GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Tenni in Germany

Go down 
+7
bioman
Dilliw
wardentm
sidrat
Street
Papa Lazarou
XU12
11 posters
AuthorMessage
XU12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
XU12

GRiSO Tenni in Germany Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:32 am

Hi,

my Name is Holger and i am living and driving ;-) in Germany.

I am new inside this Forum, i own several Guzzi since 1982 and last November i was able to buy a 2009er TENNI 8V in original "dress".
The bike was used with 23.000 km and last Service it was updated with the new Rollertapers.
Due to less cleaningservice from the old user the spokes look very dirty and showed some corrosion mainly at the spokes.
So my first question would be: Any good idea to clean the spoke especially "behind" the Brakediscs?
Next Question: Some recommendation about actual Tires for front and rear wheel? I am going to purchase Pirelli ANGEL GT Tires, but they seems to be engineered in 2013, so it may be newe constructions are meanwhile available, doing a better job than the Angel GT-Tires?
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:56 am

I've used very fine wire pads and oil to clean to rusty spokes, with good results.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:43 am

Welcome, Holger.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 am

Welcome Holger, I have had a pair of Pirelli Angels on mine and they work well, i currently have the stickier versions, but i got the footrests scraping with the Angels on the bike, so you will be fine. I did a track day on a ducati with Pirelli Angels and they were fine, they did move about a bit with the larger grooves, but they gripped well, enjoy

The bikes themselves are fantastic :-)
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Welcomed Holger.

And now all the new posts on this site are MINE!!! All mine...
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:35 pm

G'day Holger
welcome from us all from under down under in Tasmania
Enjoy your stay here and of course the 'G'
Stay safe and warm
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Welcome Holger. I had the Michelin PR3s and now I'm about 1600km into a set of Angel GTs. So far the Pirelli has the edge but we shall see once we get some more wear.

When cleaning the spokes make sure you are careful around the spoke nipples. The neoprene gasket will be exposed to whatever solvent you are using. Once you get things clean I use the Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere instead of soap and water for regular washes. It says on the spray bottle "not for matte paint" but I contacted the company and they actually recommend it as long as you do not rub hard. My Tenni doesn't like water!

Oh and Optiglanz for your exhaust. Don't know what you Germans use for that but it is amazing.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto! And congratulations with your Tenni. They are absolutely stunning!!
Back to top Go down
XU12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
XU12

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:43 am

Thanks for all Greetings. Actual we have -9 C Celsius and lot of Show and ice. I will start to clean the spokes with LusterLace polishband, sometimes adding some Autosol paste to improve.
If that won't work, i will try the fine wird pads, in Europe, or may be only in Germany, called AKO-PADS, which are quite heavy stuff as i won't hurte my GRiSO too much...

@Dilliw: Please send some news about the Angel GT, end of February i have to order new Tires.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:43 am

Welcome, Holger!
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:33 am

Welcome Holger,     I am also a Tenni owner and am running the Angel GT tyres which I like. (good tyres)
Back to top Go down
XU12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
XU12

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:02 am

one year later: i replaced all spokes against new chromized ones over christmas/new year.
New O-Rings from technical supply for 0,20 €/pcs. Grease used saltwater resistance white boat-grease, suitable for NBR-Rings. Now my Tenni looks quite better. Thanks to Beetle the engine runs now very fine. With 25.500 km since first owner and myself i have to replace the Brembo-discs in Front, the old discs was with 4.4 below the minimum. Now waiting for snowfree, saltfree warm weather for first ride and testing...
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Holger, did you mean the discs or the brake pads? I didn't get the discs replaced until I had done 100,000km. I replaced the stock Brembo discs with Grimeca racing discs.
Back to top Go down
XU12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
XU12

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:37 pm

unfortunately the expensive Discs. The first owner has driven 23.000 km mainly in townarea, so i think this may be the reason for the early change. My Srelvio has 40.000 km with still first pads and discs, i always drive in countryside with not too big hurry...;-)
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:18 am

Beetle and I both have the Grimeca racing discs and we got them through ebay from England. They cost me $390AUD delivered. If they are still available they would be perfect for your bike.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 am

welcome i had pr4's and they wore funny and replaced them with angel gts which i have done 6k and they still look new
Back to top Go down
XU12
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
XU12

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Tenni in Germany   GRiSO Tenni in Germany Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Tenni in Germany
Page 1 of 1