GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Öhlins suspension

Go down 
+11
BobW981
waterbottle
Nobleswood
Street
guzziownr
sidrat
Converted Duc
2highlander
Pete Roper
Baross
Il Griso
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

GRiSO Öhlins suspension - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Öhlins suspension   GRiSO Öhlins suspension - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2022 10:01 pm

Yet another rear suspension question.

I like the bike now, i don't want to change anything except the ride quality.
Looking around and found this AMMORTIZZATORE OHLINS S46DR1S MOTO GUZZI NORGE 1200 2010 10.

All i need to know is, will it fit straight up to my 1100 GRiSO & will i get a better ride?

If as suggested i get something 15mm longer, what would i get that bolts straight up with the same features as this unit?

cheers Terry

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Öhlins suspension   GRiSO Öhlins suspension - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:01 am

tsheep2 wrote:

Looking around and found this AMMORTIZZATORE OHLINS S46DR1S MOTO GUZZI NORGE 1200 2010 10.

All i need to know is, will it fit straight up to my 1100 GRiSO & will i get a better ride?

If as suggested i get something 15mm longer, what would i get that bolts straight up with the same features as this unit?

cheers Terry

First of all, I don’t know this shock or cross figment with the Norge. From what I recall the GRiSO sits low at the rear, and an increase in rear shock length would speed up the steering, 5-10mm ok unsure about 15mm.

Worth a try to enquire with your Ohlins service centre. They may be able to change the length of the shock??

If this is a load of bollx, someone will step in to correct me.
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Öhlins suspension   GRiSO Öhlins suspension - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:51 pm

BobW981 wrote:
tsheep2 wrote:

cheers Terry

First of all, I don’t know this shock or cross figment with the Norge.  From what I recall the GRiSO sits low at the rear, and an increase in rear shock length would speed up the steering, 5-10mm ok unsure about 15mm.

Worth a try to enquire with your Ohlins service centre. They may be able to change the length of the shock??

If this is a load of bollx, someone will step in to correct me.

Finally the stars have aligned, and Maxton have my new shock.  They will replace the bottom eye with a Clevis, then increase its total length by +8mm over the OEM of 321mm, giving a length of 329mm.

From calculations elsewhere in the Ghetto, ‘Ghezzi’ replied with a link ratio ranging from 3:1 to 2.3:1 giving an average of 2.65:1 (8mm x 3 = 24mm thru to 8mm x 2.3 = 18.4mm)
Therefore +8mm will result in an average increased rear height of +21.2mm (just under 7/8” in old money).

It’ll be fitted with a heavy b’stard spring. This will increase the ‘turn in’, will be a case of suck n see whether I drop the forks through the triple clamps to balance it???

Bob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Öhlins suspension   GRiSO Öhlins suspension - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Öhlins suspension
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3