I don't see why this shouldn't fit on a GRiSO. Same airbox. The rubber is between airbox and inner mudgard.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks Steak and that's who I got it from now that I remember the funny name...
And Paul, I don't go in the dessert with ze GRiSO.  Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
poon
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
poon

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi, a hugger for the GRiSO can be found on those places,

and

/Peter
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 am

Recently installed a skidmarks I got from Beetle, only thing I don't like is its a big resonator for drive line noise something I never even noticed I had before I installed it, will look at adding a rubber plate on the swing arm mounted side to hopefully isolate it from vibes a bit...... Maybe I just need a slightly noisier pipe..

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 am

Thank god I have horrible tinnitus and a hearing profile of a retired airport tarmac monkey...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:40 am

Hey, what was that? You're typing too quietly and I can't hear what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:16 am

he said he wants an Ago can. Smile
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am

Hey Paul i like the simple fix and always like to make something for my bike. I can feel the gap twixt the airbox and mudguard, but how is it held in place?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:33 am

Shit! I keep forgetting to send DM my old hugger! Send me your addy again my friend I think I must of deleted it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 am

Hi Paul
Second that on your idea,looks good and simple.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:45 am

I did a similar thing with my Versys [ created a shaped rubber mudflap that was attached to the bottom of the battery holder with a couple of small nuts/bolts] For the Versys it protected the rectifier as well as the shock. Did a great job!
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:10 pm

I installed the carbon fiber hugger from AF1 in Texas. It's light well made and complements the carbon on the Mistral. Now I want a carbon front fender.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:30 pm

That looks good with the match to the mistral!

The Skidmarxs ones here are about £85/95 new. I found one going used on ebay and bid and got it for £35. It was missing the fixing kit - rang Skidmarx and got that sent and postage for £10. The hugger was described as having slight storage marks. Got it and cannot find anything wrong with it. Will see how it fairs. For what I have paid, I will not worry about it getting trashed but at least it will protect the shock. Plan B will be another homemade and shaped rubber flap like posted earlier in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:12 pm

I use a shock bag, works great and covers the whole shock.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:46 am

I like the mudflap idea. Who sells those? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make one.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 am

well I suppose this will fit a GRiSO too:
goes in between airbox and inner fender

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:55 am

The Saint wrote:
I like the mudflap idea. Who sells those? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make one.  

Yep, ordered some rubber sheet today, will post some pictures when it is done :-)
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:37 pm

sidrat wrote:
Hey Paul i like the simple fix and always like to make something for my bike. I can feel the gap twixt the airbox and mudguard, but how is it held in place?

Well with first stelvio, it was getting fixing screws out of top airbox, pull the airbox 1/2 inch up, push the rubber in between, and mount the screws again to fix the airbox. It stayed there until I put in the new model airbox, that left more room, then I did the same, but first put some silicone sealant on the rubber.
I've seen people screwing it because they didn't trust it, but there is no need for that.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:26 pm

pauldaytona wrote:
sidrat wrote:

Well with first stelvio, it was getting fixing screws out of top airbox, pull the airbox 1/2 inch up, push the rubber in between, and mount the screws again to fix the airbox. It stayed there until I put in the new model airbox, that left more room, then I did the same, but first put some silicone sealant on the rubber.
I've seen people screwing it because they didn't trust it, but there is no need for that.

Thanks Paul, i will add some silicone just to make sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:08 pm

I use a mudflap and it work quite well. Ensure you mount it properly using good quality stainless steel fixings (don't buy the cheapies at your discount hardware store) or they will most likely rust - proving that they are, in fact, not a quality stainless steel product.

I use a strip of stainless steel sheet on the outside to ensure it all sits flat.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:29 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I use a mudflap and it work quite well. Ensure you mount it properly using good quality stainless steel fixings (don't buy the cheapies at your discount hardware store) or they will most likely rust - proving that they are, in fact, not a quality stainless steel product.

I use a strip of stainless steel sheet on the outside to ensure it all sits flat.

1200 sport has different airbox, there is mounting different
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:37 pm

fyi, the Pyramid hugger has been discontinued.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The rear hugger. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rear hugger.   The rear hugger. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The rear hugger.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next